14-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
10-04-2017
Hello guys,
Here's an update on our file; March 3 applicant(nikkah on Dec 23, 2016)
CIC is requesting pictures of rukhsati and time spent together after marraige. We had never indicated that rukhsati was completed. However it's planned for Dec of this year.
I'm thinking of attaching an explanation letter with proof of all the family members coming with tickets and also hall reciepts.
Has anyone been in this situation recently?
I am a March 2017 nikkah only applicant as well. Would you mind posting the exact message?

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Hi all.

My friends/family strongly advising/pushing to apply temporary visit visa for the spouse. and let her complete the wait time in Canada.

I know already it is very hard to get this visa.

But do you think while the PR application is in-process, I should give it a try?

My wife has a job in pak and funds also and that does count as strong ties to home country. right?

What are the thoughts?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi all.

My friends/family strongly advising/pushing to apply temporary visit visa for the spouse. and let her complete the wait time in Canada.

But do you think while the PR application is in-process, I should give it a try?

My wife has a job in pak and funds also and that does count as strong ties to home country. right?

What are the thoughts?
I have shared my thoughts and experience multiple times on this thread. You may want to explore the "Visitors" section of the forum.

Reactions: torontian

pluspc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hi all.

What are the thoughts?
It doesn't hurt to try, however, there is a lot more paperwork involved. If you do apply for the visit visa, then when she comes here you would have to change it to inland application (i believe). Change in status and change of application will cause more delay.

From my experience, Pakistani spouses have a hard time getting a visit visa, but then again every case is different. The worst possible outcome would be that your visa would be declined, but your application will remain in process.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Last edited:

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
It doesn't hurt to try, however, there is a lot more paperwork involved. If you do apply for the visit visa, then when she comes here you would have to change it to inland application (i believe). Change in status and change of application will cause more delay.

From my experience, Pakistani spouses have a hard time getting a visit visa, but then again every case is different. The worst possible outcome would be that your visa would be declined, but your application will remain in process.
No need to change application to inland if trv is granted.

Reactions: pluspc

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA

I don't want the PR process to be delayed offcourse.
But yes I agree with you that the worst come scenario is that it will be declined.
Still thank you for your thoughts

Reactions: pluspc

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
@MM345 I am new on this forum but seems like you are the person to get my information added on the spreadsheet (i.e. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLM1Z1qOBPSwGS9DOfkPRpXY4sLWD6PBr2s5LSBmmfY/edit#gid=1444578034)

Application received in Mississauga date: June 30, 2017
AOR Data from Case Processing Mississauga: August 8, 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Sargodha
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: August 29, 2017
Application in Process date:
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date: Medical Request date August 31, 2017. Police clearance certificate provided upfront.
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC):
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC): September 11, 2017
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC):
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date: September 14, 2017
Additional documents that are requested: Passport Size Pictures
Application Move to LVO: September 18, 2017
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Yes
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): No
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): No
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Thank You
Added to the spreadsheet. Do keep us informed of the progress of your application.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received a message today from CIC that they need translated CIC.

Now the CNIC was a smart card one and was in English from the front but the backside had address in Urdu. From where do i need to get it translated, should it be from a notary (similar to the nikkah nama thing) and should there be a notary stamp?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I received a message today from CIC that they need translated CIC.

Now the CNIC was a smart card one and was in English from the front but the backside had address in Urdu. From where do i need to get it translated, should it be from a notary (similar to the nikkah nama thing) and should there be a notary stamp?
It is surprising that they want translation of smart CNIC. I guess it varies with visa officers, I was never requested and I submitted a smart cnic too. You should get it translated from the same place where you got your NN translated.
Please read the recent guidelines instructions regarding certifying translated documents from the cic website as they keep updating it.

Do you want to be added to the 2017 spreadsheet?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is surprising that they want translation of smart CNIC. I guess it varies with visa officers, I was never requested and I submitted a smart cnic too. You should get it translated from the same place where you got your NN translated.
Please read the recent guidelines instructions regarding certifying translated documents from the cic website as they keep updating it.

Do you want to be added to the 2017 spreadsheet?
My file is still with Mississauga so I dont think a visa officer has been assigned yet. .. Can you share link for the guidelines regarding certifying translate documents? Also when I am logging into the account I see they are asking for "US Permanent Resident ID (required)", dont know why .. maybe this should be CNIC translation and they have done a mistake.

Yes you can add me in the sheet

25th Aug - Application Submission
6th OCT - Medical
7th OCT - Schedule A
16th OCT - PCC

Last edited:

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Thank you for the info everyone. I have just mailed my app today. may Allah make it a quick and easy process. :confused: