+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hey everyone ... apologies was not on this forum for some time .. reason of course being that now the mrs n kids are finally in canada .. but I Want to help as much as possible to everyone who is in need even a small piece or advice can go a long way ... got the mrs sin made along with bank accounts n tomorrow going for health card. In fact it's best that if a person doesn't have license to get photo ID so that u can get health card faster as without tht u need a bank statement tht won't come till a months time. All needed now is to transfer the kids immunization to the yellow cards n register the kids for school ..

Best of luck to everyone .
Hey why in the spousal application Background check shows not Applicable? Please guide

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
which city is the applicant based?...sorry useless question. Regardless of the city. Contact your nearest Immigration Medical Exam center.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/PanelPhysicianMedecinDesigne/en/Home

Provide the UCI no. of the applicant and other application details (name, dob etc) and get the nearest possible appointment. The applicant will need it for TRV anyways. So its not wasteful. And UPFRONT MEDICALS are ALLOWED IN TRVs.

And if - there is no difference in both medical exams, then you will have taken care of the medical drama with one shot.

All the best!
City is Lahore, but we can't submit upfront medical in the PR application. And for TRV mostly they do not require medical.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
City is Lahore, but we can't submit upfront medical in the PR application. And for TRV mostly they do not require medical.
Ummm...I dont agree with that. Why? cuz....
1- You can do Upfront medicals with IOM Pakistan. They wont stop you. You can check their website:
https://pakistan.iom.int/immigration-medical-examination-ime-canadian-visa-applicants

2-The fees for TRV and PR medical --- seems to be same. The fee is classified on the basis of Age only - not even gender!

3-CIC wont stop you either. You can upload it with your PR application as well. There is a link for it.

Question is : will CIC accept upfront medical for PR applications? that's the thingy. And should one spend 30k rupees just to check it?

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hey guys, I’m in this situation that my TRV application is ready to submit. I just received medical request and my date is scheduled for 22 June. Should I give my medical first and then submit? Does it make a difference?

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
Hey guys, I’m in this situation that my TRV application is ready to submit. I just received medical request and my date is scheduled for 22 June. Should I give my medical first and then submit? Does it make a difference?
We have similar profiles.

I am also going the same route. I think it's better to give and let the Medical update on Portal, then apply TRV. But I have no logical ground to be sure here. This is just my gut feeling.

Also, what's your Process Timeline until now? (if you are comfortable sharing)

Khanfidence17

Jun 8, 2023
As Salaamu Alaykum.

Today i received a PFL today for my wife. The officer believes our marriage is "genuine" Her and I both agreed to follow the Quran and sunnah on the way we wanted to get married ie simple, nikah and walima, little pictures taken outside the wedding setting. Plus with only having one month spending with her due to me starting a new job at the time i needed to come back and begin the process of applying for Spousal Sponsorship. It took me a good month to gather documents, triple check things etc.

The officer is looking for the following

1. I note you have submitted a NADRA registration document as evidence of your marriage to your sponsor. However, you have not submitted a Nikah Nama (Does this mean the Urdu Version)
  2. You have not submitted any photos of you and your sponsor together outside the wedding setting. It is unclear from your application that you and your sponsor cohabited for the period indicated in your form IMM5532. Evidence of having spent time together outside of the wedding setting spending time together in everyday life and on outings, is important to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine and continuing. (I only have selfies and maybe few pictures at some sight seeing's, and restaurants is there a minimum the officer is looking for in terms of pictures?)
  3. I submitted whatsapp conversion history from the time we talked up and until September when i returned (i just wanted to submit the application ASAP) I have lot more logs to submit but i hear that it shouldn't only be whats app, it should be social media accounts or other platforms. My wife does not have facebook and on Instagram we just send memes and vidoes of inspiration.
  4. Lastly, the officer is concerned i haven't visited my wife. I bought a ticket in March to go travel and have the vacation booked from work but my passport was not recieved in time from IRRC after renewal. I am planning in sha'a Allah to go in September as i believe she will be ready to come to canada and also i was able to retake my vacation at that time
Now all this tells me that i just have to submit what the officer is looking for and by Allah she will be granted her PR to be with me again and for us to start our family.

Muhammad Shakil

Star Member
May 22, 2023
As Salaamu Alaykum.

Today i received a PFL today for my wife. The officer believes our marriage is "genuine" Her and I both agreed to follow the Quran and sunnah on the way we wanted to get married ie simple, nikah and walima, little pictures taken outside the wedding setting. Plus with only having one month spending with her due to me starting a new job at the time i needed to come back and begin the process of applying for Spousal Sponsorship. It took me a good month to gather documents, triple check things etc.

1. I note you have submitted a NADRA registration document as evidence of your marriage to your sponsor. However, you have not submitted a Nikah Nama (Does this mean the Urdu Version)
  2. You have not submitted any photos of you and your sponsor together outside the wedding setting. It is unclear from your application that you and your sponsor cohabited for the period indicated in your form IMM5532. Evidence of having spent time together outside of the wedding setting spending time together in everyday life and on outings, is important to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine and continuing. (I only have selfies and maybe few pictures at some sight seeing's, and restaurants is there a minimum the officer is looking for in terms of pictures?)
  3. I submitted whatsapp conversion history from the time we talked up and until September when i returned (i just wanted to submit the application ASAP) I have lot more logs to submit but i hear that it shouldn't only be whats app, it should be social media accounts or other platforms. My wife does not have facebook and on Instagram we just send memes and vidoes of inspiration.
  4. Lastly, the officer is concerned i haven't visited my wife. I bought a ticket in March to go travel and have the vacation booked from work but my passport was not recieved in time from IRRC after renewal. I am planning in sha'a Allah to go in September as i believe she will be ready to come to canada and also i was able to retake my vacation at that time
Now all this tells me that i just have to submit what the officer is looking for and by Allah she will be granted her PR to be with me again and for us to start our family.

First of all, bro. InshAllah, your Spouse will get PR. A Quran quote from Surah Ashrah --> "Fa Inna Ma'al Asre Yusra, Inna Ma'al Asre Yusra"

Now let me answer your question based on my experience:

1. Yes, this means URDU NIKAHNAMA with Official Notarized Translation in ENGLISH.
2. My application is in progress. But I submitted the photos of us in the RESTAURANT as I also spent very few days with my wife.
3. Collect a Subset of WhatsApp, Messenger Calls + Messages, etc. And put them in a 'Proof of Relationship' Document.
4. You can submit the Plane Ticket which you will buy for your trip back home.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
As Salaamu Alaykum.

W'salam Khan Saheb.
First things first - pls do share your timeline. Yani date of application, date of AOR recd, Medical request, Biometrics reqst, Sponsorship approval etc etc etc..

Ok now to your email.
1 - Yes - its the Urdu Nikah Nama - both pages. Get it translated from an official translation agency. Your wife would have the originals copy, right? Ask her to go on google search maps, search for nearest Translation agency. Check its reviews, if it seems the place has done recently for Canadian applicants, then simply go there. In islamabad and pindi area - Naeem Translation is good. So you will need both pages translated + a third page will be an affadavit from the translator.

2-Yes - pictures outside marriage events. In restaurants, in the house etc. Selfies are more than good - as it looks natural, every day life-like - you two spending time together, perhaps in kitchen etc etc.

3- i also had only wats app to give. nothing to issue.

4- Did you try for TRV for your wife? If you did -even if it got refused, that will be a plus point, so provide them application details. If not, then explain your reasons to the officer, briefly, using dates and timelines. And if you have visited your wife once in a year, then the officer should not get concerned at all. For us, if we visit our families in Eid/Ramadan - once a year - that makes sense. Plus, its doesn't make sense financially to keep spending 2k every 6 months. I'm sure some may have the ability to have their own jet, but 90% dont. Officer would have seen your salary, knows that its recent job. Should not expect all this. But you can explain all this nicely.

Pls do keep us posted. Your profile seems to match mine very closely. I will be looking forward to hear good news from you soon inshaAllah.

Last edited:

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
As Salaamu Alaykum.

Please share your timeline

Khanfidence17

Jun 8, 2023
Time stamp of my application

2022/2023
Please share your timeline
Oct 24 Application submitted
Jan 16 Biometrics received
Jan 17 Biometrics Submitted
March 27 Medical Received
April 20 Medical has been received and uploaded to profile
May 24 Eligibility updated to in progress
June 08 PFL received

In sha'a Allah i hopeful shes good to come by October this year

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Time stamp of my application

2022/2023

Oct 24 Application submitted
Jan 16 Biometrics received
Jan 17 Biometrics Submitted
March 27 Medical Received
April 20 Medical has been received and uploaded to profile
May 24 Eligibility updated to in progress
June 08 PFL received

In sha'a Allah i hopeful shes good to come by October this year
inshaAllah, you still have time to submit your response . I've seen after submission of pfl people get response within a month . All the best !! Share the good news soon

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Ummm...I dont agree with that. Why? cuz....
1- You can do Upfront medicals with IOM Pakistan. They wont stop you. You can check their website:
https://pakistan.iom.int/immigration-medical-examination-ime-canadian-visa-applicants

2-The fees for TRV and PR medical --- seems to be same. The fee is classified on the basis of Age only - not even gender!

3-CIC wont stop you either. You can upload it with your PR application as well. There is a link for it.

Question is : will CIC accept upfront medical for PR applications? that's the thingy. And should one spend 30k rupees just to check it?
Exactly because in the checklist they clearly mentioned do not get the medical done until we ask for it.

Reactions: TrickyColonel

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
First of all, bro. InshAllah, your Spouse will get PR. A Quran quote from Surah Ashrah --> "Fa Inna Ma'al Asre Yusra, Inna Ma'al Asre Yusra"

Now let me answer your question based on my experience:

1. Yes, this means URDU NIKAHNAMA with Official Notarized Translation in ENGLISH.
2. My application is in progress. But I submitted the photos of us in the RESTAURANT as I also spent very few days with my wife.
3. Collect a Subset of WhatsApp, Messenger Calls + Messages, etc. And put them in a 'Proof of Relationship' Document.
4. You can submit the Plane Ticket which you will buy for your trip back home.
Great points by bro Shakil.

Just to add to point no.4 - Instead of plane tickets, if you still have, then scan your BOARDING PASSES. Cuz thats a guarantee that the passenger boarded the plane (99% of the times). And the most solid one is the Entry Exit stamp on your passport, when you'd have entered Pakistan.

Reactions: Muhammad Shakil