Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
I guess lvo treats differently when main applicant is husband and the sponsor is wife.
yes right...one Guy (PA) was called for an interview and his wife (Sponsor) was not even with him at the time of interview..and that guy was offered VISA on the day of his interview and his passport got stamped same day ...Masha Allah..
one more guy same day got the visa right after his interview.

SoniAZ

Apr 17, 2017
Hi all,

I got my stamped passport back along with COPR. I have booked the tickets as well.
Do I have to get polio shots or get a health card before I go ?
Also, Ill first land in Vancouver and then Ill go to Edmonton. My question is : Am I going to have my immigration in Vancouver or Edmonton ?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi all,

I got my stamped passport back along with COPR. I have booked the tickets as well.
Also, Ill first land in Vancouver and then Ill go to Edmonton. My question is : Am I going to have my immigration in Vancouver or Edmonton ?

Vancouver and you do health card in alberta

Reactions: Mariner2paki

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Hi all,

Congrats !
Health card will be issued in Canada .

Reactions: SoniAZ

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Once I am there then ill have to get my health card, right ?
Or am I supposed to get my health card from Pakistan?

for health card in alberta takes 3 months and i suggest you do is travel insurance. once you land you do landing interview in yvr or vancouver airport with copr once in Edmonton get your sin and health card with the copr it takes 3 months cause your new to canada that is what travel insurance for just case until alberta health card kicks in

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received Procedural Fairness Letter

• I note that this is your sponsor’s second marriage. You have submitted a divorce certificate issued by the Union Council but you have not submitted any documents to demonstrate that your sponsor’s divorce was registered with the civil or legal authorities in Pakistan at the time of the divorce. Although a man in Pakistan may be married to more than one woman at a time, polygamous marriage is not legal in Canada, and to meet the definition of marriage as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, your marriage must be valid in the country in which it took place (Pakistan) and in Canada.
  • Please submit copies of all of the Union Council notices of reconciliation/divorce which were sent to your sponsor during the divorce process. Please also include an explanation, in your own or your sponsor’s words, of the process followed in your sponsor’s divorce, including names of who initiated each stage of the divorce and dates each stage of the process was completed.

With the application I submitted “Divorce Registration Certificate” issued by NADRA and it has a stamp below which says SECETARY Office of Union Council. Also with that I submitted the Divorce Deed titled “DIVORCE ON DEMAND/BY WAY OF KHULA”

Looks like CIC is asking me (sponser) to provide reconciliation notices however my case was Khula and not divorce, so for Khula there isn’t any 3 notice. Has anyone been in similar situation?

• You do not appear to meet these requirements because I am concerned with the lack of evidence of continuous communication between you and your sponsor. The absence of evidence to show ongoing and meaningful communication since your marriage is a concern as such evidence is important in ensuring that a relationship has been maintained. The application also lacks evidence of any joint assets or financial support. In the absence of this evidence, I have concerns regarding the bona fide of the relationship.

I had submitted 2 joint bank accounts letter to CIC when submitting application. Also I submitted 7-8 video chat call logs from Whatsapp at that time. A few months back I sent CIC voluntarily Whatsapp snapshots in a PDF file (66 pages in total and 1 snapshot per page – 3-4 snapshots per month). Also I sent them wire transfer slips which says I transferred more than 15 thounsand USD to my wife’s (joint bank account with me) in Pakistan.

Maybe the person did not attach these to the case files.. still they think there is no meaning full communication and financial support. I am thinking of now getting bank statement of 1 year from Pakistani bank ( PKR and USD ) and submit it to CIC , the only concern I have is that there is bigger money in there. Maybe more than 30K USD and they might take it as negative that why was a person from Canada sending this much money to her wife.

Advise please.Has anyone been in similar situation?

Last edited:

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Once I am there then ill have to get my health card, right ?
Or am I supposed to get my health card from Pakistan?
i want to add to Carol's note above .. get your hubby to sign u up on his health insurance through his company .. for example, i have insurance through my company and as soon as my hubby will land in Canada, he will be covered for all his medical concerns through my insurance .. otherwise you will have to pay for everything, just like you do in Pakistan and that can get costly really quickly! do pass this info off to your hubby .. he would know better on how to proceed .. ask him to talk to the HR department in his company if he is unsure on how to proceed .. Good luck! :)

p.s. Edmonton is a beautiful place to live! you will love it .. it's like you are living in the northern areas of Pakistan .. :)

Green212

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
We received Procedural Fairness Letter

• I note that this is your sponsor’s second marriage. You have submitted a divorce certificate issued by the Union Council but you have not submitted any documents to demonstrate that your sponsor’s divorce was registered with the civil or legal authorities in Pakistan at the time of the divorce. Although a man in Pakistan may be married to more than one woman at a time, polygamous marriage is not legal in Canada, and to meet the definition of marriage as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, your marriage must be valid in the country in which it took place (Pakistan) and in Canada.
  • Please submit copies of all of the Union Council notices of reconciliation/divorce which were sent to your sponsor during the divorce process. Please also include an explanation, in your own or your sponsor’s words, of the process followed in your sponsor’s divorce, including names of who initiated each stage of the divorce and dates each stage of the process was completed.

With the application I submitted “Divorce Registration Certificate” issued by NADRA and it has a stamp below which says SECETARY Office of Union Council. Also with that I submitted the Divorce Deed titled “DIVORCE ON DEMAND/BY WAY OF KHULA”

Looks like CIC is asking me (sponser) to provide reconciliation notices however my case was Khula and not divorce, so for Khula there isn’t any 3 notice. Has anyone been in similar situation?

• You do not appear to meet these requirements because I am concerned with the lack of evidence of continuous communication between you and your sponsor. The absence of evidence to show ongoing and meaningful communication since your marriage is a concern as such evidence is important in ensuring that a relationship has been maintained. The application also lacks evidence of any joint assets or financial support. In the absence of this evidence, I have concerns regarding the bona fide of the relationship.

I had submitted 2 joint bank accounts letter to CIC when submitting application. Also I submitted 7-8 video chat call logs from Whatsapp at that time. A few months back I sent CIC voluntarily Whatsapp snapshots in a PDF file (66 pages in total and 1 snapshot per page – 3-4 snapshots per month). Also I sent them wire transfer slips which says I transferred more than 15 thounsand USD to my wife’s (joint bank account with me) in Pakistan.

Maybe the person did not attach these to the case files.. still they think there is no meaning full communication and financial support. I am thinking of now getting bank statement of 1 year from Pakistani bank ( PKR and USD ) and submit it to CIC , the only concern I have is that there is bigger money in there. Maybe more than 30K USD and they might take it as negative that why was a person from Canada sending this much money to her wife.

Advise please.Has anyone been in similar situation?
This is exactly the kind of pfl I got, the wording is the same as well. You need to resend the divorce certificate and the khula deed along with any other papers like when the khula was filed etc. Explain that because it was khula, there are no reconciliation notices. Although I believe there was one notice sent asking the other party to show up in court as a final chance before divorce certificate was issued.
I was also asked to send in communication proof etc even though I had already voluntarily sent it. I guess it was never attached to the file. Resend it. Highlight as much meaningful info as possible like chatting about first anniversary, any gifts sent etc. I sent screenshots of whatsapp conversation along with skype video logs. I got pre arrival a week after. Dont worry!

SoniAZ

Apr 17, 2017
This is exactly the kind of pfl I got, the wording is the same as well. You need to resend the divorce certificate and the khula deed along with any other papers like when the khula was filed etc. Explain that because it was khula, there are no reconciliation notices. Although I believe there was one notice sent asking the other party to show up in court as a final chance before divorce certificate was issued.
I was also asked to send in communication proof etc even though I had already voluntarily sent it. I guess it was never attached to the file. Resend it. Highlight as much meaningful info as possible like chatting about first anniversary, any gifts sent etc. I sent screenshots of whatsapp conversation along with skype video logs. I got pre arrival a week after. Dont worry!
i want to add to Carol's note above .. get your hubby to sign u up on his health insurance through his company .. for example, i have insurance through my company and as soon as my hubby will land in Canada, he will be covered for all his medical concerns through my insurance .. otherwise you will have to pay for everything, just like you do in Pakistan and that can get costly really quickly! do pass this info off to your hubby .. he would know better on how to proceed .. ask him to talk to the HR department in his company if he is unsure on how to proceed .. Good luck! :)

p.s. Edmonton is a beautiful place to live! you will love it .. it's like you are living in the northern areas of Pakistan .. :)
Thanks..

sahar999

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
13-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017
Hi all,

Congratulations! I don't know about the polio shot or health card, but I'm pretty sure, you will have your immigration in Vancouver as that is the first port you enter in Canada. Hope this helps. :)

sahar999

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
13-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017

Truly is a beautiful place to be - especially in Summer and Autumn :)