July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

canciti said:
Salam,
Does anyone know of a successful sponsorship story where the wife's age is 16. I'm asking because my nephew wants to sponsor his wife but his wife is only 16 years old and thus according to Pakistani law she cannot has her CNIC before she turns 18. Please reply

Thanks in advance

Age 16 is considered a minor. She will have to wait until age 18 to be sponsored. In Canada, a 16 year old is still a child (teenager) and not considered an adult.

Even Pakistan won't issue her the CNIC before 18.

Why are 16-yr olds being married in Pakistan in this day and age?

a 16yr old is still a kid! Who are you people that can't wait for a kid to grow up ??

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015

canciti said:
Salam,
Does anyone know of a successful sponsorship story where the wife's age is 16. I'm asking because my nephew wants to sponsor his wife but his wife is only 16 years old and thus according to Pakistani law she cannot has her CNIC before she turns 18. Please reply

Thanks in advance
u cant sponsor minor in spouse family class ,,,,coz till age of 18 she will consider as minor

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014

canvis2006 said:
Age 16 is considered a minor. She will have to wait until age 18 to be sponsored. In Canada, a 16 year old is still a child (teenager) and not considered an adult.

Even Pakistan won't issue her the CNIC before 18.

Why are 16-yr olds being married in Pakistan in this day and age?

a 16yr old is still a kid! Who are you people that can't wait for a kid to grow up ??
That's incorrect. You can sponsor a spouse who is 16 years old to Canada. It states that in the information guide. I have copied the text and provided the link to it below.

Also in Pakistan the girl has to be a minimum of 16 years old and the boy a minimum of 18 years old to be married which they are. To answer your second question you don't need her CNIC card to register marriage, you can register it with her B-Form which I am assuming they have used if she is already married and lastly if you don't have a CNIC card when submitting your application file you can submit the original B-Form to immigration Canada. So therefore you can legally sponsor her to Canada.

Note: The minimum age accepted for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner is 16 years old.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015

rays17026 said:
That's incorrect. You can sponsor a spouse who is 16 years old to Canada. It states that in the information guide. I have copied the text and provided the link to it below.

Also in Pakistan the girl has to be a minimum of 16 years old and the boy a minimum of 18 years old to be married which they are. To answer your second question you don't need her CNIC card to register marriage, you can register it with her B-Form which I am assuming they have used if she is already married and lastly if you don't have a CNIC card when submitting your application file you can submit the original B-Form to immigration Canada. So therefore you can legally sponsor her to Canada.

Note: The minimum age accepted for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner is 16 years old.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp
That is what I knew, but after reading above 2 comments I was thinking to read again to confirm my info regarding that. Also the cultural norm is a strong point as well.

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Don't know on what grounds the above two members are saying that 16 year old can't be sponsored. Both Canadian and Pakistani law allow marriages at 16 then whats the problem?
They have urdu and English nikkah nama with union council seal and marriage certificate. Plus have passport. The only thing is the girl's surname would not be her husband first name and can't have CNIC.

canciti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

MRS SAM said:
u cant sponsor minor in spouse family class ,,,,coz till age of 18 she will consider as minor
How is she a minor? Read the instruction guide it says u can sponsor a 16 year girl as rightly indicated by another member here

blujewel

Jan 4, 2015

rays17026 said:

True

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
5-MAY-2014
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
2-JULY-2014
Med's Request
REMED DONE ON 13th FEB 2015
Med's Done....
2-APRIL-2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

Any updates???

When will they start opening 2014 files :'(

RYK

Dec 17, 2014

hello everyone of forum
RYK new member here

Dost_Dost

Star Member
May 23, 2014

Salam,
decision made. any1 having same situation these days? do they really can take six months for ppr? i am worried to know what is the decision?

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
5-MAY-2014
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
2-JULY-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
2-APRIL-2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

whats your timeline? dost_dost

zareen.k

Dec 29, 2014

TooCareless1 said:
Dear friends and members,

In order to clarify the queries and questions of all applicants who have sponsored their Pakistani Spouses living in Pakistan.
This is thread is to clarify the misconceptions about spousal sponsorships of Pakistani applicants.
Here are few important questions.

Top Questions

1) Which is my visa office Islamabad or London?
Ans: London is now Visa office for all family and Spousal sponsorships for Pakistan since August 2013.

2) I am a 2012 applicant my visa office was Islamabad, where is my file now.
Ans: Again, all old cases have been transferred to London Visa Office. So your file is now at London. So dont worry about file. send queries to LVO not Islamabad.

3) I did not received any communication after CPC Mississauga approval where is my file?
Ans: London Visa Office

Islamabad is only responsible for visit and student visa.

This information is wrong. My application was sent to Islamabad in July 2013. When I got to know that files are being transferred to London, Uk then I was all happy and thought my file will be done asap. Since all the files are supposed to be at London for family sponsorship so I assumed mine is at London too. Though I did not get any notification or letter from CIC of file transfer. I was waiting and waiting till now (1.5 years) and I was sure that its already past the london processing times so I contacted MP to check the status of application on my behalf. Now I have found out that my file is still at Islamabad, Pakistan which is such a disappointment now. I have no idea why it is still there or how long it will take for the process. So mad at CIC and Islamabad's immigration system.

So don't be fooled that your application is at london too unless you have received a transfer letter. Make inquires. Don't just wait and waste time.

t123

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

helloo guyz

ecase status

(Permanent Residence) #Application Recived
We received application for permanent residence on September 29 2014

(Application Sponsorship) #Decision made
We sent you a letter on November 6 2014, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

after this still no update no letter..
plz someone explain whole process how much time it takes to complete or done whole process
what will my next ecase update ???
im upfront medical applicant so when i got re-medical and other Documents request???
does anyone with same timeline????
what is ppr1 & ppr2???
Thanks everyone for favour and help Allah SWT Bless u all Ameen

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

t123 said:
helloo guyz

ecase status

(Permanent Residence) #Application Recived
We received application for permanent residence on September 29 2014

(Application Sponsorship) #Decision made
We sent you a letter on November 6 2014, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

after this still no update no letter..
plz someone explain whole process how much time it takes to complete or done whole process
what will my next ecase update ???
im upfront medical applicant so when i got re-medical and other Documents request???
does anyone with same timeline????
what is ppr1 & ppr2???
Thanks everyone for favour and help Allah SWT Bless u all Ameen
applied sep 2014???? & decision made in 2 months??? ::)

sh52

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-APRIL-2014
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
5-MAY-2014
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
2-JULY-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
2-APRIL-2014
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet

What!? 2 months??

You're lucky if its a positive decision!