+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Truth is no-one knows exactly. Many interpret this as being the same.

But AOR2 is an actual acknowledgement of receipt - correspondence. Not all offices send them.
Correct. Not all VO's send them. And yes, all guesses. Just want to get a better understanding of the process as we go along.

sh_ed

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Correct. Not all VO's send them. And yes, all guesses. Just want to get a better understanding of the process as we go along.
I've seen in some other groups file recieved does not mean AOR2 sometimes they will start processing and the status will change to in process but they won't send you AOR2. Calling them is useless also I tried calling them last week they told me it's left Canada and they can't verify where it is once its left the country, try calling though maybe I just got a shitty agent on the line who couldnt be bothered checking into it properly

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
Hi. My ECAS shows Application Received. This was previously 'In Process'. I have not received any intimation from my VO. Does this translate into visa office having received my application?
Based on the previous communications on this forum, it means file transfer to a different VISA OFFICE. Example, from LVO to Shanghai

I could be be wrong. If anyone knows please shed some light

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Based on the previous communications on this forum, it means file transfer to a different VISA OFFICE. Example, from LVO to Shanghai

I could be be wrong. If anyone knows please shed some light
Thank you! More curious than anything as far as the process is concerned - especially the fact that I got SA a few weeks back and no letter telling me I am moving to London VO either ( only got to know from my SA ). So change was something I wasn't expecting.

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
Thank you! More curious than anything as far as the process is concerned - especially the fact that I got SA a few weeks back and no letter telling me I am moving to London VO either ( only got to know from my SA ). So change was something I wasn't expecting.
They do not notify PA OR the Sponsor of the file transfers. Mainly this was happening to speed up the process and they transfer files to different VOs for administrative purposes. A huge wave was happening beginning to mid February

Reactions: armoured and pc8922

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
They do not notify PA OR the Sponsor of the file transfers. Mainly this was happening to speed up the process and they transfer files to different VOs for administrative purposes. A huge wave was happening beginning to mid February
Thanks! I did read a lot of people getting anxious about the location of their files. I have ordered GCMS Notes (will order them again as well) and will see where my file is. Probably the only sure shot way. Good luck with your process!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
To add to the confusion, we know they've moved to more electronic files and so it's not even clear 'the VO' actually gets the physical file - nor that it will 'remain' with that office.

Seems like they're moving more to just virtual files and offices.

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
Thanks! I did read a lot of people getting anxious about the location of their files. I have ordered GCMS Notes (will order them again as well) and will see where my file is. Probably the only sure shot way. Good luck with your process!
This info can be obtained directly by calling IRCC clients services hotline. They request ask questions such UCI# , application # and so on then they will release the info.

Thanks and you too

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Freewayz840

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
To add to the confusion, we know they've moved to more electronic files and so it's not even clear 'the VO' actually gets the physical file - nor that it will 'remain' with that office.

Seems like they're moving more to just virtual files and offices.
You might be right.

That being said, for us it really does not matter how they process files , virtual or physical as long as they process them and process them on timely fashion. On the positive note, I hope by utilizing technology we see faster processes and more efficiency not the other way around.
May be it’s just the beginning of electronic era. There is alway bumps on the road

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
Which sort of information do they provide?
In most cases they answer directive/instructive questions to guide you to the proper department/body of immigration, questions such as how to pay your fees, how to fill out forms, where and how to submit your forms, immigration programs and so on. They do not provide detailed and step by step info. about a Sponsorship Application while in progress, but they can locate your case as far as VISA OFFICE is concerned.

Any case specific questions will be redirected to proper visa office where your file is so they can answer about the progress of a case.