App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
03-05-2017
Thanks for informing, spreadsheet has been updated. Check the questions mentioned in the spreadsheet.

If they are satisfied that you are a genuine couple, then they will pass your Eligibility, and next step will be to conduct Background Checks.

@MM345 ... If they conduct background check after eligibility, then how do you explain VO taking passport right after interview for many cases, to issue visa ?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
@MM345 ... If they conduct background check after eligibility, then how do you explain VO taking passport right after interview for many cases, to issue visa ?
I can't explain that, because I have not seen that happening yet with Pakistani applicants. @Landing_PR is an example: their background check started after interview was conducted and eligibility was passed. Passport was not collected.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why is this stupid BGC taking so long?? Its been a month now. And there nothing really to check so why are they wasting time?
Anu luck with your BGC @Screenager?
Not yet @turbocharged92 but here's a good read from @Eagle333 about BGCs:

"Background checks are done through many companies such as and not limited to these 6.

1. CSIS: Security screening, Espionage and Foreign interference, Terrorism, Weapon of mass destruction,
Human trafficking, CSIS works with many agencies around the globe and they like the FBI or CIA. I happened to contact them in 2013 when I was sponsoring my spouse because the background checks were taking too long and they responded me. So you can actually write to them and request to know about your background checks

2. INTERPOL:

•Help officials – senior law enforcers, policy makers and decision makers – deal more effectively with uncertainty and new challenges;
•Provide timely warning of threats;
•Support operational activities and complex investigations.

Types of analysis

Criminal intelligence analysis is divided into operational (or tactical) and strategic analysis.

The basic skills required are similar, the two categories differ with regard to the level of detail and the type of client for whom the products
are designed. Operational analysis aims to achieve a specific law enforcement outcome. This might be an arrest, seizure, forfeiture of assets or money gained from criminal activities, or the disruption of a criminal group.

Operational analytical support includes:
•Identifying links between suspects, and their involvement in crimes and criminal activity;
•Identifying key investigative or information gaps;
•Preparing profiles of known or suspected criminals.

Strategic analysis is intended to inform higher level decision makers, and the benefits are realized over the long term.

The intention is to provide early warning of threats and to support senior decision makers in preparing their organizations to deal with emerging criminal issues. This might include allocating resources to different types of crime, or increasing training in a particular crime-fighting technique.

Strategic analysis includes the identification of:
•Crime trends and patterns;
•Emerging threats;
•The potential impact of external factors such as technology, demographics or economics on crime.

In every country there is an Interpol office.

3. RCMP: You may need a criminal record check for various purposes, including: employment, adoption, international travel, volunteer work, citizenship, name change, student placement or to obtain a record suspension

4. If you were an ex Policeman, ex military , ex diplomat, ex government member, ex secret serviceman, your checks will be very deep than a simple citizen

5. Number of trips you did to some red flagged regions of the world, if there is any immigration laws you have been broken in the past, any warrant against you in the countries you visited more that 6 months.

6. Your full name and date of birth sound familiar like someone they have been looking for around the world

During this period you can now understand why CIC has no control over your file anymore and they usually don't like to reply to some emails of why the process is taking too long. They will only tell you we are waiting for background checks to finish. It can take from one months to some extend 12 months because there is no way to control this period.

7. Anytime your file does not make sense about dates, locations, occupation, Fake school certificate or marriage these things will make the VO to extend the processing time in order to work with the issuing government of any documentation your provided. These are good ingredient of an interview.

So CSIS is the leading government third party that works with other agencies around the world. There was one guy in Italy who had a criminal conviction but he hid it in the end CIC found out through CSIS and this person was charged with misrepresentation. based on the notes they might have left on his profile. A lady in Ghana produced Fake school certificate and CIC found it and they did not trust any documents she sent, her file was rejected and banned from applying to come to Canada. There are so many stories we can tell. When our files are in background checks a lot do happen. If you research a lot you will learn a lot too. ""

Last edited:

mnsrs

Oct 9, 2017
Salam guys. I will be submitting my application later this month. I was wondering if anybody here got married to his/her cousin in Pakistan. I wanted help with some questions in the forms, the answers to which are not straight forward in my case.
Thanks in advance !

cybersaadk

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
10-04-2017
askm, for rukhsati, does LVO insist on proof that sponsor's parents also attended the rukhsati? I am thinking about going to Pakistan for rukhsati to avoid issues but want to know if LVO has caused issues before with non-attendacne of sponsor's parents/family in rukhsati?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
askm, for rukhsati, does LVO insist on proof that sponsor's parents also attended the rukhsati? I am thinking about going to Pakistan for rukhsati to avoid issues but want to know if LVO has caused issues before with non-attendacne of sponsor's parents/family in rukhsati?
They do expect that families will attend the wedding. If it's not possible that you can send explanation letter.

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
LVO does not make a decision on one fact only. If your parents don't attend the rukhsati, it will make LVO suspicious, but if all the other proofs are convincing enough and there are no other odd things, then you'll probably be okay. Just make sure you're ready to explain why they didn't attend. Your reason has to be convincing.

Keep in mind that LVO compares everything to a cultural standard. If your parents don't attend, that's a significant difference from the cultural standard and it does put your application at risk of more scrutiny.

Reactions: MM345

25may2k7_applicant

Jul 14, 2017
Islamabad
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-10-2017
Just called cic to find out the current status of application and according to the automated message “reviewing eligibility” and also “processing BGC”. A week ago the status was “reviweing eligibility” and “BGC hasn’t started yet”. Question: dont they start BGC after eligibility is passed?

Huracan707

Oct 16, 2017
@MM345 I am new on this forum but seems like you are the person to get my information added on the spreadsheet (i.e. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLM1Z1qOBPSwGS9DOfkPRpXY4sLWD6PBr2s5LSBmmfY/edit#gid=1444578034)

Application received in Mississauga date: June 30, 2017
AOR Data from Case Processing Mississauga: August 8, 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Sargodha
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: August 29, 2017
Application in Process date:
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date: Medical Request date August 31, 2017. Police clearance certificate provided upfront.
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC):
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): September 11, 2017
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC):
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date: September 14, 2017
Additional documents that are requested: Passport Size Pictures
Application Move to LVO: September 18, 2017
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Yes
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): No
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): No
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Thank You

samarik

Jan 17, 2017
Hello guys,
Here's an update on our file; March 3 applicant(nikkah on Dec 23, 2016)
CIC is requesting pictures of rukhsati and time spent together after marraige. We had never indicated that rukhsati was completed. However it's planned for Dec of this year.
I'm thinking of attaching an explanation letter with proof of all the family members coming with tickets and also hall reciepts.
Has anyone been in this situation recently?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hello guys,
Here's an update on our file; March 3 applicant(nikkah on Dec 23, 2016)
CIC is requesting pictures of rukhsati and time spent together after marraige. We had never indicated that rukhsati was completed. However it's planned for Dec of this year.
I'm thinking of attaching an explanation letter with proof of all the family members coming with tickets and also hall reciepts.
Has anyone been in this situation recently?
Yes write a very detailed explanation letter and include proof of all Rukshati/Walima prep ( invitation cards (if possible), jewellery receipts, receipts of dress/suit/shoes of both, bookings of parlour, bookings of hall, receipts of gifts to be exchanged, airplane tickets, if you guys have decided to have a honeymoon after the Rukshati in December then include that plan as well.

IF you have any pictures of both of you spending time after Nikkah then include those pictures as well.

Either lvo will believe and pass eligibility or they will wait for the Rukshati to take place and then ask more proofs later on. Try your best to provide as much proof as u can at this moment.

Please share your timeline in the below so we can add you to the 2017 spreadsheet and track the progress of your application:

Application received in Mississauga date:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date:
Medical Request date:
Police clearance certificate request date:
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date:
Additional documents that are requested:
Application Move to LVO:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):

Last edited:
Reactions: cybersaadk

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
@MM345 I am new on this forum but seems like you are the person to get my information added on the spreadsheet (i.e. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLM1Z1qOBPSwGS9DOfkPRpXY4sLWD6PBr2s5LSBmmfY/edit#gid=1444578034)

Application received in Mississauga date: June 30, 2017
AOR Data from Case Processing Mississauga: August 8, 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Sargodha
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: August 29, 2017
Application in Process date:
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date: Medical Request date August 31, 2017. Police clearance certificate provided upfront.
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): September 11, 2017
Additional document request date: September 14, 2017
Additional documents that are requested: Passport Size Pictures
Application Move to LVO: September 18, 2017
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Yes
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): No
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): No
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Thank You
Hi, the spreadsheet is not working for me right now, i will add u asap.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Just called cic to find out the current status of application and according to the automated message “reviewing eligibility” and also “processing BGC”. A week ago the status was “reviweing eligibility” and “BGC hasn’t started yet”. Question: dont they start BGC after eligibility is passed?
Yes, most likely. Order GCMS notes to confirm.
Do keep us updated.

Reactions: 25may2k7_applicant