Med's Done....
01-11-2015
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
none
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

F.M said:
when did you apply? LVO has received approx 300 applications for the month of November so there is a chance that your file is waiting for the turn and soon you will hear something from them.. By looking at the spreadsheet i assume that nowadays they ask for updated documents i.e proof of communication etc from almost everyone in order to process the application no matter you have already provided all the stuff at the time of applying or not. Some of the forum members got document request for those document which they already provided. so get ready in case they ask for documents. If not then you are lucky..wish you good luck.
my application was recieved on november 24th and was transferred to LVO on 3rd feb.
People who applied late in November have already received some response. I have no idea about whats going on :(
I hope everything is fine with my application.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016

hi friends

Need help.

I am a new immigrant landed on 1st may 2016, and want to apply for my wife, i'll get married by September this year for which i'll go back to Pakistan.

New immigrants can apply for their spouse only from within Canada. I have following queries:

1. is this practical if i can send my documents for my wife's immigration from my native country to Canada, and my brother who lives in Canada send the envelope to cic to start the process?

2. The process time showing 2 years time to process spouse application from Pakistan. Are these time lines are followed strictly or process can be completed earlier?

3. Is there any way to bring my wife to Canada earlier while her case remains in process?

Regards

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015

A PR holder should not stay out of Canada for more than a month while his/her spouse visa application is submitted.
During the last year, most of the spouse visa applications have been processed in 6~12 months; Have a look at the link (spread sheet) for the detailed visa processing times. The 2 years processing time shown by CIC is the worst case processing time taken by them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLM1Z1qOBPSwGS9DOfkPRpXY4sLWD6PBr2s5LSBmmfY/edit#gid=2042822624
You can send your application to Mississauga by any means (through your brother or any one else).
Suggestion: At your marriage try to take detailed pictures of all events, this will make your file stronger. Consult this link to prepare your application: https://sites.google.com/site/canpakvisa/

sk540 said:
hi friends

Need help.

I am a new immigrant landed on 1st may 2016, and want to apply for my wife, i'll get married by September this year for which i'll go back to Pakistan.

New immigrants can apply for their spouse only from within Canada. I have following queries:

1. is this practical if i can send my documents for my wife's immigration from my native country to Canada, and my brother who lives in Canada send the envelope to cic to start the process?

2. The process time showing 2 years time to process spouse application from Pakistan. Are these time lines are followed strictly or process can be completed earlier?

3. Is there any way to bring my wife to Canada earlier while her case remains in process?

Regards

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016

AsadA said:
A PR holder should not stay out of Canada for more than a month while his/her spouse visa application is submitted.
During the last year, most of the spouse visa applications have been processed in 6~12 months; Have a look at the link (spread sheet) for the detailed visa processing times. The 2 years processing time shown by CIC is the worst case processing time taken by them.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLM1Z1qOBPSwGS9DOfkPRpXY4sLWD6PBr2s5LSBmmfY/edit#gid=2042822624
You can send your application to Mississauga by any means (through your brother or any one else).
Suggestion: At your marriage try to take detailed pictures of all events, this will make your file stronger. Consult this link to prepare your application: https://sites.google.com/site/canpakvisa/
Thanks alot AsadA for detailed information. I have reviewed the links and found it really helpful. I have further queries:

1. In documents it requires Original Nikah Nama with translation. Do they give the orginal back??
2. Same with Birth Certificate, they are asking for Original.
3. Also It is suggested on web to avoid Only Nikah. Means it should be a complete marriage with Nikah, Rukhsati, Valima Honeymoon etc. I had a plan for nikah only and once she gets Visa then Proper marriage. it seems i need to change this plan??
4. Is there a requirement of Getting assessment of educational document through WES for Wife?
5. there is one thing mentioned "Original Option C Printout" can you please explain?

I would appreciate for the opinion on above queries.

Regards

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16

sk540 said:
Thanks alot AsadA for detailed information. I have reviewed the links and found it really helpful. I have further queries:

1. In documents it requires Original Nikah Nama with translation. Do they give the orginal back??
3. Also It is suggested on web to avoid Only Nikah. Means it should be a complete marriage with Nikah, Rukhsati, Valima Honeymoon etc. I had a plan for nikah only and once she gets Visa then Proper marriage. it seems i need to change this plan??
4. Is there a requirement of Getting assessment of educational document through WES for Wife?
5. there is one thing mentioned "Original Option C Printout" can you please explain?

Regards
1) Apparently they don't require originals anymore apart from the police clearance certificate. Check the updated country specific form for Pakistan and all the instructions on what to provide (whether original or copy) are there.
2) If they require an original document, then they WILL return all the originals they had asked for.
3) Yes, it is best you have a full wedding. If you can't and you decide to just have the nikkah, then my suggestion would be to wait till you get the rukhsati done, and only then apply for spousal sponsorship.
4) No
5) Option C is basically proof of income statement. If you live in QC, you don't have to provide the Option C. If you live elsewhere in Canada, you have to provide it, and all you do is login into your account on the CRA website and print it from there. You call also call CRA up and order a copy for free from there as well. More info here :
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/prffncmsttmnt-eng.html

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

LOVECANADALOVE said:

I got this one at

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/offices-bureaux/contact_consul_contactez.aspx?lang=eng

High Commission of Canada
Consular Services
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London SW1Y 5BJ

this is correct

Can anyone tell which one is correct?? which address should I send DHL?

Thank you

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

This is correct address

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

sk540 said:

I would like to second the view that you should have the rukhsati before applying. I know it doesn't make sense that you will have the rukhsati then send your wife back to her house and then apply but this is the best way to do things. Let your family know so that they understand and don't have any problems/issues BUT IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT to have the Nikah + Rukhsati in order for your application to be processed within the normal times. Sometimes they ask you if you applied with only the nikah to go back and have the rukhsati within 30 days or have your application "rejected". At that stage you don't have an option and trust me, making time and arrangements within such a limited period is very difficult so PLEASE PLEASE have the rukhsati and other functions such as mehndi and walima if possible. And especially take pictures of the rukhsati (when your wife is leaving the hall with the Quran over her head and meeting with family and saying goodbye + nikah signing pictures). Just do these things and everything will run smoothly and you will be glad you did it this way.
Regards

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015

Guys, you know very well, it's very hard to live apart from your spouse (It's always hard, but first few years are more crucial). Now, what would you recommend for people like SK540?
Getting married and then waiting for almost one year to get a visa may make the things very hard.
What if, he goes to Pakistan gets Nikah, takes maximum possible photos, prepares and submits his spouse visa application. According to current trends he should not expect anything in first 9 months.
To be on the safe side he goes back to Pakistan after 5 months of visa file submission, gets rukhsati done and sends the updated status that he has got the rukhsati done and here are the pictures for all of the events. He will be sending these documents before actually Visa office starts working on his file.
This will reduce the wait time i.e. After 4/5 months of rukhsati, he will be getting a visa. OR in other words, before the visa office asks him to do the rukhsati, he will do himself.
These days, for full marriage cases, after 8/9 months of the file submission, visa office is asking for the proof of continuous relationship (pictures for a visit to Pakistan after 4/5 months of the submission of a visa file is the best answer to such a request).

Getting married after 5 months of the visa file submission and sending the pictures will also serve as an answer to proof of continuous relationship request. This scenario will also address all the possible concerns of a visa officer for nikah only case (i.e. rukhsati is done or not yet etc).

Although, all depends on SK540. Can he manage/afford doing all this? Will it be possible for him to get vacations twice in a short time spam from his work place? His family and in laws will help him to manage things on this pattern and may be many more.
Wishing SK540 very best of luck. It's difficult to manage when we are in such a position.

Red.Rose said:
I would like to second the view that you should have the rukhsati before applying. I know it doesn't make sense that you will have the rukhsati then send your wife back to her house and then apply but this is the best way to do things. Let your family know so that they understand and don't have any problems/issues BUT IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT to have the Nikah + Rukhsati in order for your application to be processed within the normal times. Sometimes they ask you if you applied with only the nikah to go back and have the rukhsati within 30 days or have your application "rejected". At that stage you don't have an option and trust me, making time and arrangements within such a limited period is very difficult so PLEASE PLEASE have the rukhsati and other functions such as mehndi and walima if possible. And especially take pictures of the rukhsati (when your wife is leaving the hall with the Quran over her head and meeting with family and saying goodbye + nikah signing pictures). Just do these things and everything will run smoothly and you will be glad you did it this way.
Regards

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016

AsadA said:
Guys, you know very well, it's very hard to live apart from your spouse (It's always hard, but first few years are more crucial). Now, what would you recommend for people like SK540?
Getting married and then waiting for almost one year to get a visa may make the things very hard.
What if, he goes to Pakistan gets Nikah, takes maximum possible photos, prepares and submits his spouse visa application. According to current trends he should not expect anything in first 9 months.
To be on the safe side he goes back to Pakistan after 5 months of visa file submission, gets rukhsati done and sends the updated status that he has got the rukhsati done and here are the pictures for all of the events. He will be sending these documents before actually Visa office starts working on his file.
This will reduce the wait time i.e. After 4/5 months of rukhsati, he will be getting a visa. OR in other words, before the visa office asks him to do the rukhsati, he will do himself.
These days, for full marriage cases, after 8/9 months of the file submission, visa office is asking for the proof of continuous relationship (pictures for a visit to Pakistan after 4/5 months of the submission of a visa file is the best answer to such a request).

Getting married after 5 months of the visa file submission and sending the pictures will also serve as an answer to proof of continuous relationship request. This scenario will also address all the possible concerns of a visa officer for nikah only case (i.e. rukhsati is done or not yet etc).

Although, all depends on SK540. Can he manage/afford doing all this? Will it be possible for him to get vacations twice in a short time spam from his work place? His family and in laws will help him to manage things on this pattern and may be many more.
Wishing SK540 very best of luck. It's difficult to manage when we are in such a position.
Thanks alot "Snowy", "Redrose" & "AsadA" for your input. It seems like going for complete marriage is better option.
Asad has speak for the real concern that i have. Living away from spouse in early days of marriage is the main issue. Maybe that's the sacrifice one has to give.

What are the chances of getting visit visa? I file her case and apply for Visit Visa. Or maybe apply for visit visa first and then file her immigration case. Are there any examples around of people going for this option?

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Off

Yes, we can consider: going for a visit visa (TRV) option. There are examples where people applied for visit visas while they had submitted the spouse visa applications. Unfortunately, the success rate is low.
Even with a low success rate for TRV, I think we should try this.
Again there are different opinions, some favour this idea while others are against.

Favour: You will show that you are putting efforts to spend your time with the spouse even if the visa is refused. This should be taken positively. If you get the TRV issued then there is no doubt that it will affect the application very positively. You will spend time with your spouse in Canada. Security check etc every thing is already clear and when time comes for spouse visa issuance, it will go smooth and fast.

Against: Why to get your visa request refused for nothing. Get a bad point (refusal) in the immigration history. A negative point that visa was refused previously. The visa officer can easily raise concerns that I have doubt that the applicant will return at the expiry of the visit visa, because he/she will be staying with his/her spouse.

sk540 said:
Thanks alot "Snowy", "Redrose" & "AsadA" for your input. It seems like going for complete marriage is better option.
Asad has speak for the real concern that i have. Living away from spouse in early days of marriage is the main issue. Maybe that's the sacrifice one has to give.

What are the chances of getting visit visa? I file her case and apply for Visit Visa. Or maybe apply for visit visa first and then file her immigration case. Are there any examples around of people going for this option?

Nabia23

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016

Did the visa officers die while working on these applications? I know I am March, but ugh thori bohut umeed thi, wo bhi marr rahi hai. #missingmymister :(

rsk8

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (in process)
Med's Request
gawd, thx none!
Med's Done....
31-08-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
none!
Passport Req..
30-06-2016 & submitted 01-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016

Nabia23 said:
Did the visa officers die while working on these applications? I know I am March, but ugh thori bohut umeed thi, wo bhi marr rahi hai. #missingmymister :(
hey! if:
1. u've submitted ample proofs
2. not missed any forms
3. not missed any translations/attesting of docs
4.no potential red flags
5. no interview is meant to be scheduled
6. meds dont expire

u'l most likely hear something at the 8.5-9 month mark counting from the start of ur app. that's the trend these days given the 5-6 points are clear that i mentioned. otherwise, docs request, remeds, interviews can add a month or two to ur file.
i applied end of oct, got cleared outta this blackhole (visa stamped & returned) by mid july. u can do the math :p

safdar000000

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2015
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
none

rsk8 said:
hey! if:
1. u've submitted ample proofs
2. not missed any forms
3. not missed any translations/attesting of docs
4.no potential red flags
5. no interview is meant to be scheduled
6. meds dont expire

u'l most likely hear something at the 8.5-9 month mark counting from the start of ur app. that's the trend these days given the 5-6 points are clear that i mentioned. otherwise, docs request, remeds, interviews can add a month or two to ur file.
i applied end of oct, got cleared outta this blackhole (visa stamped & returned) by mid july. u can do the math :p
hey, lucky you. I was wondering if you had any add documents req?