+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
salam

u seem to have a great grip on this .. i tried to look at the excel sheet but its a little confusing .
i am a canadian pr and applied for my wife sponsorship in May 2017. My file moved to london office on 4 Oct 2017 . I wanted to know how long shall i expect from here .
thankyou

Sac1992

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states: “marriage”, in respect of a marriage that took place outside Canada, means a marriage that is valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law. Section 117 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states: A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is (a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner; You have not satisfied me that you and your sponsor are in a valid marriage because you have not demonstrated that the marriage has been registered with the appropriate authorities. The Urdu Nikah Nama you have provided does not bear the seal of the Nikah Registrar, and does not list the date your marriage was registered. You were asked to provide a Marriage Registration Certificate, issued by the Union Council, to demonstrate your marriage has been registered. In response, you have provided copies of the marriage documents currently on file. I am not satisfied the documents you have provided demonstrate your marriage has been registered. As a result, I am not satisfied you are in a valid marriage with your sponsor. Consequently, you are not considered the spouse of your sponsor pursuant to section 117(1)(a) of the Regulations and your application for permanent residence may be refused. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. It appears that you do not meet the requirements of the Act for the reasons set out above.
Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to these concerns. You must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information within 30 days, I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

check officer stupidity omg they are insane people...

well so sorry for your case.. inshaALLAH things will get better
.. i would like to know that do u guys changed your marital status in your nic or nicop where the bride nic/nicop comes under husband name ???

Reactions: zaria

Sac1992

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Im January 2017 applicant im really upset right now im in pakistan with my husband and he is leaving to UAE on 8th oct while he wants me to stay back with his parents. Its making me really stressful cuz i owe a car and student loan in canada but i cant convince my inlaws they simply dont understand the Canadian life style. I know i shouldnt be talking about my personal issues here but this process is making my married life complicated.
Im January 2017 applicant too ... still they are reviewing my eligibility... no BGC started :(

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Im January 2017 applicant too ... still they are reviewing my eligibility... no BGC started :(
Relax. BGC doesn't start until the very end these days, and it only lasts a few days and then you get your final decision. The total processing time, from the day Mississauga received your application, is 12 months. Almost 10 months have passed since then, so January people will be hearing back very soon as long as their cases are normal and don't have any red flags. Eligibility stays in review until the very end--that status does not change. So don't worry.

You can order your GCMS notes to see where your case is at right now and to get an idea of what the officers are thinking.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states: “marriage”, in respect of a marriage that took place outside Canada, means a marriage that is valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law. Section 117 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states: A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is (a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner; You have not satisfied me that you and your sponsor are in a valid marriage because you have not demonstrated that the marriage has been registered with the appropriate authorities. The Urdu Nikah Nama you have provided does not bear the seal of the Nikah Registrar, and does not list the date your marriage was registered. You were asked to provide a Marriage Registration Certificate, issued by the Union Council, to demonstrate your marriage has been registered. In response, you have provided copies of the marriage documents currently on file. I am not satisfied the documents you have provided demonstrate your marriage has been registered. As a result, I am not satisfied you are in a valid marriage with your sponsor. Consequently, you are not considered the spouse of your sponsor pursuant to section 117(1)(a) of the Regulations and your application for permanent residence may be refused. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. It appears that you do not meet the requirements of the Act for the reasons set out above.
Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to these concerns. You must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information within 30 days, I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

check officer stupidity omg they are insane people...
@zaria
Reading this and your posts that you had already provided them these things: Urdu Nikkah Naama copy with seal of the registrar AND Your union council issued Marriage Certificate.... It clearly seems that the visa officer has over looked the seal on the copy that you provided to them. And completely missed the Nadra Marriage Certificate you provided also. I'm not sure why the date field on your Nikkah nama is empty or did that visa officer overlook it and made a mistake.

Write a letter of explanation, with copies of these things again and referencing them in your letter that the seal can be clearly seen and that the marriage certificate is also attached. (Also provide another english translation + certificate of true translation along with this Urdu nikkah nama's notorized photocopy). Goto the union council / Cantonment Board where your nikkah naama was registered... (through some source preferably) and ask them to write to you on their official letter head that your nikkah nama is registered with them and only on the basis of this did they issue you the Marriage Certificate and the that the date of the Nikkah was XYZ.

**This may sound stupid and basic but just to be extra sure: Nikkah Nama and Marriage Certificate (Union Council issued) are 2 separate things.** Also read country specific document requirements for Pakistanis ....for ambundance of Caution.

May be your lawyer screwed up and forgot to send somethings or mixed something up. Dont rule anything out.

Its a PFL (final chance before refusal). Explain as much as you can and provide as much evidence as you can. Take this very seriously and invest all your time in this. Their concern as per this letter:
(1)They cant see the Nikkah Registrar's SEAL (The maulvi sahab who conducted the Nikkah).
(2) The Nikkah Date field is also Blank.
(3) They can't find Nadra Marriage Certificate (Issued by Union Council and not NADRA itself directly) in your file (Marriage Certificate also has the Nikkah date btw).
They want these things to be crystal clear among other things in Pakistani Spousal cases.

Last edited:

Sac1992

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Reading this and your posts that you had already provided them these things That is a Urdu Nikkah Naama copy with seal of the registrar AND Your union council issued Marriage Certificate.... It clearly seems that the visa officer has over looked the seal on the copy that you provided to them. And completely missed the Nadra Marriage Certificate you provided also. Write a letter of explanation, with copies of these things again and refercing them in your letter that the seal can be clearly seen and that the marriage certificate is also attached. (Also provide another english translation and certificate of translation or urdu nikkan naama along with its nikkah nama's notorized photocopy). Goto the union council / Cant Board where your nikkah naama was registered... (through some source preferably) and ask them to write you on their official letter head that your nikkah nama is registered with them and only on the basis of this did they issue you the Marriage Certificate.

**This may sound stupid and basic but just to be extra sure: Nikkah Nama and Marriage Certificate (Union Council issued) are 2 separate things.**
Also read country specific document requirements for Pakistanis.

May be your lawyer screwed up and forgot to send somethings or mixed something up. Dont rule anything out.

Its a PFL (final chance before refusal). Explain as much as you can and provide as much evidence as you can. Take this very seriously and invest all your time in this. Their concern as per this letter: They cant see the Nikkah Registrar's SEAL (The maulvi sahab who conducted the Nikkah). They can't find Nadra Marriage Certificate (Issued by Union Council and not NADRA itself directly) in your file.

try to submit your FRC ( family registration certificate obtained from Nadra )

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
try to submit your FRC ( family registration certificate obtained from Nadra )
Yes @zaria FRC (Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA) might help as well along with those main things mentioned in the letter, thats a brilliant suggestion. Also make sure your NIC's etc are upto date i.e Wife's NIC has husband's name instead of her father's.

Last edited:

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im January 2017 applicant im really upset right now im in pakistan with my husband and he is leaving to UAE on 8th oct while he wants me to stay back with his parents. Its making me really stressful cuz i owe a car and student loan in canada but i cant convince my inlaws they simply dont understand the Canadian life style. I know i shouldnt be talking about my personal issues here but this process is making my married life complicated.
(1) Just make sure you don't get categorized as "undischarged bankrupt" because of the car loan and Student loan (Your "Sponsor Approval" shouldv taken care of that but still to completely be risk-Free, keep an eye on those loans for the length of the processing period of your file.)
(2) Im assuming you are a citizen and not a permanent Resident. (You cant be staying in Pak for more than a couple of weeks if you're a PR)
(3) I'm also assuming that you provided solid Proofs of Intent to relocate to Canada once your husband gets his PR approved. (as Non resident Canadian sponsors need to)

If all of these have been taken care of, you shouldn't worry much. If not, take measures to address these things from Pakistan, if that is also not possible, You might need to go back to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: AHC