+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Give yourselves extra time. Heard that due to Corona they have reduced their staff which is causing the delay for medical appointments. Also, once medical is done they are also taking longer time to review it.
So how should i let IRCC know that I need an extension from the 30 days limit? Do I send a webform or a direct email to the London VO?

Azaad Alfaaz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi,

I am planning to get married later this year (IA) in Pakistan. To keep everyone safe we will be limiting our events to just our immediate family members and have only Nikkah in our house followed by dinner. I am concerned that because we will be forgoing the traditional large gatherings and events (Mendhi/Separate Valima etc.) it might be hard to convince the immigration office about the validity of our marriage.

Can anyone shed light on if this will be a problem or if IRCC will understand and accept this as enough proof of our marriage, considering the pandemic?

FYI: I have a PR and reside in Canada.
Don't just do Nikah only ! that will lead to delay in your Case ! May be Rejection too ! Do all the necessary events i.e Mehndi (hina) function ! Barat ! And Walima ! and do produce Wedding cards ! for all events !
Even your these functions are small .. at home ! still do these functions !
Print 10 pages for 10 people who are not you family or relative ! to print their name and date and phone number ! Mention that they have attended your wedding ! Sign !
This will help your Case on much faster track !

Last edited:

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
It varies on the case. Some people are getting ppr/copr within 2 weeks after remedical and for some its taking a month.
Thanks , but is remedical the last stage before ppr or there are chances of refusal also .I was just wondering if they are not happy with the application why would they want an applicant to do remedical ?? Anybody in the same boat csn help please

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Hey Everyone my wife has her appointment on Jun 1st for her re-medical, but she received her medical letter on April 23rd and stated she has to complete within 30 days of receiving the letter. Do we have to notify IRCC for this?
Is remedical the last stage before ppr or there are chances of refusal also .I was just wondering if they are not happy with the application why would they want an applicant to do remedical ?? Anybody in the same boat csn help please

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is remedical the last stage before ppr or there are chances of refusal also .I was just wondering if they are not happy with the application why would they want an applicant to do remedical ?? Anybody in the same boat csn help please
Yes, there wouldn't be much reason for re-medical if they did not believe the file would move forward.

There are no guarantees but it does seem from recent reports here that remedical is mostly being done in advance of or in anticipation of approval. Possibly the medical request at same time as approval-in-principle, sometimes folllowed by pre-arrival.

There can always be remaining reasons for refusal like criminal, security, etc., of course.

Jamal Rizvi

Mar 2, 2021
Hi, I am feb 2020 applicant
it has been 20 days i am waiting like crazy, counting days, it’s so difficult For me now. 20 days since many others feb applicants got AOR2 from LVO But I and some others didn’t, it’s so frustrating. Please if some one has any information why they selected only some Of us, even some March applicants got it. Please share it. I have been only thinking about what possible reason could be for That. i have sent a web form but no reply. Is there any way to get information from them, any way to know the answers. Please share with me. Also all feb 2020 applicant who didn’t get aor2 like this so we know how many of us are there. They are literally killing us slowly
Contact your local MP in Canada for the current status of your profile. Am also Jan 2020 Applicant. After contact with MP, within the next day, I received Remedial

Reactions: Aishakh