+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

engr.saks

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

ipoo said:
District Health Office
Hello, Ipoo. Does one need to present polio certificate at the airport before boarding the plane? Or is it necessary only at the medical test stage?

Thanks.

asadahmed

Jan 6, 2016

Does anyone knows whats the average duration of Canada immigration visa ( How long my spouse can wait before she enters Canada) . I read somewhere thats its one year duration from the date medical was done, but in the current process they ask for medical upfront. So reading some of posts on this forum it seems like spousal sponsorship applications are being processed between 8-11 months. So lets say if my spouse got her application processed in 10 months, would she only have 2 months immigration visa duration where she has to make entry in Canada?

Can someone enlighten me on this.

savera85

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad>London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-8-2013
Doc's Request.
Never got any
AOR Received.
13-9-2013
File Transfer...
23-1-2014
Med's Request
25-9-2015
Med's Done....
1-7-2013 > 6-10-2015
Interview........
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet

moonoo said:
Hi,

I pray and wish the best to everyone waiting in line for their passports or any updates.

I just want to confirm the wait time after the interview. Hoping people could share there personal experience if they had the interview.

I am in Toronto and have sponsored my wife who is in Karachi.

We had our interview on November 19 , 2015.

After the interview the officer mentioned that she is satisfied with our
case and returned all the documents ( pictures , chat logs etc ) . She was visiting from U.K. She said she will return back in two weeks and process the remaining application.

There has been no update since

Reading several other posts , I am assuming the background clearance is being conducted and due to the holiday season , things might have got delayed.

Any idea how long will it take till I get the passport request for her ??
I had my interview on 23 nov n didnt hear anything after that :(

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon

engr.saks said:
Hello, Ipoo. Does one need to present polio certificate at the airport before boarding the plane? Or is it necessary only at the medical test stage?

Thanks.
You have to have it while boarding at the plane. They do ask for one. I had it in hand, they checked and return it back.

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016

ipoo said:
You have to have it while boarding at the plane. They do ask for one. I had it in hand, they checked and return it back.
Is it necessary for everyone on board to have polio certificate or just immigrants landing for the first time. As I will be accompanied by my husband and children who all are canadian passport holders.

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016

ahs said:
Is it necessary for everyone on board to have polio certificate or just immigrants landing for the first time. As I will be accompanied by my husband and children who all are canadian passport holders.
I went from Canada to Pakistan for three weeks and I had to get polio drops taken and recorded too. So, yes. Everyone must take them.

paknew

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated forms Request.: 2-May-2015 -- Submitted on 12-May-2015 -- Passport copy and recent pictures submission requested on 25-Nov-2016 -- Submitted 30-Nov-2016
Nomination.....
N/R
AOR Received.
26-04-2014
IELTS Request
N/R
File Transfer...
26-04-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015 (I didn’t do upfront medical) Status changed to "In-Process" on 11-2-2015 -- RE-MED REQ. 10-May-2016
Med's Done....
25-2-2015 -- RE-MED DONE: 12-May-2016
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulillah)
Passport Req..
20-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdulillah received passport with visa and COPR on 7-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
InshahAllah in March-2017

CanadaSMS said:
Paknew, I feel sorry for your delays, Please go to your MP and ask them to check with LVO on your behalf as its almost 45 days and no response from them. Inshaallah you will hear good news soon.
Salam CanadaSMS,

Thanks for your feedback. My wife went to MP yesterday and explain them but MP advised to wait. My wife requested them to do an email on our behalf to LVO but they advised that if LVO doesn't reply within this month then they will send them an email on our behalf to inquire current status of our file.

Really hurting time for us. Pls pray for us as we really need some good news. Tnx

Tahira123

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015

ahs said:
In 2014 , they made it compulsory for any person travelling from abroad to Pakistan and whose stay in Pakistan was 1 month or more has to take polio vaccination and certificate.U should confirm it from airport immigration the rules and regulation.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon

ahs said:
whoever visits Pakistan, they all have to show their polio certificate. I am a Canadian Citizen, even I was asked for Polio certificate.

engr.saks

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014

ipoo said:
Thanks a lot, Ipoo. :)

moonoo

Jan 6, 2015

savera85 said:
I had my interview on 23 nov n didnt hear anything after that :(
Thanks for the update savera85.

Did the immigration officer mentioned anything about the next steps once the interview was done ?

I am thinking to contact the local MP next week.

savera85

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad>London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-8-2013
Doc's Request.
Never got any
AOR Received.
13-9-2013
File Transfer...
23-1-2014
Med's Request
25-9-2015
Med's Done....
1-7-2013 > 6-10-2015
Interview........
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet

moonoo said:
Thanks for the update savera85.

Did the immigration officer mentioned anything about the next steps once the interview was done ?

I am thinking to contact the local MP next week.
I asked that hw much time is more needed but she said i cnt tell u anything about that my job is to take interview n m happy with ur intrview but diffrent people r doing their work people in london doing their work n in canada r doing their work so i cnt tell u anything. She was frndly.. M still waiting for my status to get change its in process

Tahira123

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015

ipoo said:
whoever visits Pakistan, they all have to show their polio certificate. I am a Canadian Citizen, even I was asked for Polio certificate.
Polio vaccination has nothing to be done with PR holder or Citizenship , its for all people visiting Pakistan for safety against Polio. Polio virus will not run away if someone is a Canadian citizen :)
Basic thing is duration of stay in Pakistan. In 2014 my one friend visited PAkistan from USA with her family and my sister in law visited from Denmark , but as their stay was 3 weeks in Pakistan ( less than 1 month ), they were exempted from Polio vaccination.
But if this duration concept have changed by immigration dept of airport then I dont know , as it was applicable on people visiting and staying 1 month or more in Pakistan in 2014, which I confirmed from airport as well. Thants why it should be confirmed first.

zaino

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2015
AOR Received.
September 18, 2015
File Transfer...
October 16, 2015

Shah006 said:
Dear members,

I have applied for CSQ on 3rd December. ..anyone around who did the same and got any reply anything? ???
Applied gor CSQ on the same date as yours,
Havent received anything yet

moonoo

Jan 6, 2015

savera85 said:
I asked that hw much time is more needed but she said i cnt tell u anything about that my job is to take interview n m happy with ur intrview but diffrent people r doing their work people in london doing their work n in canada r doing their work so i cnt tell u anything. She was frndly.. M still waiting for my status to get change its in process
BTW i attended the interview with my wife . Once the interview was done, I asked her about the next steps.

She said our systems are currently down ( :eek:) and I wont be able to issue the visa as we are not in link with the UK consulate. She said I will return to UK in two weeks and process the remaining application. She said since the medical was recently done the process will be relatively faster.Also that she is satisfied with our case and returned the stuff they had.

Allah knows the best ofcourse.

Please keep us posted with any updates. I will do the same.

Thanks