London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
December 19th 2014 - Rukhsati letter
Nomination.....
March 18th 2015 - Approved and Visa Issued Alhamdulilah!
AOR Received.
Janurary 27th 2014 via email
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
July 31st 2013 - Expired - Re-medical - February 19th 2015
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........
May 26th 2015 Alhamdulilah!! Best day of my life!
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

arslan527 said:
Thanks Sponsorfa27!

Seems like as long as we set up appointment within 7 days we are good.!
It helps if you write "ASAP please", both medicals i got replies quicker like that. Even without that they work pretty good there. :) Good Luck!

adilsulaiman

Aug 9, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-14
Doc's Request.
Got original docs back - 08-July-15
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-July-14
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
July-14
Med's Request
2-Feb-15
Med's Done....
13-Mar-15
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
17-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-July-2015
LANDED..........
-

sponsorfa27 said:
Question for senior members:

When do you receive the permanent residence card? At the airport?
No, airport immigration only issues a landing paper which you must take to Service Canada. Service Canada issue a SIN on the spot but they mail your PR card later when it is ready. You should get all these instructions from the immigration officer at the airport. Which province are you headed for?

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........

adilsulaiman said:
No, airport immigration only issues a landing paper which you must take to Service Canada. Service Canada issue a SIN on the spot but they mail your PR card later when it is ready. You should get all these instructions from the immigration officer at the airport. Which province are you headed for?
Its my husband, and ontario

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

sponsorfa27 said:
Question for senior members:

When do you receive the permanent residence card? At the airport?
No at air port u fill out a form given by immg rep. pr is sent by mail at the address u provide them on aitport

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........

rrhhdd said:
No at air port u fill out a form given by immg rep. pr is sent by mail at the address u provide them on aitport
Thanks

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

This is likely the form they will have you fill out.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

fab758

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/06/2009
Doc's Request.
01/03/2012
AOR Received.
09/01/2013
File Transfer...
06/12/2012
Med's Request
22/06/2013 second 16/06/2014
Med's Done....
12/07/2013 second 17/07/2014
Passport Req..
16/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2015

Mercy24 said:
This is likely the form they will have you fill out.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf
I don't think so she need to fill above form. they send PR automatically once it ready to address mentioned on Landing paper if there is no address then they ask at sport so keep Spouse Canadian address handy.

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

fab758 said:
I don't think so she need to fill above form. they send PR automatically once it ready to address mentioned on Landing paper if there is no address then they ask at sport so keep Spouse Canadian address handy.
I second that..! They ask your sponsor's correct address and mail the PR card, for mine it took them 6 months to send it, till then landing paper is your PR.

Mar 26, 2015

Hello,

I have accessed this forum many times to look for guidance but this is my first time posting about our case. My spouse and I submitted our Spousal Sponsorship/Permanent Residence applications in December 2012. I was approved as the sponsor one month later in Jan. 2013, my Spouse's medical was received. In the fall of 2013 my spouse's "original documents (i.e. birth certificate, secondary school diplomas, etc) were returned to her.

In August 2014 we submitted a request for GCMS (electronic) notes for our case. The following month, we received a letter from the High Commission in Islamabad requesting us to update some of the PR application forms and provide updated photographs supporting our on-going relationship. We promptly replied and mailed the updated forms and photos to the address stated on the letter we received (High Commission in Islamabad).

In October 2014, we received an email update from ATIP stating that our request for GCMS notes could not be completed within the 30 day period, and an extension of up to 60 days was granted. Following the 60 day extension, we received no reply and as per the instructions on the email we submitted a polite complaint requesting that our GCMS case notes be sent to us. In January 2015 we received a written letter from ATIP acknowledging that the complaint had been received and they would be in contact shortly. In February I emailed the CIC office in London (handling Spousal Cases for Pakistan) requesting if they could confirm if our case was in London, and if they received the update that was requested by the Islamabad High Commission office.

To date, we have received no response regarding the Update we provided to the Islamabad High Commission, we have received no GCMS notes, it has been 2 months and we have not received a reply from the London office. I am unsure of which office is handling our case. It has been 27 months since our application was initially filed.

Both my spouse and I are trying our best to be patient, but the lack of information provided to us about the status of our case is very concerning. Many members on this thread have detailed information about when their file was transferred to Islamabad and other milestones in the processing of their case. The only information that I am sure of is that my sponsorship was approved 26 months ago.

Any information/advice regarding if this is normal for a PR case, or how to get some information about the location of our case would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M. Hasan

Sep 18, 2014

salam-ul-salam said:
Hello,

I have accessed this forum many times to look for guidance but this is my first time posting about our case. My spouse and I submitted our Spousal Sponsorship/Permanent Residence applications in December 2012. I was approved as the sponsor one month later in Jan. 2013, my Spouse's medical was received. In the fall of 2013 my spouse's "original documents (i.e. birth certificate, secondary school diplomas, etc) were returned to her.

In August 2014 we submitted a request for GCMS (electronic) notes for our case. The following month, we received a letter from the High Commission in Islamabad requesting us to update some of the PR application forms and provide updated photographs supporting our on-going relationship. We promptly replied and mailed the updated forms and photos to the address stated on the letter we received (High Commission in Islamabad).

In October 2014, we received an email update from ATIP stating that our request for GCMS notes could not be completed within the 30 day period, and an extension of up to 60 days was granted. Following the 60 day extension, we received no reply and as per the instructions on the email we submitted a polite complaint requesting that our GCMS case notes be sent to us. In January 2015 we received a written letter from ATIP acknowledging that the complaint had been received and they would be in contact shortly. In February I emailed the CIC office in London (handling Spousal Cases for Pakistan) requesting if they could confirm if our case was in London, and if they received the update that was requested by the Islamabad High Commission office.

To date, we have received no response regarding the Update we provided to the Islamabad High Commission, we have received no GCMS notes, it has been 2 months and we have not received a reply from the London office. I am unsure of which office is handling our case. It has been 27 months since our application was initially filed.

Both my spouse and I are trying our best to be patient, but the lack of information provided to us about the status of our case is very concerning. Many members on this thread have detailed information about when their file was transferred to Islamabad and other milestones in the processing of their case. The only information that I am sure of is that my sponsorship was approved 26 months ago.

Any information/advice regarding if this is normal for a PR case, or how to get some information about the location of our case would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
[/quo

Sorry to hear that. I can't imagine being apart from my spouse for that long. Some senior members may be able to shed more light on this matter but I would recommend talking to your MP. I

PPrince1

Oct 25, 2014

salam-ul-salam said:
Hello,

Thanks
TALK TO YOUR MP ASAP! At this point I would say they are the only ones that can help. I pray that everything is fine with your application but I am not getting a good feeling from what you've said. :(

SamDuos

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
20 May 2014 and 15 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2012
File Transfer...
30 Apr 2014
Med's Request
Re Med 20 May 2014, Add Med 15 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
15 Jun 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 04 Dec 2015, PPR2 23 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17 March 2016
LANDED..........
17 Apr 2016

handsup said:
BG check takes more time in the entire case processing, and it too much depends upon your travle history. Many local depts are involved in it, so it will take bit longer if you have traveled.
Hi, but i visited three countries. one visited before submission of application and other two during processing of application. These two visits i did not updated/informed in my application, can it create problem in processing of my case/application. can anyone elaborate me?pls

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

SamDuos said:
Hi, but i visited three countries. one visited before submission of application and other two during processing of application. These two visits i did not updated/informed in my application, can it create problem in processing of my case/application. can anyone elaborate me?pls
Background check is done for countries where you have stayed for more than 6 months. That is why you have to submit police certificate from those countries. So if you haven't stayed at any place for more than 6 months, it will be ok.

sponsorfa27

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21st 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
February 10th 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
March 18th 2015
Passport Req..
February 10th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 18th 2015
LANDED..........

salam-ul-salam said:
Hello,

Thanks
Contact your MP! They can find out exactly where your file is. They have the access to contact them and speak to someone on the phone.

Secondly, you payed for the GCMS notes right? If you didn't receive them by now, EMAIL them again and say i have payed for these notes and haven't received them yet. and on the status line write ASAP. That had worked several times for. Send the copy to LVO, and the same copy to Islamabad.

By the sounds of it, your file may still be sitting at the Islamabad office because there are still a handful of people, whose files are still sitting there.

MP would be your best bet right now, if your emails are being ignored (which they do a lot) try sending them a letter through post mail. A very kind, detailed letter. Send to both offices and inquire where its at!

Hope you get good news soon. In shaa Allah!

Praying for you!

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014

salam-ul-salam said:
Hello,

Thanks
First of all contact your MP in person in Canada to find out what is going on and that will take maybe 3 days till you have news. Then after that contact Access to Information to remind them of the delay over 60 days. I hope by doing this you will get a good response.... In all the years on this forum I have never heard that the notes taking this long to arrive, I really hope and pray you get news soon In Sha Allah... You can also call the Call Centre in Canada and they can tell you where your case is: 1-888-242-2100.