+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Updated on Twitter an hour before

As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)

We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice.

Measures have been put in place to make sure applicants have the time they need to complete all the steps in the application process, including giving their biometrics. Some visa application centres (VACs) are starting to reopen. Applicants can check the website for info on the VAC closest to them, so they can book an appointment to give their biometrics as soon as they’re able.

Learn more: canada.ca/en/immigration…

Last edited:
Reactions: MMateen

MMateen

Nov 28, 2019
This is really frustrating, I am December 2018 applicant and still waiting. They requested 2nd medical in March 2020 and after that nothing.
Yeah, I hear you!, it's really painful and no idea when these restrictions will be ended.
But there is hope now, visa application centers in Pakistan are probably going back to business from Thursday July 2nd,

Canadian Visa Application Center will remain closed until June 30, it's going to be ended today and I don't see if they have extended these safety measures after June 30th.

Let's hope for the best and keep the fingers crossed.

Allah Kareem

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019

As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)

We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice.

Measures have been put in place to make sure applicants have the time they need to complete all the steps in the application process, including giving their biometrics. Some visa application centres (VACs) are starting to reopen. Applicants can check the website for info on the VAC closest to them, so they can book an appointment to give their biometrics as soon as they’re able.

so are they going to start processing spouse applications or no?

MMateen

Nov 28, 2019

Alhumdulillah, so they are going back to business from July 2nd?

Alhumdulillah, it means, Visa Application Centers are going to back to start business ?
If it's true, it's really excellent news.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016

Not sure how this helps us spousal sponsorship folks

rah_2019

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi All,

After a long time today when I check using GCKey, I found there is some change since the status was marked "updated" no changes in detail though so I can call it "Ghost update".

imalik9898

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
I contacted my MP office in Toronto. I sent my application on July 7 2019 (almost a year ago) and medical (done in October 2019) and criminal check had been completed. I got aor2 in Jan 2020 and haven’t heard anything since. My MP contacted immigration to check my file and they haven’t even started the assessment or security check on my husband (living in Pakistan). The same “only critical workers are at LVO and we cannot give any processing times” was in their email. I guess everything is being held back by months! I don’t expect any news about decision made until September now :(

MMateen

Nov 28, 2019
I contacted my MP office in Toronto. I sent my application on July 7 2019 (almost a year ago) and medical (done in October 2019) and criminal check had been completed. I got aor2 in Jan 2020 and haven’t heard anything since. My MP contacted immigration to check my file and they haven’t even started the assessment or security check on my husband (living in Pakistan). The same “only critical workers are at LVO and we cannot give any processing times” was in their email. I guess everything is being held back by months! I don’t expect any news about decision made until September now :(
Ohhh that sound doesn't seem good

Allah Kareem

Shani9925

Aug 28, 2019
I m on same boat girl I m may 2019 applicant last email my wife got is soon you will get passport request haven't heard anything since March so wait it's cz this Covid shit plus we got stuck in Toronto can't even go lol