+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Outland offcourse. because its VFS Lahore where its hard to get an appointment.
Okay so if it's outland he should know his VO, did he have an interview ? The high commission is in Pakistan right? Sorry asking these questions, I am trying to get as much as information in order to help your friend.

Last edited:

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Okay so if it's outland he should know his VO, did he have an interview ? The high commission is in Pakistan right? Sorry asking these questions, I am trying to as much as information in order to help your friend.
No worries, Thank you for trying to help. He doesnt know his VO. I remember in 2013 when I applied for myu STudy permit VO used to be in Abu Dhabi. He already contacted the Consulate office and they said he needs to talk to VFS because they are looking after appointments.

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
No worries, Thank you for trying to help. He doesnt know his VO. I remember in 2013 when I applied for myu STudy permit VO used to be in Abu Dhabi. He already contacted the Consulate office and they said he needs to talk to VFS because they are looking after appointments.
Oh ok.. it's to bad that he doesn't know his VO... you know what if there's no other option I would try to go to vfs again.. I know you said it's hard to in, but you never know a miracle can happen.. I hope your friend can fix this problem..
Keeps us updated

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Oh ok.. it's to bad that he doesn't know his VO... you know what if there's no other option I would try to go to vfs again.. I know you said it's hard to in, but you never know a miracle can happen.. I hope your friend can fix this problem..
Keeps us updated
Yes I will keep the group updated. And the reason I posted in the group so if anyone is in same boat can learn from one another, Not for people to judge.

Sep 11, 2023
Hi All,

I need some advice, i have read through all the recent posts here and i don't think any other situation is similar to mine, I have been in the immigration visa process for over 13 months now:

Spouse Paper Application Timeline:
Application Type: Outland
Initial Submission: 27/07/2022
AOR: 22/09/2022
Biometric Request: 21/09/2022
Biometric Submitted: 30/09/2023
Medical Request Received: 03/01/2023
Medical Passed: 11/01/2023
Background Verification Changed to "In progress" 23/04/2023
Eligibility: Completed - 23/04/2023
Contacted local MP for status - 24/07/2023

While all this process was going on i applied for visit visa 2 times:

1st visit visa: 15/10/2023 2022 (Mentioned Dual intent)
1st visit visa refusal: 02/02/2023

2nd visit visa: 11/06/2023 (Mentioned dual intent and the family reunification from parliament)
2nd visit visa refusal: 24/07/2023

I have asked for GCMS notes for all three application on 07/09/2023
I also sent multiple web forms and only received generic replies, I doubt they even read the web forms.
I also called IRCC and just got referred back to the web form.

I do not know what to do now, Its already over the processing times that IRCC gives online.
So I need advice on how to contact IRCC to ask how long my Immigration application will take?
Should i apply for visit visa again?
Any other steps i can take to bring attention to my application?

Thank you!
Hi All,

Just wanted to update, I recieved my tracker updated with COPR on the 22nd of September.

Thanks for the advice and good luck on your applications as well.

Sep 24, 2023
Looking for some advice as my case is quite unusual:

So I plan to marry my cousin back in Pakistan within the next 2-3 years. However, currently for reasons I'd rather not disclose right now, my other cousins (from a different aunt) are giving me death threats. So this has me a tad worried to go back to Pakistan anytime soon.

I really want to marry her and like her, and I am willing to risk going to Pakistan to be with her, just worried about doing a big nikkah and wedding and everything. If we do that, then they might find out where we are and do something to us.

Do you think it would be sufficient to just do a small nikkah/ruskshti (maybe 30 guests) in pakistan without making it lavish which is normal for pakistani weddings? And then explain the reasoning why? Just worried it would be flagged and rejected

Cheese Curd

Sep 24, 2023

So I plan to marry my cousin back in Pakistan within the next 2-3 years. However, currently for reasons I'd rather not disclose right now, my other cousins (from a different aunt) are giving me death threats. So this has me a tad worried to go back to Pakistan anytime soon.

I really want to marry her and like her, and I am willing to risk going to Pakistan to be with her, just worried about doing a big nikkah and wedding and everything. If we do that, then they might find out where we are and do something to us.

Do you think it would be sufficient to just do a small nikkah/ruskshti (maybe 30 guests) in pakistan without making it lavish which is normal for pakistani weddings? And then explain the reasoning why? Just worried it would be flagged and rejected
You should be fine. As long as you get pictures, everything is properly registered and you have proof of the threats to aid in the explanation letter. That is, if you want to give one.
Nowhere does it say you have to have a Big Fat Pakistani wedding to qualify for Spousal Sponsorship. Good luck and safe travels.

mnova

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023

I am not from Pakistan, but I had about 25 people on my wedding... and I just got ppr last month.. so don't worry, that will not stop you from sponsoring or being sponsored...

Sep 24, 2023
Thanks for the replies everyone

Was thinking and realized, instead of taking the risk and going to Pakistan for the wedding, does anyone here have any experience with sponsering when a wedding took place in a third country?

In my case, I'm in canada, she's in pakistan. Instead, we go to Turkiye to get our marriage done, and then we each return back to our respective countries for sponsership. Just confused because the spousal requirements only mention a nikkah namah from Pakistan, nothing about getting married outside Pakistan

As I mentioned already, I have received death threats from my cousins in Pakistan, so I want to minimize that risk

Last edited:

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Thanks for the replies everyone

Was thinking and realized, instead of taking the risk and going to Pakistan for the wedding, does anyone here have any experience with sponsering when a wedding took place in a third country?

In my case, I'm in canada, she's in pakistan. Instead, we go to Turkiye to get our marriage done, and then we each return back to our respective countries for sponsership. Just confused because the spousal requirements only mention a nikkah namah from Pakistan, nothing about getting married outside Pakistan

As I mentioned already, I have received death threats from my cousins in Pakistan, so I want to minimize that risk
If you are a refugee, do NOT risk returning for marriage. Canada recognizes all marriages that are legally solemnized in the country in which they occurred. For example, if you marry in Turkey, it has be to a civic marriage according to turkish authorities. You can do nikkah before or after that but Canada requires documents from Turkey.

Yes IRCC will ask you and question you about the marriage since the marriage was not common and has special circumstances. But you can legally explain yourself and show the relationship was genuine. But like I said before, do not risk your status as refugee by travelling back home. Since you risk persecution there.