+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
3 months ??? (Including 10 Weekends, 2 long Weekends, and Christmas holidays from 21st). How they going to process 6000 applications per month.

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019
This is probably one of the hardest things for all of us to understand.

From my time on this forum, the two main things that seem to hold up applications are:

1. Background checks, particularly for applicants with extensive travel and work history in multiple countries. The more places you’ve lived and/or worked over six months the more digging IRCC has to do to verify all that info.

2. Genuine marriage. Having been on this forum for a while now, when I first joined I was initially surprised at how many people were applying to sponsor spouses they married very quickly within a few months and had barely spent any time together beforehand or are married without having spent much time together before or after marriage. Without a lot of solid proof of time spent together and a steady obvious progress of a relationship growing over time, it makes it more difficult for IRCC to determine how genuine the relationship is. This can unfortunately hold an application up in the system for a long time. It would be interesting to have a statistic on the average amount of time spent together for couples applying for sponsorship and an average of how many years they’ve known each other. Might shed a little light on some of the hold up.
Time doesn’t define relationships. People leave after 20 years of being married and some people can last after meeting for a day.

Plus it’s Outland, you can’t live with your spouse for a year like inland. People have jobs, schools.

Background check I can understand but I know people who are stuck at background for years so how much digging one needs?

Reactions: Chawais and riz7862

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
3 months ??? (Including 10 Weekends, 2 long Weekends, and Christmas holidays from 21st). How they going to process 6000 applications per month.
This is some kind of rocket science or as Mendicino had put it "Innovative Solutions"...
Edit: Or maybe he hired Santa's helpers ??? Christmas miracle...in that case, children will expect delays in presents this year lol

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
This is probably one of the hardest things for all of us to understand.

From my time on this forum, the two main things that seem to hold up applications are:

1. Background checks, particularly for applicants with extensive travel and work history in multiple countries. The more places you’ve lived and/or worked over six months the more digging IRCC has to do to verify all that info.

2. Genuine marriage. Having been on this forum for a while now, when I first joined I was initially surprised at how many people were applying to sponsor spouses they married very quickly within a few months and had barely spent any time together beforehand or are married without having spent much time together before or after marriage. Without a lot of solid proof of time spent together and a steady obvious progress of a relationship growing over time, it makes it more difficult for IRCC to determine how genuine the relationship is. This can unfortunately hold an application up in the system for a long time. It would be interesting to have a statistic on the average amount of time spent together for couples applying for sponsorship and an average of how many years they’ve known each other. Might shed a little light on some of the hold up.

Agreed with your first point but with the second one, no one can make decisions looking at the time before and after marriage.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Agreed with your first point but with the second one, no one can make decisions looking at the time before and after marriage.
I agree with all of you on that. It’s not what I personally believe is right as I also believe time shouldn’t matter. I knew my husband was the one the first day I met him online. Unfortunately IRCC doesn’t seem to agree. You often see requests for additional proof of relationship, interviews, that sort of thing with shorter relationships. (Not always but appears to be more likely.)

They love their proof.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I agree with all of you on that. It’s not what I personally believe is right as I also believe time shouldn’t matter. I knew my husband was the one the first day I met him online. Unfortunately IRCC doesn’t seem to agree. You often see requests for additional proof of relationship, interviews, that sort of thing with shorter relationships. (Not always but appears to be more likely.)

They love their proof.
True, they love proofs, all personal Chat messages. I was wondering if they really read it and enjoy (LOL). No wonder they need 12 months.

Reactions: rrss13 and Pakigirl

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
my ecas change App Received last week, when can I expect Pre Arrival? Ukraine applicant.
Will I have my wife in Canada by New Year's?

Reactions: Kz_hasn

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
Ha ha, I know! I personally think it’s absolutely ridiculous that so many Pakistani applicants have been waiting so long. Some for up to two years or more. That’s unacceptable.
its really ridiculous :(

Reactions: Skkhan

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Guys i think we protested in the wrong country....we should've done this protest in LONDON front of VISA office then they'll WAKE UP!!!!!
They will have you deported and your application denied - is that what you want ?

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
They will have you deported and your application denied - is that what you want ?
LOL!!! i am protesting peacefully!!!!as a canadian citizen :)

T@777

Mar 5, 2019
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
17-01-2019
File Transfer...
29-11-2019
I am saying this because of all the protest in canada IRCC eventually realized that spousal cases are also Important!!!

Kz_hasn

May 21, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
23-10-2019
AOR Received.
19-10-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2020
Med's Request
25-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
my ecas change App Received last week, when can I expect Pre Arrival? Ukraine applicant.
Will I have my wife in Canada by New Year's?
When you submitted your application?