+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
I just got a ghost update on GCKEY and my background check changed to 'we are processing your background check'. Previously it used to be 'your application is in process, we will send you a message when we start your background check'. The very first time I made GCKEY the default line under background check was 'we are processing your background check'. Does this actually mean anything or is this a system glitch, anyone else who experienced this? Basically my background check went from:

We are processing your background check --> your application is in process, we will send you a message when we start your background check --> we are processing your background check.

TEA_2020

Apr 15, 2021
I just got a ghost update on GCKEY and my background check changed to 'we are processing your background check'. Previously it used to be 'your application is in process, we will send you a message when we start your background check'. The very first time I made GCKEY the default line under background check was 'we are processing your background check'. Does this actually mean anything or is this a system glitch, anyone else who experienced this? Basically my background check went from:

We are processing your background check --> your application is in process, we will send you a message when we start your background check --> we are processing your background check.
Are you still "In Process" on ECAS?

TEA_2020

Apr 15, 2021
I guess your initial "We are processing your background check" was a glitch or something, I believe you would now be in this stage, which I believe is the final stage before decision is made. What's your timeline if you don't mind mentioning? Did you get Pre-Arrival letter recently?

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Nope, no pre-arrival. So what is the default line under BCG on GCKEY when you first make an account, what did it say for you initially and what does it say now assuming it has changed?

Timeline:
March 25, 2020 App received
March 12, 2021 AOR1
April 9, 2021 SA
April 16, 2021 Medical Request
April 23, 2021 AOR2
May 28, 2021 ADR
June 29, 2021 Started processing BCG on GCKEY

I know it's a crazy timeline, they lost our file for a whole year and asked us to reapply then found the old file again and returned the second app.

TEA_2020

Apr 15, 2021
Nope, no pre-arrival. So what is the default line under BCG on GCKEY when you first make an account, what did it say for you initially and what does it say now assuming it has changed?

Timeline:
March 12, 2021 AOR1
April 9, 2021 SA
April 23, 2021 AOR2
May 28, 2021 ADR

I know it's a crazy timeline, they lost our file for a whole year and asked us to reapply then found the old file again and returned the second app.
Oh wow that's crazy. Sorry I can't be of help here as I'm going through a immigration consultant and never opened a GCKey account.. I only have access to ECAS and the immigration consultant updates me on any emails/updates that they receive.

I'm pretty sure BCG comes last though so you are close, I think. I just received my Pre-Arrival letter few days ago and the immigration consultant advised that the next step would be background check and then final decision.

menaka_p

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Oh wow that's crazy. Sorry I can't be of help here as I'm going through a immigration consultant and never opened a GCKey account.. I only have access to ECAS and the immigration consultant updates me on any emails/updates that they receive.

I'm pretty sure BCG comes last though so you are close, I think. I just received my Pre-Arrival letter few days ago and the immigration consultant advised that the next step would be background check and then final decision.
Thanks, I hope we're close to the finish line this entire ordeal has been emotionally taxing especially with the lost file and what not.

Danish7171

Jun 6, 2021

Timeline:
March 12, 2021 AOR1
April 9, 2021 SA
April 23, 2021 AOR2
May 28, 2021 ADR

I am also 30th march App receiver but on 21st January file move to LVo to now no update. No AOR2. No ADR......