+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

fs2015

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

ahs said:
We didn't send anything original for citizenship certificate either. It takes somewhere between 12-14 months as far as we have heard. We did send my husband's original citizenship card for temporary validity passport. It took them over 3 months to make the passport which is to be made with in 3 weeks as per their time line. I suggest u keep the time lag in mind before applying for passports as that might cause delays. Also the passport validity in our case was 2 years instead of one year.
Many thanks ahs. I am much satisfied now after your reply with my son's citizenship certificate application. Very fortunate to read that you have personal experience of making your baby's citizenship certificate and limited validity passport. Did you apply for LVP after your spouse got the immigrant visa or you applied before? Please share.

My scenario is, I have applied for my wife's PR in early September 2015 and hopeful to get it within 1-3 months as per time line of forum members. I have a 13 months old son for whom I will apply for LVP. My wife went to Consulate of Canada in Karachi and got the requirements of LVP. I am now thinking to apply for LVP for my son, but undecided whether I should wait until my wife gets her immigrant visa or I should apply before? Please guide.

Any forum member with similar experience please share your thoughts. Many thanks.

fs2015

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015

ipoo said:
You have to send original Citizenship Certificate/Card with the child's proof of citizenship certificate, and Child's limited validity Passport. Once you apply for proof of Canadian Citizenship Certificate, you become eligible to apply for Limited Validity Passport, you can send both applications in one package to Canadian High Commission Islamabad. It takes 5-9 months to get the Proof of Canadian Citizenship Certificate, but you can get the Child's Limited Validity Passport in 4-6 weeks.
Thanks for your reply.

fs2015

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015

canucks2014 said:
I know you are trying to help but this is not entirely correct.
YES, you can submit both applications (for Citizenship and LVP) in one package to CHC-Islamabad but there is one condition.
You have to show proof of immediate travel for the child in order to request LVP and that also includes receipt of a purchased confirmed air ticket.
The spouse either has to have a valid visitor visa or an issued PR visa in order to travel to Canada.

I went through the same process last year and this is what the Lahore section told me. It took about 8-9 months to receive Citizenship Certificate and about 4-5 weeks to get LVP.
Thanks a lot canucks2014. It is really helpful. How much was the processing time for the LVP? What was the validity period of LVP? Did you apply for LVP after your spouse got COPR? Please share.

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

fs2015 said:
Thanks a lot canucks2014. It is really helpful. How much was the processing time for the LVP? What was the validity period of LVP? Did you apply for LVP after your spouse got COPR? Please share.
Validity period is 2 years. Processing time about 1 month. As soon as you have booked plane ticket for child, then you should immediately apply for LVP and provide proof that you have applied for Canadian Citizenship certificate. For a dual national, you will need Canadian passport and (NICOP or Pakistani passport) to leave Pakistan. They will give an exit stamp on the Canadian passport. I chose getting the Pakistani passport, its much cheaper.

abelgriffen

Jul 29, 2015

Bubbles87 said:
This is a new record by LVO... Congrats!! :)
Thank you Very Much... May God help each and every one of us to secure the Visa and safely land in Canada to be reunited with the our loved ones.

abelgriffen

Jul 29, 2015

paknew said:
Hi friend,

You have only posted a single post but with best results ;D

All the best in future.
thank you friend. I had been following the forum regularly. May God help each and everyone of us to be reunited with the loved one.

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

Has anybody been in a situation where they have not received their original documents back after getting PPR?
If so, were you able to retrieve the documents back? What was done?
If not, still interested to hear from you. I had a decision made on 28-Sep and still waiting for original documents.
My wife is really nervous. I have made several case enquiries with London Visa office. I will contact CPC Mississauga and visit my local MP.
CIC has been really unreliable in handling people's documents. I am wishing that I had sent attested and certified true copies of originals.

fs2015

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015

Mercy24 said:
Validity period is 2 years. Processing time about 1 month. As soon as you have booked plane ticket for child, then you should immediately apply for LVP and provide proof that you have applied for Canadian Citizenship certificate. For a dual national, you will need Canadian passport and (NICOP or Pakistani passport) to leave Pakistan. They will give an exit stamp on the Canadian passport. I chose getting the Pakistani passport, its much cheaper.
Thanks Mercy24. Are you suggesting to apply for my baby's LVP before my wife gets her immigrant Visa? If I book a plane ticket for my baby, who will travel with him, I am being in Canada and my wife waiting for her immigrant visa? Please clarify. Congratulation on being reunited with your family.

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

fs2015 said:
Thanks Mercy24. Are you suggesting to apply for my baby's LVP before my wife gets her immigrant Visa? If I book a plane ticket for my baby, who will travel with him, I am being in Canada and my wife waiting for her immigrant visa? Please clarify. Congratulation on being reunited with your family.
Of course, you can predict when you get the DM or you can wait until you get a PPR.
For myself I made a conservative guess, I booked a ticket for my wife and baby for a flight 2 months after my DM date.

paknew

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated forms Request.: 2-May-2015 -- Submitted on 12-May-2015 -- Passport copy and recent pictures submission requested on 25-Nov-2016 -- Submitted 30-Nov-2016
Nomination.....
N/R
AOR Received.
26-04-2014
IELTS Request
N/R
File Transfer...
26-04-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015 (I didn’t do upfront medical) Status changed to "In-Process" on 11-2-2015 -- RE-MED REQ. 10-May-2016
Med's Done....
25-2-2015 -- RE-MED DONE: 12-May-2016
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulillah)
Passport Req..
20-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdulillah received passport with visa and COPR on 7-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
InshahAllah in March-2017

sulemanmirza said:
I think its a good time for you to order notes now. And see why you are stuck with interview people. When did you last ordered notes.? Do you believe that you have passed eligibility checks already ?
Hi sulemanmirza & Other forum members,

Need feedback on below.

I have ordered notes in October-2015 and got replied in early November-2015.

See below feedback.

Application Status - Open
Application status - In-Process
Criminality - Pass
Org Crime - Blank
HIRV - Blank
Security - Blank
Medical - Pass
Eligibility - Pass
Security screening - Blank
Biographic - Ready to be Assessed
NOTE - Visa officer is fully satisfied and he written that marriage is genuine and couple seems comfortable. Strong evidence of ongoing relationship. He is fully satisfied.

After that LVO send me an email around 25-Nov-2015 and asked me to submit valid passport bio page color copy and recent photographs within 45 days which were submitted to them within couple of days thru courier and now its been more than a month but no reply from LVO. Should I send them follow up email or case specific inquiry?

What would you suggest how should I proceed?

I'll appreciate suggestions. Tnx

katespade

Sep 9, 2015

Hi,

Can someone please update the timeline?

Medical/Police Certificate/Proof of contact Request: 12/21/2015
Medical will be completed on Jan. 6, 2016
Police cert./proof of contact documentation sent on 12/29/2015

Hope they review ASAP and I get a DM =(

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016

Updated. Inshallah, right after Re-Medical you will see your DM :)

katespade said:
Hi,

Can someone please update the timeline?

Medical/Police Certificate/Proof of contact Request: 12/21/2015
Medical will be completed on Jan. 6, 2016
Police cert./proof of contact documentation sent on 12/29/2015

Hope they review ASAP and I get a DM =(

savera85

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad>London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-8-2013
Doc's Request.
Never got any
AOR Received.
13-9-2013
File Transfer...
23-1-2014
Med's Request
25-9-2015
Med's Done....
1-7-2013 > 6-10-2015
Interview........
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet

who is waiting dr decision made n ppr except me??? I think all those who had interview in november got the status change n ppr n only i am left??? :(

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015

Salam paknew. I think u should send them case specific enquiry.In our case whenever we send them enquiry, they always respond.

paknew said:
Hi sulemanmirza & Other forum members,

Need feedback on below.

I have ordered notes in October-2015 and got replied in early November-2015.

See below feedback.

Application Status - Open
Application status - In-Process
Criminality - Pass
Org Crime - Blank
HIRV - Blank
Security - Blank
Medical - Pass
Eligibility - Pass
Security screening - Blank
Biographic - Ready to be Assessed
NOTE - Visa officer is fully satisfied and he written that marriage is genuine and couple seems comfortable. Strong evidence of ongoing relationship. He is fully satisfied.

After that LVO send me an email around 25-Nov-2015 and asked me to submit valid passport bio page color copy and recent photographs within 45 days which were submitted to them within couple of days thru courier and now its been more than a month but no reply from LVO. Should I send them follow up email or case specific inquiry?

What would you suggest how should I proceed?

I'll appreciate suggestions. Tnx

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

beti said:
Can anyone still apply on its own for immigration without going through express entry???
Check the CIC website for the related immigration programs.
Try checking provincial websites of Canadian provinces and try provincial nomination program if you find express entry to be difficult.
Many provinces have different selection criteria.

Again, check the respective provinces websites, and CIC website for details.