+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

ammarbinriaz

Mar 3, 2021
LOL Imagine how messed up that is that we have to explain everything in detail and treated with skepticism even if we slightly deviate from cultural norms because of whatever someones personal circumstances would have been. I do agree with you and this warrants attaching a note saying why certain things were done slightly different than how they would normally be done.
thanks for the response guys.

so just to summarize why rukhsati was not done:
1. mutually agreed by parents/families that rukhsati to be done once spousal application is approved as rukhsati implies that the couple will start living together for good, but in my case i was travelling to Canada within 3 months of my Nikkah, and then my wife would have to go back to her house which is something frowned upon.
2. since rukhsati was not happening, we decided to "officiate and publicise" our marriage, we held a function with limited guests due to social gathering restrictions because of covid.

in your opinion, would the above note be appropriate? will attaching consent or agreement letter written and signed by parents help this?
any ideas are welcome.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
LOL Imagine how messed up that is that we have to explain everything in detail and treated with skepticism even if we slightly deviate from cultural norms because of whatever someones personal circumstances would have been. I do agree with you and this warrants attaching a note saying why certain things were done slightly different than how they would normally be done.
They will look at arranged marriages differently, to be sure.

Reactions: pc8922

seahowk

Oct 9, 2019
Can anyone tell me do we need an appointment for vfs Lahore and how much they charge for biometric and visa fees for adults and kids?

Thanks

seahowk

Oct 9, 2019
Can anyone tell me do we need an appointment for vfs Lahore and how much they charge for biometric and visa fees for adults and kids?

Thanks

Sweet tooba

Oct 20, 2019

Thanks
you don't need an appointment for passport submission... you just have to walk in and submit your passport and the required documents on ppr... and fees is i think 3500 rs or something like that for tcs parcel... i am not sure about it...
and why are you asking for biometrics?? didn't you complete it before??
and yes many many congratulations .. all the best for your upcoming life... and if u don't mind so please can u tell us that why your process took that long? did you require any interview or refusal of you application or any other complications??

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
They received it February 17 2020
AOR1 March 2020
S/A approved August 2020
Biomatics & passed Sept 2020
Medical sept 2020
Medical passed oct 1 2020
File transfer LVO letter January 2021
I also have my MP involved for personal reasons.
Sorry to ask but you said they received by they you mean IRCC? Or you sent all your docs some other visa officev
?

Kz_hasn

May 21, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
23-10-2019
AOR Received.
19-10-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2020
Med's Request
25-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
Alhamdullilah I have received PPR today.

I am July 2018, applicant

I pray for all of you to complete your process quickly.

This forum is very helpful, people share experience and expert opinions.
Could you tell how many times the principal applicant was asked medical from submission time to now ?
Thanks

seahowk

Oct 9, 2019
you don't need an appointment for passport submission... you just have to walk in and submit your passport and the required documents on ppr... and fees is i think 3500 rs or something like that for tcs parcel... i am not sure about it...
and why are you asking for biometrics?? didn't you complete it before??
and yes many many congratulations .. all the best for your upcoming life... and if u don't mind so please can u tell us that why your process took that long? did you require any interview or refusal of you application or any other complications??
Thanks very much for your reply

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
What a joke?

It is very interesting. As you all know each office work load is different. Some have been effected huge by COVID including LVO and some not as much depending on the country and restrictions. Moreover, we have noticed a lot of May, June, July applicants who have already received their ppr & DM. Which office does this new info apply to? If its a genera thing and it applies to all visa offices, then it causes more confusion than helping the situation as not all offices are on the same page as far as pressing time is concerned. Just another toy to buy time

On the positive note, we will see how this tracker progresses and how often this gets updated to reflect true processing time of applications i guess?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Alhumdulleh

Freewayz840

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
What a joke?

It is very interesting. As you all know each office work load is different. Some have been effected huge by COVID including LVO and some not as much depending on the country and restrictions. Moreover, we have noticed a lot of May, June, July applicants who have already received their ppr & DM. Which office does this new info apply to? If its a genera thing and it applies to all visa offices, then it causes more confusion than helping the situation as not all offices are on the same page as far as pressing time is concerned. Just another toy to buy time

On the positive note, we will see how this tracker progresses and how often this gets updated to reflect true processing time of applications i guess?
Iam sure LVO got mix file when they are applying immigration SMH

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Mr riaz, I ll suggest don't complicate ur case.
tbh i dont understand this notion of not doing rukhsati until u get the visa.
its just delaying the process
I live with my parents following rukhsati. I visit in-laws on weekends. and when my husband comes here, I move back to in-laws.
I know its exceptional
but we all ( My parents + In-laws) agreed on it, just to keep things simple.
No one is asking you for your story, nor does what you do in your personal life need to be replicated or used as a blue print for others. Everyone has their own circumstances and for various reasons would not be able to conveniently do rukhsati.

@ammarbinriaz I would suggest you file your paperwork - since it's taking exceptionally long anyways - and mention that this is what our rukhsati is ( event you did ), perhaps that you'll be doing a bigger event in the future.In case IRCC does come back and cause problems, worst you can do is use that as a basis for rukhsati and have pictures of that event sent to them.

Hope this suffices.PS. People have been approved prior to rukhsati as well, so there's examples of that too.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What a joke?

I warn, again, this 'we are finalzing applications from May 8-18' does not mean they are not working on other files.

I believe it is their specific common formulation for '80% of files finalized' as their indicator of how fast things are going. Some files will still be faster.

It's also a lagging indicator as 2019/2020 files fell within the covid black memory hole; as they get back to something closer to normal (which seems to be happening), that indicator will catch up slowly due to the backlog.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019-outland-spousal-sponsorship.646162/page-121#post-9248685