11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

tahir.ntn said:
Assalam-O-Alaikum Guys

I have pretty weird situation here, My wife submitted application in September 2014 and a couple of weeks ago she received a letter which says

"We have reviewed your application and regret to advice that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reasons.

You are in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than disability. As such you do not meet regulation 133(1)(k. Please refer to the immigration and refugee protection regulations for details. "

please anyone advice what we can do now ? i there any workaround ? And she actually did get social assistance for few months. How ae can undone this ?

Thanks
is she working now? How long she got assistance for? If she is working, you can show employer letter her pay etc. Last thing you could do is ask for a lawyer advice.

CAN ANYBODY ELSE HELP

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015

tahir.ntn said:
Assalam-O-Alaikum Guys

I have pretty weird situation here, My wife submitted application in September 2014 and a couple of weeks ago she received a letter which says

"We have reviewed your application and regret to advice that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following reasons.

You are in receipt of social assistance for a reason other than disability. As such you do not meet regulation 133(1)(k. Please refer to the immigration and refugee protection regulations for details. "

please anyone advice what we can do now ? i there any workaround ? And she actually did get social assistance for few months. How ae can undone this ?

Thanks
This is because she is either receiving welfare, or she just recently took herself off of welfare, and ontario works did not remove her name properly. Regardless, she would not be able to sponsor if she is receiving welfare.

If she is not receiving welfare, she needs to contact ontario works, and get a letter from them indicating this, and should also notify CIC immediately.

tahir.ntn

Oct 9, 2013

She received welfare few months ago and then she stopped receiving. So is this rule means that if somebody received social once and then he/she will become ineligible permanently ?

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015

tahir.ntn said:
@ Warzo: She is not working and she is dependent on her parents.
Well the letter they sent you clearly indicates that she is receiving or she has received social assistance recently.

The past doesn't matter. As long as she is not currently receiving or did not receive any welfare when he application was sent. You need to check with your wife.

If she did receive in the past, it could be that Ontario works did not properly remove her name from their system. Therefore, CIC found her on the list.

So go back and confirm the above, if she is not welfare, then make sure you notify CIC immediately with some sort of proof.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015

tahir.ntn said:
She received welfare few months ago and then she stopped receiving. So is this rule means that if somebody received social once and then he/she will become ineligible permanently ?
Did she stop receiving welfare before she submitted her application?

If yes, then you can contact Ontario Works, and get them to give you letter indicating the date she stopped receiving welfare. And also contact CIC immediately of your situation.

If she stopped receiving it after you submitted your application, then I understand she would be considered ineligible.

However, that doesn't mean she will not be able to re-apply. You can apply immediately providing proof of how she will support you financially if she is not working. This time also include proof that she is not receiving welfare. Again a letter from Ontario Works will suffice.

LonelyCan

Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
April 2015
File Transfer...
Sept 2014
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
July 2014 upfront then reme june 2015

m23khan said:
Ismail,
Asalam-o-Alaikum,

Now you have to wait until CIC either sends the the person being sponsored the decision by either email or regular Pakistan Post mail. If you are lucky (InShaAllah) the decision will arrive in next 2 weeks otherwise it might be more wait.

My Wife and I are still waiting for CIC's decision to arrive -- our status and messages are 100% same as yours and for us it was updated 20 days ago (April 23).

However, rest assured your application is successful because as per many member posts and feedback I received on this matter, if they have asked for re-medical, then it means they have cleared your application.
Hi,
What about if I see medical has been received but status hasn't changed and still show application received ?

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
5-MAY-2014
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
2-JULY-2014
Med's Request
REMED DONE ON 13th FEB 2015
Med's Done....
2-APRIL-2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

Guys. is polio certificate not needed anymore? Just a thought.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

tahir.ntn said:
Assalam-O-Alaikum Guys

Thanks
I read on some other thread once, that Ontario sometimes doesn't take the name of right away even if you stopped receiving social assistance and when CIC fetches data they see the sponsor in the list they immediately rejects the application. For her todo is prepare the following things:

1. Letter from her employer showing her salary or if not letter (official on a stamp paper) from her parents stating that she is dependent on her and they financially support her and will support her as long as the applicant comes to Canada and starts earning.

2. She should call CRA and tell them about this situation and ask CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) to send him a letter stating that she is not receiving social assistance anymore or remove the name from the list on immediate effect as it is effecting her revenue history .

3. And then appeal on CIC's decision with all the proofs.

I would also recommend to go to a good immigration lawyer (just do a 1 or 2 hour session with him) and present your case and ask for an advice. I hope (if he is not a ignorant one) he will also tell you what you can do for appealing.

m23khan

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015

sh52 said:
Guys. is polio certificate not needed anymore? Just a thought.
yes, for re-medical appointment, you need to bring the polio certificate with you -- the medical office staff will take a look at it and may return it back to you. Keep it for later use at the Airport when flying out of Pakistan.

Shafaq

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-2013
File Transfer...
May-2014

AsalamOalikum everyone!

Hope you all are good.. I just wanted to know recently anybody received letter or email for interview? And when it will conduct?
Thanks

haaqam

Apr 10, 2015

Please I need urgent help.I passed my medical exam for cnadian spousal examination in feburary this year.But after that i had to renew my passport so that the status on my passport had to be changed to "married".Is my medical still valid or would i have to undertake the medical exam again on my new passport.
My previous medical exam was on a valid passport.The only change in that passport is that its status is changed to married.
so im worried that i may have to undertake the medical exam again.plz help.I have not yet submitted my forms to the canadian embassy and im worried that passing the exam again will delay my process.

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi guys,
Can someone answer my question plz. So, my wife did upfront medical for spousal sponsorship from Pakistan and as they say if we don't call you in a week that means everything is fine. So no one called and we were happy that everything is fine Alhamdulilah. But after two weeks we received this mail from CIC stating that some additional tests are also required and that the panel physician has been notified about it.

Is there any thing to worry about? Why they are asking additional tests? Has anyone had any similar experience plz do share. thanks

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012

haaqam said:
Please I need urgent help.I passed my medical exam for cnadian spousal examination in feburary this year.But after that i had to renew my passport so that the status on my passport had to be changed to "married".Is my medical still valid or would i have to undertake the medical exam again on my new passport.
My previous medical exam was on a valid passport.The only change in that passport is that its status is changed to married.
so im worried that i may have to undertake the medical exam again.plz help.I have not yet submitted my forms to the canadian embassy and im worried that passing the exam again will delay my process.
In order to change your marital status just go to nadra location with your ID and update your marital status. you don't need to change your passport, because passport fetch information from Nadra. therefore, nothing to do with your passport

anam9094

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-03-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Decision made:september -17 -2015
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
Original Docs Returned:October-6-2015
Passport Req..
October-6-2015 :)
VISA ISSUED...
October-14-2015 :D
LANDED..........
November-5-2015 :D

Hi Guys,

Is anyone here who applied in 2015? Please share your timeline!

This is my timeline:

March 10 2015 Application Received
April 17 2015 Application In process
May 13 2015 Application sent to London

What happens next? How long does it take after it's send to London?