Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
This is honestly so wrong, having to wait an entire year and still only finding out through GCMS notes that they will be interviewed. This process seriously sucks!

In your opinion what sort of applications get called for an interview? age difference? second marriages? Arranged marriages?
From what I have seen on this forum: Nikkah Only cases, second marriage, big age gaps esp where the girl is older, family not present in the wedding, spouses of different culture e.g. "gori Canadian larki", where developnent of relationship is not clear via the proof provided, incomplete docs.

At the end of the day it really depends on the luck and what kind of application you submit.

I have known people who are nikkah only and presented their application as a Rukhsati couple and have got PPR without any add doc request or interview.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Question 3 in imm1344: are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common law partner in Canada class

Answer should be yes or no? Sponsoring husband from Pakistan
Sponsoring a member of family class living "outside"Canada.

Did you receive an additional document request to send any other forms? Any update in your case after re med request?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi Kinza_Bee said :
I need little help or giddiness over here. Officer said there is age difference in your wife and you is 4 year. As well he said your wife should change last name that she haven't change yet. he is saying that money I am use to transfer to my wife is not on her name its on her father name why.
Could you please guide me how to tackle this situation.
1. Who is older in your case?
2. Tell them that there is no legal or religious requirement to adopt husband's name.
3. what was the reason to transfer money to ur FIL's name?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Im 10 months older than my hubby .. i work in canada so i dont ask my hubby to send me money .. n im not changin my last name either as its not forcefully required in canada .. what the fudge????
Don't worry as yet. If they ask you, you can provide reasonable explanation later. Let it be for now.

pluspc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Question 3 in imm1344: are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common law partner in Canada class

Answer should be yes or no? Sponsoring husband from Pakistan
Answer should be yes - because you are sponsoring a member of the family class (your spouse)

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hi Kinza_Bee said :
I need little help or giddiness over here. Officer said there is age difference in your wife and you is 4 year. As well he said your wife should change last name that she haven't change yet. he is saying that money I am use to transfer to my wife is not on her name its on her father name why.
Could you please guide me how to tackle this situation.
Have they asked for these explanations or are these the reasons for interview?

If these are the grounds for interviewing, then you had best start collecting your evidence of a genuine relationship right away. Lots of video call screen shots, maybe the sponsor should visit if financially feasible if not visit nonetheless. Start sending money in the PA's name. Upon visit take lots of pictures, do things couples do shopping, movies, dinners etc. Send each other emails, take screenshots of chat, send gifts.

As far as changing name goes, I didn't change my name either. And refuse to. I'm not my husbands property to change my basic identity and attach his name with mine. Frankly I am offended they should raise that as even a concern. Screw patriarchy. If I see that in my notes London will be hearing from my lawyers!

Reactions: avatarkyoshi

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Have they asked for these explanations or are these the reasons for interview?

If these are the grounds for interviewing, then you had best start collecting your evidence of a genuine relationship right away. Lots of video call screen shots, maybe the sponsor should visit if financially feasible if not visit nonetheless. Start sending money in the PA's name. Upon visit take lots of pictures, do things couples do shopping, movies, dinners etc. Send each other emails, take screenshots of chat, send gifts.

As far as changing name goes, I didn't change my name either. And refuse to. I'm not my husbands property to change my basic identity and attach his name with mine. Frankly I am offended they should raise that as even a concern. Screw patriarchy. If I see that in my notes London will be hearing from my lawyers!
You must understand these guys are doing a job which they have to weed out real marriages and fake marriages. And their job is difficult because they are the front line in who they let into Canada no I do not work for ircc or cic as an officer that's why they have to be tough

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
You must understand these guys are doing a job which they have to weed out real marriages and fake marriages. And their job is difficult because they are the front line in who they let into Canada no I do not work for ircc or cic as an officer that's why they have to be tough
And I can tell you so many refused cases where the spouse had changed last name and still got refused because there were red flags all over.

Just because I am keeping my name doesn't mean I love my husband any less. So yes once again screw patriarchy.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
And I can tell you so many refused cases where the spouse had changed last name and still got refused because there were red flags all over.

Just because I am keeping my name doesn't mean I love my husband any less. So yes once again screw patriarchy.
I still have my last name and hyphenated my husband last name, we did inland spousal sponsorship our journey started on december 15,2015 I got sa on March 10,2017 and my husband got AIP on April 21 2017 and his landing interview at CIC Etobicoke on April 28,2017 but,you see my husband is from a visa exempt country we had no red flags because my husband is 4 years older we had a good consultant who is a member of the irccc plus she used to be an ircc and cic officer me and her worked together and we were able to make our application so strong that it was hard for them to have doubts we even had nortatized letters from friends and family . You have to think postive and have faith

ahsenshah

Oct 26, 2014
Kitchener
Category........
Other
Hi All
Please add me to the spread sheet.
My file was received today at CPC Mississauga.

Good luck to all of you.
Added. Please provide the following info:

Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):

Reactions: MM345

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Sponsoring a member of family class living "outside"Canada.

Did you receive an additional document request to send any other forms? Any update in your case after re med request?
No additional documents request but this is what i have noticed in officer comments in gcms notes. I have posted that comments on Facebook if u could please check it I will be thankful to you.

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Added. Please provide the following info:

Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Rawalpindi
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Yes
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): No
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):No

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
No additional documents request but this is what i have noticed in officer comments in gcms notes. I have posted that comments on Facebook if u could please check it I will be thankful to you.
post your query here plz.

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Guys, even the third batch of the year have done their interviews! When are we going to cross over to the other side and get our PPR?!?!?
@wmate @barkatain
I have lost all hopes on timelines and daily updates. Just waiting for a miracle now. it seems a dream that someday I will be getting PPR

Reactions: Landing_PR