+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Alhumdulleh

Dec 19, 2020
From the day (December 09,2020) when I uploaded the ADR on GCKey, the status under Additional Documents shows as "The Additional Documents you provided have been uploaded" . I think they didn't even open my ADR yet. I haven't received any acknowledgement receipt of the ADR. Is their anyone who's status under ADR is same as mine??? I am curious that may be I did mistake while uploading the ADR that's why they didn't acknowledge receipt. Plz let me know if anyone here in the same situation
GC key isnt updated too often.
U said u r in queue awaiting review by migration officer.
It means they have seen ur ADR

azfar11

Jan 29, 2020
We wrote Immigration Minister.
Got reply from his office.
All General stuff.
I found this paragraph meaningful

To help families, including those who are dealing with the challenge of being separated during the pandemic, the Government will prioritize the processing of overseas spousal sponsorship applications until the end of March 2021. This builds upon previously announced efforts to speed up spousal reunification, including increasing the number of in-Canada decision makers by 66% and using technology to digitize paper applications.
Oh wow means files will be done by the mid March

azfar11

Jan 29, 2020
Does anyone have any leads on where the passport goes after submission?
Just Islamabad or all the way to london?
Pakistan has a law that it’s passport can’t go beyond its jurisdiction in any case, so the passport remains in Islamabad, usually visa stickers are in Islamabad they just paste that sticker on the passport and give it back to the holder.

Reactions: Ranaarslan7

hockeydefenseman221

Aug 24, 2019
All General stuff.

To help families, including those who are dealing with the challenge of being separated during the pandemic, the Government will prioritize the processing of overseas spousal sponsorship applications until the end of March 2021. This builds upon previously announced efforts to speed up spousal reunification, including increasing the number of in-Canada decision makers by 66% and using technology to digitize paper applications.
They promised to speed up applications to 6000 a month as per that link. But they've not met their targets so far. Only achieving 56% of their goal. So average of 3300 files per month. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/separated-spouses-face-tremendous-strain-immigration-1.5852063

Shahzad326

Feb 2, 2021
From the day (December 09,2020) when I uploaded the ADR on GCKey, the status under Additional Documents shows as "The Additional Documents you provided have been uploaded" . I think they didn't even open my ADR yet. I haven't received any acknowledgement receipt of the ADR. Is their anyone who's status under ADR is same as mine??? I am curious that may be I did mistake while uploading the ADR that's why they didn't acknowledge receipt. Plz let me know if anyone here in the same situation
After uploading document there is also need to submit by going all the way down and click the next tab then on new window it will ask the authorization by submitting you e signature and will also ask your security question. But if you fail to submit then it only shows documents uploaded but not submitted to IRCC.

Alhumdulleh

Dec 19, 2020

Mujahid10

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
what is acknowledgement receipt and where one could get? on ecas?? i know a person who has uploaded the docs on decmbr-2020 yet no response from them same as yours.

Reactions: professor_pk

Programmable

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
All General stuff.

I think this is pretty meaningless since there isn't any elaboration provided on which applications, submitted within what time frame get prioritized. ie If you submitted your application in April of 2020 and are under the 12 month threshold and your application is impacted by Covid-19, are you not in line to get your application prioritized? Do you fall out of that queue to get your application prioritized? and why until March 2021? Why not until all the backlog is resolved......Government institutions are really good at masking their mismanagement and since they are the ultimate authority, they feel that they aren't accountable to anyone.

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
All General stuff.

I hope they keep up with this statement as previously they weren’t able to meet their own set targets

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
My file hasn't even been transferred yet to LVO and its already been 1 year. After committing the mistake of marrying outside Canada, what do you guys recommend I should do now?

• Sad
Reactions: Phalos

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
All General stuff.

Suggest him to add this clause on future single applicants "DO NOT MARRY OUTSIDE CANADA"

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos and Arsh1973

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
To help families, including those who are dealing with the challenge of being separated during the pandemic, the Government will prioritize the processing of overseas spousal sponsorship applications until the end of March 2021.
STORM will last until end of March 2021. After may God help you all.

Reactions: Alhumdulleh

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
All General stuff.

this has nothing to do with LVO; which everyone in this forum is hoping to hear news from. I’m surprised nobody picked up on that fact. They’ve simply increased the staff on ‘in canada’ work by66% and digitized the applications for remote capabilities. Once you’ve moved past canada to your respective VO, this news means nothing.