PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
i am family sponsorship outland. I came canada on visitor visa while my pr application was in process. i applied my open work permit which was refused today. i am in queued for virtual landing. i already submitted my picture and address. i am waiting for ecopr. i am in canada on visitor visa and my stay in canada will expire on 28-12-2023.

My refusal is

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be issued an open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and have submitted an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class in Canada.

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an SCLPC open Work Permit because your application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class was submitted overseas. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp .

[X] Your status in Canada is valid until 2023/12/28.

please guide me what should i do.

Luv4all88

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
Hello I am wondering if you guys can give me your opinion. Im a Pakistan Canadian dual citizen and married my wife in Pakistan back in Feb 2022 in a very simple marriage ceremony and we have a 10 month daughter together. I have all other proofs except my marriage ceremony has very limited photos as we rushed it due to my medical reasons and also because I didn't realize the importance of having proper marriage with all the functions and capturing them on camera . Since then I have been gathering many proofs(marriage documents, financial, visiting my wife, living together, post marriage outings, whatsapp, raising of our child) but I am not sure what to do about marriage photos.

I have pics of us sitting with few relatives and nikah video but nothing of rukhsati as her house is right next door and we casually walked over to my house. But our rukhsati did happen as we have a 10 month daughter. Do I need to explain this in my application or just ignore this part since its obvious my wifes rukhsati had to happen to have child together?
We have many post marriage outings and pics together with our daughter, but they are mostly just selfies, so as I am currently in Pakistan, do you recommend I host a dinner with friends, relatives and include pictures with them to show their support or further if I should go on a couple days trip together with wife to show there is no restraint on our relationship? Please advice?

Just for information, I recently applied for my daughter's Canadian citizenship certificate and hoping to soon apply to sponsor my wife.

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
i am family sponsorship outland. I came canada on visitor visa while my pr application was in process. i applied my open work permit which was refused today. i am in queued for virtual landing. i already submitted my picture and address. i am waiting for ecopr. i am in canada on visitor visa and my stay in canada will expire on 28-12-2023.

My refusal is

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be issued an open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and have submitted an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class in Canada.

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an SCLPC open Work Permit because your application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class was submitted overseas. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp .

Wow...my first reaction...either im making some grave mistake in understanding the whole situation or .....the incompetence of IRCC is just giving me a severe headache. Not sure its deliberate or by default. Wait - whats your address in your WP application? is it the same as your sponsor's address?

First thing - you need to focus on your LANDING AND COPR DOCUMENT NUMBER. Have you got those? If not - send a webform, call, call again, and .....call one more time.....harass them!

You need to secure your landing date - much much ...and much earlier than any date in december!!! Is there any way to expedite it? Perhaps do it at Calgary (Carway) border, instead of Vancouver....etc

The moment you are done with landing, Work permit .....and this letter is trash!

So once you have all the answers related to your landing and hopefully an appointment date at border much earlier than 28th Dec, now focus on this letter. Have they given you a link or chance to respond back - or is the case closed?

if its open - then send them screen shots of Family Reunification program and all CIC webpages - where they have mentioned that you can apply for Work Permit once you are in Canada. Just write a very short cover letter, saying ---
Dear IRCC officer,
There seems to be some misunderstanding, oversight in my case, or some drastic policy change, because this refusal is ILLEGAL and is completely against the policy publicly announced by CIC. I have provided the screen shots of your website where it says that one can apply for work permit once they are in Canada - as long as their Spousal PR application is in process. This is exactly what I have done and your letter is either a mistake done by an IRCC officer, or some kind of oversight.

Please review my case, based on the publicly declared policy of Family Reunification program announced May 24th (or 26th) 2023.

Thats it...send it...to IRCC....your local MP...

Meanwhile - hopefully your landing would have been completed by November 15th!

All the best.

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
thank you for reply. My address is same as sponsor address. I called to ircc and they said that only inland applicant are eligible for Open work permit. I am waiting for ECOPR. I am thinking to apply visitor record before my status expired. can i apply visitor record because i am waiting for ecopr

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
thank you for reply. My address is same as sponsor address. I called to ircc and they said that only inland applicant are eligible for Open work permit. I am waiting for ECOPR. I am thinking to apply visitor record before my status expired. can i apply visitor record because i am waiting for ecopr
You know that you can apply for visit visa extension. Even if they give 60 days, I guess that will do the job. And Im not sure why landing is taking that much time. Isn't it virtual landing in your case?or you have to physically go to the border?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

My refusal is

When did you come to Canada on the TRV and when did you apply for the OWP?

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
You know that you can apply for visit visa extension. Even if they give 60 days, I guess that will do the job. And Im not sure why landing is taking that much time. Isn't it virtual landing in your case?or you have to physically go to the border?
i am waiting for ecopr. My portal 2 was september 8.

Fred King

Mar 15, 2023

My refusal is

Dear , as per online statistic you will receive your residency documnets before 28december.

Regarding owp Please I am in the same situation but I havent recceived the decision fromIRCC I need more inputs from your application of Sowp. :

When did you apply ?

Is there any other think to put instate of SCLPC when you fill the application as spouse ponsor outside canada?

What can anyone advise about this situation ?

because when I filled my application I also put SCLPC -FC OWP. is there any other indication.

Since I read your post I am down.

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
I am on visitor visa, visiting my husband and my status will expire next month but i am outland applicant. my file was transferred to montreal from overseas and queued for virtual landing because i email LVO after that i am inside canada now. I am going back because i am unable to extend my stay. will it effect my ecopr? I really don't know but I will not suggest everyone to do virtual landing and wait for COPR.
I applied work permit after entering canada and found that ourtand applicant can not apply for work permit. Work permit is only for inland applicant. so my work permit application was refused.

Now it's matter of time but anyway i booked my ticket two days before my status expire.
PLZ pray for me

Dear , as per online statistic you will receive your residency documnets before 28december.

Regarding owp Please I am in the same situation but I havent recceived the decision fromIRCC I need more inputs from your application of Sowp. :

When did you apply ?

Is there any other think to put instate of SCLPC when you fill the application as spouse ponsor outside canada?

What can anyone advise about this situation ?

because when I filled my application I also put SCLPC -FC OWP. is there any other indication.

Since I read your post I am down.

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
I am on visitor visa, visiting my husband and my status will expire next month but i am outland applicant. my file was transferred to montreal from overseas and queued for virtual landing because i email LVO after that i am inside canada now. I am going back because i am unable to extend my stay. will it effect my ecopr? I really don't know but I will not suggest everyone to do virtual landing and wait for COPR.
I applied work permit after entering canada and found that ourtand applicant can not apply for work permit. Work permit is only for inland applicant. so my work permit application was refused.

Now it's matter of time but anyway i booked my ticket two days before my status expire.
PLZ pray for me

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
Hi guys I received my PPR today however I am already in Canada on a visitor visa, so I will need a virtual landing. Since my visa office is London, is that where i submit my webform for address change? Does anyone have their phone number? how long does this process typically take? thanks.

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
don't do virtual landing. go out and come back. virtual landing is very slow these days. i am also stuck in virtual landing

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
don't do virtual landing. go out and come back. virtual landing is very slow these days. i am also stuck in virtual landing
how long had you been waiting for virtual landing? You couldve extended the visitor stay

UPDATE: my address got updated on the tracker to my Canadian one but still no email for virtual landing

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
how long had you been waiting for virtual landing? You couldve extended the visitor stay

UPDATE: my address got updated on the tracker to my Canadian one but still no email for virtual landing
Can you give some estimate of how many days it took from the time you informed them of change of address, to this change actually changing in your profile?