+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019
https://www.facebook.com/JennyKwanVanEast/?ref=nf&__tn__=%3C-R&eid=ARBX6pYT7fEbNRZStYU3sochwKRP0odFN0qn_zWdtJTVysQVgDu_V8Yg2wwE2XdRsI9g-1KcxwRsKDj2&hc_ref=ARTnz2xE-yWn4OFhabUfxlH6RV125CS2SWunMVNsvwd_OJ9O5rvjn8dCeiXI7Mio1go&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARDDyXr7QnNJtPIeIFBO5BVqGnscBmrxxM3BJq-7N7JlDo6ctYG5y3hCeHazK_AI5ve98ySkHgfm9YJ_d9oRVi16XWnXFEs8ypJ7Bb9ziSNOXhW8WY39mBRpsQ6snzgSyxvHC7UDEHPVb47WRKgz4VnXgYIDVfLq0JIx5KVJK9VqE4a9HqBHC1vhIjXMsHnDmTcqL2jS5YNSfV3OYxD0tevRfgdA8IFVlcdX0z3hawNOAnZwvBtorr0Z3g-ru0cXIEahE6GIJVFduTJEsm9fWDbirD7aHvsCZvSl4TGEisAZrCnqiEN80vhnkoLLVYedFuWZqLZSlhI3AThc_8ZxpC0uPQ

Jenny Kwan
4h ·
I have received a response from Minister Mendicino regarding my letter sent on July 10th for those looking to reunite with their loved ones through the spousal sponsorship program. The only new measures that have been noted in the response is the extension of deadlines during the pandemic, which I believe fails to address the issue at hand that has existed pre-COVID and has been exacerbated by the pandemic.
The current process is clearly insufficient and is preventing spousesfrom reuniting in a timely manner. This is made evident from the protests that took place in Vancouver and across the country this past weekend, the strong support for the petition that I have sponsored and the countless emails I’ve been receiving from constituents and people from across the country.
In my initial letter, I echoed the calls from separated families who have been advocating for a Special Temporary Resident Visa as part of the spousal sponsorship process. They have proposed very reasonable requirements such as the need to meet certain conditions such as criminality checks, for applicants to pay for the COVID testing and provide plans for quarantine measures. The proposed measures demonstrate that above all else, separated families just want to be able to reunite with their loved ones in a reasonable time frame while waiting for their application to be finalized. Unfortunately, I am saddened to see that the minister’s response doesn't indicate much interest in acting on this very reasonable proposal and I will follow up accordingly.

The full letter response from the minister is in her fb page.

Sa.Ab

Nov 21, 2019
For people who got AOR2 in November and December, i think good news is on our way. So many people got dm the same week it means they are actually clearing the backlog. I got my AOR2 december 2nd 2019. I think next month i will get something. Thank God LVO started sending updates. I thought no one would get anything until december-january

Reactions: Pakigirl

Arihu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
For people who got AOR2 in November and December, i think good news is on our way. So many people got dm the same week it means they are actually clearing the backlog. I got my AOR2 december 2nd 2019. I think next month i will get something. Thank God LVO started sending updates. I thought no one would get anything until december-january
Hopefully because my husband and I AOR2 is November 7, 2019.

MMateen

Nov 28, 2019
https://www.facebook.com/JennyKwanVanEast/?ref=nf&__tn__=<-R&eid=ARBX6pYT7fEbNRZStYU3sochwKRP0odFN0qn_zWdtJTVysQVgDu_V8Yg2wwE2XdRsI9g-1KcxwRsKDj2&hc_ref=ARTnz2xE-yWn4OFhabUfxlH6RV125CS2SWunMVNsvwd_OJ9O5rvjn8dCeiXI7Mio1go&__xts__[0]=68.ARDDyXr7QnNJtPIeIFBO5BVqGnscBmrxxM3BJq-7N7JlDo6ctYG5y3hCeHazK_AI5ve98ySkHgfm9YJ_d9oRVi16XWnXFEs8ypJ7Bb9ziSNOXhW8WY39mBRpsQ6snzgSyxvHC7UDEHPVb47WRKgz4VnXgYIDVfLq0JIx5KVJK9VqE4a9HqBHC1vhIjXMsHnDmTcqL2jS5YNSfV3OYxD0tevRfgdA8IFVlcdX0z3hawNOAnZwvBtorr0Z3g-ru0cXIEahE6GIJVFduTJEsm9fWDbirD7aHvsCZvSl4TGEisAZrCnqiEN80vhnkoLLVYedFuWZqLZSlhI3AThc_8ZxpC0uPQ

Jenny Kwan
4h ·
I have received a response from Minister Mendicino regarding my letter sent on July 10th for those looking to reunite with their loved ones through the spousal sponsorship program. The only new measures that have been noted in the response is the extension of deadlines during the pandemic, which I believe fails to address the issue at hand that has existed pre-COVID and has been exacerbated by the pandemic.
The current process is clearly insufficient and is preventing spousesfrom reuniting in a timely manner. This is made evident from the protests that took place in Vancouver and across the country this past weekend, the strong support for the petition that I have sponsored and the countless emails I’ve been receiving from constituents and people from across the country.
In my initial letter, I echoed the calls from separated families who have been advocating for a Special Temporary Resident Visa as part of the spousal sponsorship process. They have proposed very reasonable requirements such as the need to meet certain conditions such as criminality checks, for applicants to pay for the COVID testing and provide plans for quarantine measures. The proposed measures demonstrate that above all else, separated families just want to be able to reunite with their loved ones in a reasonable time frame while waiting for their application to be finalized. Unfortunately, I am saddened to see that the minister’s response doesn't indicate much interest in acting on this very reasonable proposal and I will follow up accordingly.

The full letter response from the minister is in her fb page.
What is the bottom line ?
Is there any final conclusion ?

No, they are not taking interest and it's true.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
A Syed.
Would you please share his name and his or her timeline??
It wil help us to have an idea when our number will come.
Thank you
AoA... I'm at work currently so cannot access facebook but the post is in the spousal sponsorship facebook page.

The person had applied on 1st Feb 2019, received DM on 11th August 2020 and PPR on 12th August 2020. Pakistani applicant.

Regards

Evolemar

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
On application of my relative that I am assisting. He had Decision Made on ECAS around March 16-20 and had Invitiation to Pre Arrival letter around March 14-17. Then Covid happened. His GC Key account never said decision made but ECAS did. Just couple days ago he checked ECAS again and now says In Process instead of Decision Made.
Has their medical expired? and they need to re-do medical?

RisingXPhoenix

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-01-2019
Doc's Request.
23-11-2019
AOR Received.
04-02-2019
File Transfer...
04-10-2019
Med's Request
03-2019 and 03-2020
Med's Done....
18-04-2019 and 04-2020
Passport Req..
13-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-09-2020
AoA... I'm at work currently so cannot access facebook but the post is in the spousal sponsorship facebook page.

The person had applied on 1st Feb 2019, received DM on 11th August 2020 and PPR on 12th August 2020. Pakistani applicant.

Regards
You can add us to this timeline just one day later like today we got ppr YES!!!
After 18 and a bit months Finally! We are so thrilled and inshallah that everyone here can make progress as well. :D

Last edited:

Sarahshen

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I have a feeling after they’ve cleared the backlogs they’re going to send out requests for re-medical. I hope they pick up speed now

Reactions: Sa.Ab