+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

canucks2014

Sep 5, 2014
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

maddyd2000 said:
My son was born on 30th may 2012 .. the citizenship rules were changee by then and thats why i am sponsoring him and hes not entitled to direct citizenship.
What im asking is how long does certificate of citizenship take once applied for.. and after rcving it how long does it take for the passport to arrive.. also do u need to stay in canada until u have the certificate or u can travel back and forth?
I am not very clear on this. If your son is not entitled for Canadian Citizenship then why are you inquiring about Citizenship Certificate? If your son was born in Pakistan and you had PR status then he will be added as a dependent to your wife's existing sponsorship application.
If your son was born in Pakistan AND you were a Canadian Citizen AND you acquired your citizenship either through sponsorship or by being born in Canada, then you can apply for his Citizenship Certificate at Canadian embassy, Islamabad.
When I applied for my son's certificate, the process took about 8-9 months.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

canucks2014 said:
Not entirely true. As soon as I got sponsorship approval, I had my wife apply for TRV (visitor's visa) and was granted a 4-year multiple entry visa. She visited me in Canada and went back after 5 months. She is now here on PR (total process took about 20 months).

They are not giving TRVs to everyone who applies, just do your due diligence in presenting a strong case as to why she would want to go back (ties back to Pakistan), emphasis on travel history (if any) plus your reasoning for inviting her, funds available during her stay, visitor's insurance etc.

There is hope after all. May you all have a very speedy and stress free sponsorship process.
INSHA ALLAH.
That is why I left a .10% for people who get TRVs :). The point was the hope of getting a TRV are pretty slim in normal circumstances. Also his sponsorship case is near completion too one year have passed already.

ahmadbilal_85

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015, May 2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
July 2014
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
15 June
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
30 June
VISA ISSUED...
30 June
LANDED..........
1 year time to land :)

hhafiz said:
ahmadbilal.... Have you checked (with VFS) if your PP came back with Visa stamped on it?
Yup alhamdolillah.. i got my passport back with visa today.. it was hard for me to believe as it got processed in 4 working days.. Best of luck to all of you guys!

tough2deal

Oct 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 03,2014
AOR Received.
june29,2014
Med's Request
Aug 10,2015
Med's Done....
Aug12,2015
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting

sulemanmirza said:
Thanks for typing outside the quote :). Remedical can be done anywhere but needs to be done by a cic approved Panel physician of that city. Visa visa always get rejected specially in case of wife. As they think she will not go back when her visa period ends. Chances of rejection are 99.90 %, I would say don't even waste your energy on it.

Sorry, i am trying to learn about this site.. i agreed to my other friend, they do not issue the visitor visa to everyone but if you provide them security and you been in clean Canadian system you should get the visitor visa.

I applied for my wife visitor visa after submitting her application and she got it in 1st attempt. She stayed with me in Canada 5 months and some days. She went back because I thought they would ask for her re-medical plus her six months were about to end. I am trying to find out if I should let her to wait little longer there or tell her to come back since she has valid visitor visa till 2018.If I am able to do her re-medical from Canada I would book the ticket. Thank you alot life saver

MMMEEESSS

Jun 29, 2015

@sulemanmirza

bro ur case is somehow similar to my friend.In her remed she told them about her ezpctd delivery date .She had to wait then for 6 mnths almost for PPR aftr baby birth. Then LVO requstd her to submit baby birth certificaate , and Bform. after receivng that she got Ppr and visa.

so i thnk now near to ur wife ezpctd dates they wil demand u baby's documents. and id u got PPR before inshAllah then u have to write them again about ezpctd date and new request for mothr & baby both.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013

guys this is off topic but can some one confirm if a child is born in canada n went to pakistan on pakistani passport n doesnt have the canadian passport can the child come back on pakistani passport along with the birht certifcate or will the baby need visa on the pakistani passport to enter canada?

canucks2014

Sep 5, 2014

maria_786 said:
guys this is off topic but can some one confirm if a child is born in canada n went to pakistan on pakistani passport n doesnt have the canadian passport can the child come back on pakistani passport along with the birht certifcate or will the baby need visa on the pakistani passport to enter canada?
Maria_786,
Your baby will either require a Canadian passport (Limited Validity Passport / LVP or a regular one) or some sort of Facilitation Visa if over 2 years old. Second, Immigration will not let the baby board the flight to Canada at Pakistani airport without one of above.

The baby being a Canadian citizen, cannot have a visitors visa on Pakistani passport. You might be able to get a Facilitation Visa (if over 2 years old) to gain entry.

I recommend getting Canadian passport at your earliest. Please do confirm.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013

canucks2014 said:
Maria_786,
Your baby will either require a Canadian passport (Limited Validity Passport / LVP or a regular one) or some sort of Facilitation Visa if over 2 years old. Second, Immigration will not let the baby board the flight to Canada at Pakistani airport without one of above.

The baby being a Canadian citizen, cannot have a visitors visa on Pakistani passport. You might be able to get a Facilitation Visa (if over 2 years old) to gain entry.

I recommend getting Canadian passport at your earliest. Please do confirm.
no the child is under 2 yrs. what if one parent is canadian citizen n other is PR n baby is under 2 with only pakistnai passport n canadian birth certificate?

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ahmadbilal_85 said:
Yup alhamdolillah.. i got my passport back with visa today.. it was hard for me to believe as it got processed in 4 working days.. Best of luck to all of you guys!
Congrats buddy..... That's awesome u got in 4 working days.
What date u exactly submitted your passport?
Which vfs location sent ur passport to Canadian embassy, Islamabad?
What's your ecas is showing, DM?
Have u ordered notes?

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

Average passport return time for applicants submitting through Islamabad VAC, anyone?

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

ahmadbilal_85 said:
Congratulations! Did you submit through islamabad VAC?

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

adilsulaiman said:
Average passport return time for applicants submitting through Islamabad VAC, anyone?
I have seen applicants receiving their PP between 2 to 3 weeks, and some in a month, but for ahmadbilal Mashallah he received in 4 days. Looks like Islamabad embassy is also speeding up the process. Lets hope for the best.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

tough2deal said:
Sorry, i am trying to learn about this site.. i agreed to my other friend, they do not issue the visitor visa to everyone but if you provide them security and you been in clean Canadian system you should get the visitor visa.

I applied for my wife visitor visa after submitting her application and she got it in 1st attempt. She stayed with me in Canada 5 months and some days. She went back because I thought they would ask for her re-medical plus her six months were about to end. I am trying to find out if I should let her to wait little longer there or tell her to come back since she has valid visitor visa till 2018.If I am able to do her re-medical from Canada I would book the ticket. Thank you alot life saver
Medicals can be done in Canada. She can also extend her stay as a visitor in Canada after 5 months by applying.
CIC website has details. Apply at least a month before stay time expiry.
She can even get her visa/COPR from Ottawa if she is in Canada at time of PPR...many have done this

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

maria_786 said:
no the child is under 2 yrs. what if one parent is canadian citizen n other is PR n baby is under 2 with only pakistnai passport n canadian birth certificate?
Apply for a Limited Validity Passport for the child.
You can make urgent request and submit copy of the plane ticket.

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

maddyd2000 said:
My son was born on 30th may 2012 .. the citizenship rules were changee by then and thats why i am sponsoring him and hes not entitled to direct citizenship.
What im asking is how long does certificate of citizenship take once applied for.. and after rcving it how long does it take for the passport to arrive.. also do u need to stay in canada until u have the certificate or u can travel back and forth?
I am confused, not entitled to direct citizenship?
Is the sponsor a Canadian Citizen?
Was the child born in Pakistan or Canada?