+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

A.khan200607

Aug 4, 2021
Insurance documents, bank papers, bills or any official document that shows you or your partner as married. You can also attach a screenshot of a Facebook post for example that has comments from friends and family mentioning that you are a married couple, date has to be older than the ADR
Does a NIC with my name count? If not is there any other document I can show, I don't have any bank statements or insurance, we just got married and I live in Canada and she doesn't!

Titan55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2021
Does a NIC with my name count? If not is there any other document I can show, I don't have any bank statements or insurance, we just got married and I live in Canada and she doesn't!
Are you employed in Canada right now? If so, do you have a benefits and pension plan? If so, you can add your spouse as a beneficiary under both plans. Most benefit plans also require you to declare your marriage within a month or two the marriage.

NIC listing you as her spouse instead of her father will also work.

A.khan200607

Aug 4, 2021
Are you employed in Canada right now? If so, do you have a benefits and pension plan? If so, you can add your spouse as a beneficiary under both plans. Most benefit plans also require you to declare your marriage within a month or two the marriage.

NIC listing you as her spouse instead of her father will also work.
What about Family! Registration Certificate?, Her NIC still hasn't come and I am Working, just got a new job so the benefits haven't started.

Mar 19, 2021
Alhumdulillaha !! My wife got her passport back today after submitting to Visa office in Lahore on 27 Jan 2022. I want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences. Honestly It was a big help in learning from different experiences and much needed moral support. !! I wish y'all hear good news very soon whoever is waiting for an update. My only piece of advise for folks who are going to apply soon or has applied recently is to please HIRE A CONSULTANT and DON'T apply by yourself. Mine was a divorce case and had other complications but my consultant did a great job putting together all the information required nicely and my wife got the PR in exact 11 months. Best of Luck y'all and hang in there !!

Applied March - 17, 2021
April 2021 - application received
April 28 2021 - biometrics completed
May 05 2021 - SA
September 10 - Medical was approved
December 21 2021 - ADR
December 24 2021 - ADR submitted
January 24 2022 - prearrival
January 25 2022 Request for passport
PRR February 07, 2022

A.khan200607

Aug 4, 2021
If my wife doesn't work and doesn't plan on working when she comes here, should I just write N/A for both current and intended occupation?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Will saving of 60k be enough for sponsors eligibility. I will come to Canada on 22 Feb and as soon as I land I will be applying for my wife’s and son sponsorship

azali

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
FAM
Will saving of 60k be enough for sponsors eligibility. I will come to Canada on 22 Feb and as soon as I land I will be applying for my wife’s and son sponsorship
That should be more than enough, sponsoring wife doesn't require bank balance, but if you have dependent then yet you need enough to support them as per CIC see below list.

This table shows the minimum amount you need to immigrate to Canada. If you have more money, you should list the full amount in your profile or application.
Number of
family members
Funds required
(in Canadian dollars)
1$13,213
2$16,449
3$20,222
4$24,553
5$27,847
6$31,407
7$34,967
For each additional family member$3,560

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

azali

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
FAM
This is what I did,
Went to Nadra karachi mega center in North Nazimabad with my passport/PR card, nikkah nama and Nicop.

We first updated our NIC changed our info(marital status and all), This process will issue new CNIC card for your wife, but your would stay valid.

When i asked for FRC, they told us to wait for 15 20 mins, once our updates have been processed into database, they will issue the FRC.

It was a very quick process, no additional docs were required other than what i have mentioned above.

Reactions: A.khan200607

A.khan200607

Aug 4, 2021
This is what I did,
Went to Nadra karachi mega center in North Nazimabad with my passport/PR card, nikkah nama and Nicop.

We first updated our NIC changed our info(marital status and all), This process will issue new CNIC card for your wife, but your would stay valid.

When i asked for FRC, they told us to wait for 15 20 mins, once our updates have been processed into database, they will issue the FRC.

It was a very quick process, no additional docs were required other than what i have mentioned above.
Just want to confirm, FRC is the family certificate, right? I am not there so hopefully, that's not a problem. Hopefully, my wife can get it without me being there!

cayanide

Jan 26, 2021
Just want to confirm, FRC is the family certificate, right? I am not there so hopefully, that's not a problem. Hopefully, my wife can get it without me being there!
Yes, but you will have to update your status on your NIC first as married, else she will get FRC based on her father which is of no use.

Reactions: A.khan200607

azali

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes, but you will have to update your status on your NIC first as married, else she will get FRC based on her father which is of no use.
Yes, Husband and wife need to update their CNIC records, only then you can have an FRC as husband and wife.

YES.