Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

ushiee88 said:
4 Im planning on having a nikkah and then a reception with like 500 ppl but there wont be any valima or mehndi .. just this reception. will it be enough?
valima and reception are the same thing, are they not?

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

flx2015 said:
Nikah is usually (not always) conducted on the same day as the Rukhsati. Walima is the reception.

Think of it like this:
The girls family host the Rukhsati
The boys family hosts the Walima after the girl has started living with her husband. Walima is usually the next day after the Rukhsati (but not always,mine was 15 days after to match my parents wedding anniversary :)

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

flx2015 said:
I guess you "don't have to" have the Mehndi + Walima since they usually are only interested in the Nikah (signing of the contract) + Rukhsati BUT considering that they "ideally want us to adhere to customs and traditions, I think it would be best to have all the functions : Mehndi, Nikah Rukhsati, Walima + REALLY GOOD HAPPY PICTURES!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Red.Rose said:
I guess you "don't have to" have the Mehndi + Walima since they usually are only interested in the Nikah (signing of the contract) + Rukhsati BUT considering that they "ideally want us to adhere to customs and traditions, I think it would be best to have all the functions : Mehndi, Nikah Rukhsati, Walima + REALLY GOOD HAPPY PICTURES!
+1

unfortunately for pakistani applicants, LVO puts more stock into cultural norms than they do into proof of relationship.

i remember reading about one case from 2014 where the sponsor dated a girl for 4 years before finally marrying her and then sponsoring her. they both provided tons of proof from the four year period, but their file was still put away for "further review" because of two reasons: 1) their marriage was not arranged and 2) they dated before marrying. the total time to process for this case was 14.5 months, and that includes a 3 month delay due to the secondary review that was required.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

Red.Rose said:
Nikah is usually (not always) conducted on the same day as the Rukhsati. Walima is the reception.

Think of it like this:
The girls family host the Rukhsati
The boys family hosts the Walima after the girl has started living with her husband. Walima is usually the next day after the Rukhsati (but not always,mine was 15 days after to match my parents wedding anniversary :)
My rukhsati was held after 3 months of Nikah and then walima after 2 months

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

MN51214 said:
Hello every one,

i want to explain my situation and have some questions if you can reply me. the reply will help me to avoid any delay in documents requests etc etc.
I got married on 9th January 2014 in pakistan and on 19th january i got phone call from my friend in canada that he recieved my letter for citizenship test. i rushed back and passed test, got citizenship and passport in April 2014, then want went back to join my family. i lived with my family for 6 months then october i came back to Canada. in April 2015 i got a baby girl and applied for her documents from NADRA. i visited two times, for two months in april, may then 15 days in november 2015. i again visited pakistan in March April to celebrate my baby birthday. I applied to sponsor my child and wife in March 2016. Following are my questions

1 - In this situation, is my child Canadian National (she born when i was citizen) ? and should i apply for her papers here in canada even she is not here? how to apply can any one help me?

2 - alongwith sponsorship application, i sent all documents in photocopies, Nothing Original. I read on this forum that they need some original documents to process. what original documents they need so that i should send them in time before they they touch my application?

3 - on which address and with which courrier service from pakistan, documents should be sent?

4 - i sent marriage certificate from Nadra but no nikkah nama. after reading this forum i managed to get nikkah nama translated. should i send original nikkah nama with english translation?

5 - last time i visted my wife in march and april, should i send them the stamps on passport of entry and exist in lahore.

6 - My wife is pregnant :) now. Delivary is expected in January 2017. Should i tell it to LVO ?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance to every one who will reply me. it will help me, at least to get my file updated and to delay the process time.
1. This thread can help you, read the last comment http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/baby-born-in-pakistan-of-canadian-father-t227988.0.html

2. I sent original Nikah Namma, Police Certificate and Birth certificate and copies of other documents attested by Notary Public.

3. Address for Additional Documents?

4. You need to send Nikah Namma plus the translation of Nikah Namma. They don't want Marriage certificate from Nadra.

5. Yes send them photos, Stamps, Boarding cards.

6. Congrats and I don't know about it. :D but after delivery you need to send them copy of birth certificate and also updated IMM5406. One of my friend's wife gave birth to their daughter they informed CIC about it and then CIC asked them to send birth certificate and updated IMM5406.

Mahamn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2016
Doc's Request.
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
29-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16 May 2016
Med's Request
14-10-2016
Med's Done....
Re-med Done on 1 Nov 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2017

I got an email from CIC today saying that our application was updated.
All that was changed was the "Passed" in the review of medical results to "Not needed at this time".
It's probably because my husband's medical expired right??
What do you think?

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16

Mahamn said:
I got an email from CIC today saying that our application was updated.
All that was changed was the "Passed" in the review of medical results to "Not needed at this time".
It's probably because my husband's medical expired right??
What do you think?
Yes, happened with me as well. I got the remed request shortly after.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

snowy2015 said:
You will get a DM soon as well inshAllah. My friend got DM a day after remed request.

Mahamn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2016
Doc's Request.
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
29-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16 May 2016
Med's Request
14-10-2016
Med's Done....
Re-med Done on 1 Nov 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2017

snowy2015 said:
Thanks snowy2015! I really hope you get your DM soon inshaAllah!!
Praying for you! :)

Doc123doc

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 4th 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 24th 2015
File Transfer...
Jan 12th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Oct 16th 2015

Hello,

My husband got a remedical request last week of august which he got done early September, do you think its worth it for me to order gmcs notes right now or i should just wait a month in hopes of hearing some good news?

Also, i just noticed in my husbands ECAS the address they have written for him is not his current address, they wrote some other temporary address he resided in tentatively instead of his actual permanent one, what will be the best way to update them and ask them to change it?

Thanks for the help. I hope we all hear some good news soon.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

Doc123doc said:
Hello,

My husband got a remedical request last week of august which he got done early September, do you think its worth it for me to order gmcs notes right now or i should just wait a month in hopes of hearing some good news?

Also, i just noticed in my husbands ECAS the address they have written for him is not his current address, they wrote some other temporary address he resided in tentatively instead of his actual permanent one, what will be the best way to update them and ask them to change it?

Please provide the dates when you receive remed request and when it was done in order to update the spreadsheet.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

Doc123doc said:
Hello,

Usually after remed it takes maximum a month to get ppr.but u can order notes if u want to.it doesnt hurt in any way.u ll get to see some imp things.

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016

Doc123doc said:
Hey, I updated it through Case Specific Inquiry back in June, added some extra pics and documentation. Havent heard back neither is the address updated on ecas. Just make the corresponding email address is correct and on file.

Doc123doc

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 4th 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 24th 2015
File Transfer...
Jan 12th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Oct 16th 2015

F.M said:
Please provide the dates when you receive remed request and when it was done in order to update the spreadsheet.
Remedical request was on August 30th 2016 and medical was done on September 1st 2016.