waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Dear Friends

I am planning to file application for my wife & daughter.
I stayed in Canada from (1st May 2016 to 7th September 2016) worked for 6 days (temporary job) during my stay.

Since I came back and now planning to go back, I didn't file my tax returns as I was not in Canada.
would that be an issue considering I worked for only 6 days and there was not much income to declare.

Also what common mistakes can be avoided during filing application to avoid delays.

Regards

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and went through this thread. I really appreciate how members help one another. Here is my TL from GCKey:
Application Received: March 15, 2019.
Background Check: Your background is under process. We will send you mail if we need further information.

As i went through the thread, members go through BGc after medical. However, mine is initiated immediately. Can some one explain this to me?
If your case has not transferred to your VO, then your application is being processed in Mississauga. It will be a quick process for you

daniam

May 2, 2019
If your case has not transferred to your VO, then your application is being processed in Mississauga. It will be a quick process for you
Thank you. Has it ever happened before where case is not transferred to VO and instead it is processed in Mississauga?

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
ALHUMDULILAH DECISION MADE : )

File received March 16 2018
Medical request May 1 2018
Medical accepted May 4 2018
File started processing June 28 2018
Additional documents request on February 21 2019
Decision Made April 17 2019
Passport submitted on April 18 2019 to VFS Global Dubai.

I pray that who all are waiting get their PR very soon InshAllah!

NOTE: If you are close to your 12 months deadline OR if you have crossed your deadline and haven't heard anything from LVO, I would highly recommend you to get in touch with your area MP. It does help a lot guys.

All the very best!

Last edited:

Has_You

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
It took exactly 13months for my application even though my case was simple and straight forward with no red flags

Passport submitted on April 18 2019 to VFS Global Dubai. Still waiting for it. ( God knows whats taking so long )

NOTE: If you are close to your 12 months deadline OR if you have crossed your deadline and haven't heard anything from LVO, I would highly recommend you to get in touch with your area MP. It does help a lot guys.

All the very best!
Congrats and happy life

oyazds2

Mar 25, 2019
Salam Everyone,

Is there any applicant from Jan 2018 who is still in case processing? My application has been received on 12 Jan 2018. last update after medical and other things was for additional documentation that was on 31 Oct 2018. I provided all of that. In addition i sent them other supporting documents as my visit to my wife in Jan 2019. I even told them about my wive's pregnancy and sent them complete report through web form but still nothing. I approached my MP which provided me the same status that its in process and asked me to wait till end of month. this is so frustrating. i don't know what are they doing with the application. Any ideas or suggestions? its a very simple case both first marriage. Please let me know if there are others like me or is it just me.

Thank you,

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
It took exactly 13months for my application even though my case was simple and straight forward with no red flags

Passport submitted on April 18 2019 to VFS Global Dubai. Still waiting for it. ( God knows whats taking so long )

All the very best!
Congtats! When did you receive your pre arrival?

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018

All the very best!
Also did they tell you before when you have to land? when does your medical expire?

Reactions: Has_You

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
The letter recieved says my PR documents will be valid for 1 year from date of ur medical.
you did your medical last May so your medical should be expired in May 2019 too. How can you guarantee you can receive your passport back and land in Canada just in a few days in May?:eek:

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
you did your medical last May so your medical should be expired in May 2019 too. How can you guarantee you can receive your passport back and land in Canada just in a few days in May?:eek:
Well I think LVO is aware of my medical expiration. I am sure it mean 1year from now the time i receive PR. They are not stupid. The passport itself takes within 4weeks to come :rolleyes:

Reactions: Has_You

Mustafa212

May 5, 2019
Hi all,

I received my passport with PR visa after spousal sponsorship a week ago and have done my ticket for canada. But unfortunately my passport got damaged . I’ve got my passport replaced and now need suggestion as to how to proceed. Am I supposed to transfer the visa to the new passport and if so how? I called the VFS and they said I need to email the high commission of canada in Islamabad but its been more than a week and I have not heard back from them. They do not pick up the calls either. I would really like any information anyone has on this or any way to contact the high commission. This is the worst scenario possible and Im very stressed out. My flight is in less than two weeks but I dont know what will happen. Ive got all the paperwork and COPR the damaged and new passport but if I can’t get a hold of anyone in Islamabad I don’t know what else I can do.
By the way, I’ve seen some forums where people have renewed their passport after visa but it has mixed answers. Some say you can take both passports and will be allowed to travel and enter canada. Is that true? Or what Im thinking-visa needs to be on new passport the right thing to do?

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Last edited:

TRUE LOVE

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi all,

I received my passport with PR visa after spousal sponsorship a week ago and have done my ticket for canada. But unfortunately my passport got damaged . I’ve got my passport replaced and now need suggestion as to how to proceed. Am I supposed to transfer the visa to the new passport and if so how? I called the VFS and they said I need to email the high commission of canada in Islamabad but its been more than a week and I have not heard back from them. They do not pick up the calls either. I would really like any information anyone has on this or any way to contact the high commission. This is the worst scenario possible and Im very stressed out. My flight is in less than two weeks but I dont know what will happen. Ive got all the paperwork and COPR the damaged and new passport but if I can’t get a hold of anyone in Islamabad I don’t know what else I can do.
By the way, I’ve seen some forums where people have renewed their passport after visa but it has mixed answers. Some say you can take both passports and will be allowed to travel and enter canada. Is that true? Or what Im thinking-visa needs to be on new passport the right thing to do?

Any help is sincerely appreciated.
You can go to Canadian high commission islamabad and request their they should be able to help you don’t waste time and get stressed just go tommarrow morning like 9 am and I guess they will help you

Mustafa212

May 5, 2019
You can go to Canadian high commission islamabad and request their they should be able to help you don’t waste time and get stressed just go tommarrow morning like 9 am and I guess they will help you
Yes, I will be going tomorrow. But I did hear that they dont allow you to enter just randomly.