+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Impatiently_Waiting

Oct 28, 2020
this has nothing to do with LVO; which everyone in this forum is hoping to hear news from. I’m surprised nobody picked up on that fact. They’ve simply increased the staff on ‘in canada’ work by66% and digitized the applications for remote capabilities. Once you’ve moved past canada to your respective VO, this news means nothing.
Yes, this. The immigration minister is just putting wool over our eyes. What exactly is the point of increasing in-Canada decision makers? As far as we know the longest part of the process is eligibility and that takes place in a foreign visa office. The 66% increase does nothing to help reunite spouses for the majority of outland applicants.

• Sad
Reactions: Alhumdulleh

Impatiently_Waiting

Oct 28, 2020
My file hasn't even been transferred yet to LVO and its already been 1 year. After committing the mistake of marrying outside Canada, what do you guys recommend I should do now?
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do outside of making a stink with the media. My file was submitted in November 2019 and forwarded to LVO in January 2021, so at least you aren't alone.

nonamemike

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
My file hasn't even been transferred yet to LVO and its already been 1 year. After committing the mistake of marrying outside Canada, what do you guys recommend I should do now?
There must be something wrong with your application. You must ask your local MP to do an inquiry. If you wont follow up. They might just leave it as it is.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
There must be something wrong with your application. You must ask your local MP to do an inquiry. If you wont follow up. They might just leave it as it is.
Local MP told me the progress on the file. they are doing background check of my wife. But otherwise they didn't mention anything wrong with the application.

Alhumdulleh

Dec 19, 2020
this has nothing to do with LVO; which everyone in this forum is hoping to hear news from. I’m surprised nobody picked up on that fact. They’ve simply increased the staff on ‘in canada’ work by66% and digitized the applications for remote capabilities. Once you’ve moved past canada to your respective VO, this news means nothing.
But what about this line;
the Government will prioritize the processing of overseas spousal sponsorship applications until the end of March 2021

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Impatiently_Waiting

Oct 28, 2020
Did they tell you any reason? Why are they doing this?
I contacted my MP and got the typical response that it was because of covid. The only interesting point was that they assured me that my wife's file was still being processed in Sydney, NS and that because of covid the different visa offices and case processing centers tend to share workload. That implies that some of the work LVO is supposed to do was being done by Sydney, but I have no way of knowing that.

Alhumdulleh

Dec 19, 2020
I contacted my MP and got the typical response that it was because of covid. The only interesting point was that they assured me that my wife's file was still being processed in Sydney, NS and that because of covid the different visa offices and case processing centers tend to share workload. That implies that some of the work LVO is supposed to do was being done by Sydney, but I have no way of knowing that.
If its so, that LVO work is being done by NS, u should be happy and thankful

professor_pk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
From the day (December 09,2020) when I uploaded the ADR on GCKey, the status under Additional Documents shows as "The Additional Documents you provided have been uploaded" . I think they didn't even open my ADR yet. I haven't received any acknowledgement receipt of the ADR. Is their anyone who's status under ADR is same as mine??? I am curious that may be I did mistake while uploading the ADR that's why they didn't acknowledge receipt. Plz let me know if anyone here in the same situation
Exactly, same situation.