SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
When should I expect my MIL? August applicant
They used to ask for medical, right after biometrics or along with it. Now, i guess they have changed it for the better. As sometimes later in the process, they find out that the person is not ELIGIBILE (the applicant), so why ask for medicals early in the process. Hence, stay put - if you haven't received within 2.5 months timeline after application submission, and now its holiday time anyways - so most likely its going to be near your eligibility completion stage.

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
They used to ask for medical, right after biometrics or along with it. Now, i guess they have changed it for the better. As sometimes later in the process, they find out that the person is not ELIGIBILE (the applicant), so why ask for medicals early in the process. Hence, stay put - if you haven't received within 2.5 months timeline after application submission, and now its holiday time anyways - so most likely its going to be near your eligibility completion stage.
Thank you

Dec 15, 2023
Hii!
I applied for spousal sponsor visa from Pakistan and willing to live in Quebec.
I submitted my biometric on 20 November 2023. Its been almost a month. Now, how long it will take to receive medical mail? Or also to complete all process?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hii!
I applied for spousal sponsor visa from Pakistan and willing to live in Quebec.
I submitted my biometric on 20 November 2023. Its been almost a month. Now, how long it will take to receive medical mail? Or also to complete all process?
Open Google.
> search for "Canada Visa Processing Wait times"
go that website link and that CIC page will tell you exactly how long it will take to get PR in Quebec.

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
& @gmunnag

Are you guys (or your sponsors) ordering GCMS notes periodically?
I know it costs $5 each time, but it will help you to see where it is stuck.

In Background, they first create your database with RCMP. Apparently that takes them months? Then, they ask for clearance from FBI and "International Partners".
Contrary to what I thought earlier, that if a person has ZERO TRAVEL HISTORY + ZERO CRIMINAL RECORD, it should be straight forward and quick.

Unfortunately NO.
They send records of each individual to foreign agencies and get it checked. And those foreign agencies take time, months and months. But for some nationalities its pretty quick.

Secondly for TRV applicants with Spousal PR in process. I got more clarification yesterday. On your Spousal PR application, you must have received AOR, SA and also Eligibility status as COMPLETED, then only you are guaranteed a TRV. Even though i have seen on this forum ppl have got TRVs, who just applied for PR and did not even get AOR and SA letters. Honestly, CIC is either chaotic and haphazard to extreme extent --- OR perhaps racist --- OR capitalist and they make sure that individuals with NOC Codes that are high in demand - their applications are prioritized. I am as lost as some of you are.

Example: @w8ing4visa - dude/ess...id say you are really lucky in this regard. You applied in Jan and your eligibility started in in August??...But you applied for TRV in June and got it in July? Yani, before you got your Eligibility changed to Completed! Hence that's why I challenge the explanation i got from CIC. They will just say anything to put you back to sleep.
I applied for TRV after we got AOR, SA and I, the sponsor, was confirmed to be eligible for sponsorship (in my tracker it shows Completed for Eligibility. Not for my PA though, their eligibility hasn't started.

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
My MP got back and said that our TRV in progress has been marked as 'further review required'. I'm guessing this is because my spouse's study permit application was rejected in the past. Any proactive steps that can be taken from this point on?

HN95

Oct 15, 2023
Does anybody know, once you receive eCOPR or Pre-arrival, or Visa stamping request, what is the time frame granted for you to migrate ? or you can travel anytime you want, whether it may be a year later ?

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My MP got back and said that our TRV in progress has been marked as 'further review required'. I'm guessing this is because my spouse's study permit application was rejected in the past. Any proactive steps that can be taken from this point on?
not sure what you can do speed things up (if that's your question)
Make sure that you declare her refusal in the applications. (TRV and PR)

Reactions: agentorange_

mahmadbcs

Dec 14, 2023
Hey Guys when should I start requesting GCMS notes? Application was forwarded to London last month. Another question, how long does Background Check take overall?

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hey Guys when should I start requesting GCMS notes? Application was forwarded to London last month. Another question, how long does Background Check take overall?
You can request GCMS notes anytime but I would suggest as long as your application is with in standard processing time don't request one, background check depends upon several factors so how long would it take to complete is something hard to guess!