23-Jul-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 23-Aug-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-Jun-2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Hello, can someone add me on the spreadsheet please. Let the countdown begin! :)

Application received in Mississauga: July 06th, 2016
sponsor approval: N/A
Are you sponsor or applicant: Sponsor
sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Citizen
sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Re-Med request: N/A
Re-med done: N/A
Show "In Process" on ECAS: N/A
Interview: N/A
Decision Made: N/A
PPR: N/A
COPR received in post: N/A
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Lahore
Additional docs requested: N/A

Upfront Medical done: June 03rd, 2016

CofRed

Jan 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 24, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 11, 2016

Landing_PR said:
Sad day - not one DM or doc request.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow! :-X
Well, I think 2-3 Nov Applicants got Doc requests. In some cases they don't send Doc requests if they have all the required documents, which means no news is good news for some people. As for DM, By now it is clear that LVO sends them out in a batch. As Flx said, DMs will most probably be around the end of July.

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017

Assalam o Alaikum everyone.
I will be getting married in September in sha Allah in Pakistan. I have been engaged for more than a year now. I have some questions:

- How important is it to change the last name of my wife-to-be? I want her to keep her maiden name. However, I heard some people tell me that CIC likes if the wife changes her name to take her husband's first name. The second issue with this is my first name being Muhammad, so she wont be taking in my first name, but my last name. So any thoughts on that?

- Secondly, there is a form to be filled by Pakistani nationals named the "Education Background/Work Experience Questionnaire". However, it says underneath that "To be completed by applicants who claim children to be dependents over 22 years of age:". Should we be filling this form (we obviously don't have any kids)?

- Thirdly, in the "Supplementary information form" they ask if the applicant has ever served in any military force or the police. If you answer no, they want an explanation. What explanation is deemed good enough?

- And lastly, is there any minimum wage for the sponsor to be given the green signal to sponsor? I know there is no eligibility criteria for wage, but is there a good enough wage floor that the CIC looks for in the application?

Would highly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance

AustinM2016

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Delivered: 28-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016 (Received by CPC-Miss.)
Med's Done....
Upfront done

W.salam

- How important is it to change the last name of my wife-to-be? I want her to keep her maiden name. However, I heard some people tell me that CIC likes if the wife changes her name to take her husband's first name. The second issue with this is my first name being Muhammad, so she wont be taking in my first name, but my last name. So any thoughts on that?

You don't have to change your wife's last name. It doesn't help/hurt your sponsorship application. You have the option of changing it once she comes to Canada, if you'd like. What you should do, however, is make new CNIC and Pakistani passport for your wife AFTER you get married. On your wife's new CNIC and passport, it will show your full name under "Husband's Name." That should be good enough.

- Secondly, there is a form to be filled by Pakistani nationals named the "Education Background/Work Experience Questionnaire". However, it says underneath that "To be completed by applicants who claim children to be dependents over 22 years of age:". Should we be filling this form (we obviously don't have any kids)?

You don't fill out this form in your situation. Someone can confirm this as well.

- Thirdly, in the "Supplementary information form" they ask if the applicant has ever served in any military force or the police. If you answer no, they want an explanation. What explanation is deemed good enough?

I just said something simple: Academic student, studying. Again, someone can chime in if they have something better, but I don't think this question is a big deal.

- And lastly, is there any minimum wage for the sponsor to be given the green signal to sponsor? I know there is no eligibility criteria for wage, but is there a good enough wage floor that the CIC looks for in the application?

You can be unemployed and still sponsor your spouse. Only time it's a problem, as far as I know, is if you're on welfare. As long as you're not on welfare, you should be fine. Example: a student studying full time with no time to work can still sponsor his spouse. etc.

I hope that helps...Good luck!

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016

Hey does anyone know if there is any chance of getting visit visa if the MP provides a letter stating that ABC is sponsoring XYZ and i(MP)assures that XYZ returns to his/her country when the visa expires?

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

So guys are we going to see more details of our application status from onwards 23 july 2016 ....
Any guesses what would it be like

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

flx2015 said:
we probably won't see any november applicants getting dm/ppr until the end of july. i think december applicants may not see any doc requests until the first week of august.
Don't say that Flx! July just started :'(

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017

Shazzz said:
Hello, can someone add me on the spreadsheet please. Let the countdown begin! :)

Application received in Mississauga: July 06th, 2016
sponsor approval: N/A
Are you sponsor or applicant: Sponsor
sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Citizen
sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Re-Med request: N/A
Re-med done: N/A
Show "In Process" on ECAS: N/A
Interview: N/A
Decision Made: N/A
PPR: N/A
COPR received in post: N/A
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Lahore
Additional docs requested: N/A

Upfront Medical done: June 03rd, 2016
Added.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017

Osama_sidd said:
Assalam o Alaikum everyone.
I will be getting married in September in sha Allah in Pakistan. I have been engaged for more than a year now. I have some questions:

Would highly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance
A good read for your impending marriage: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/marriage-overseas

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017

F.M said:
Hey does anyone know if there is any chance of getting visit visa if the MP provides a letter stating that ABC is sponsoring XYZ and i(MP)assures that XYZ returns to his/her country when the visa expires?
Hey F.M.

Doesn't hurt to have a letter from the MP. However, there are no guarantees with CIC especially for TRVs.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Landing_PR said:
Don't say that Flx! July just started :'(
we're only 3 weeks away till it ends. not too far to go.

khan1001

May 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
06 May, 2016
Doc's Request.
19 November, 2016
AOR Received.
26 May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA - 30 June, 2016
Med's Request
10 Feb, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - 28 March, 2016. Remedical - 22 Feb, 2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017

AustinM2016 said:
W.salam

You don't have to change your wife's last name. It doesn't help/hurt your sponsorship application. You have the option of changing it once she comes to Canada, if you'd like. What you should do, however, is make new CNIC and Pakistani passport for your wife AFTER you get married. On your wife's new CNIC and passport, it will show your full name under "Husband's Name." That should be good enough.

Agree: Changing wife's last name is not really beneficial. Just update her CNIC (SMART CARD now) and Passport to show Husband's name.

When you go to NADRA to update CNIC for her, make sure you update your CNIC as well. Otherwise, in NADRA system, your wife shows married but you won't. It's funny how NADRA works.

Also, try to get Family Registration Certificate (FRC) for SPOUSE and Children from NADRA, which shows you both as Husband and Wife. Additional supportive document to prove Genuine Relationship.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017

flx2015 said:
we're only 3 weeks away till it ends. not too far to go.
I don't like the delay that we are seeing with November. They should be knocking applications out of the park. I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

P.S. You're awfully quiet this week. All ok?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Landing_PR said:
I don't like the delay that we are seeing with November. They should be knocking applications out of the park. I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

P.S. You're awfully quiet this week. All ok?
yeah i'm fine, just busy with work and missing my missy.

and yeah i know the november delay is a little disheartening, but i kinda expected that with the 6 weeks we lost due to the refugee resettlement thing. the only good thing is that if they hadn't rushed the october applicants out of the way, we might have faced an even bigger delay.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017

flx2015 said:
yeah i'm fine, just busy with work and missing my missy.

and yeah i know the november delay is a little disheartening, but i kinda expected that with the 6 weeks we lost due to the refugee resettlement thing. the only good thing is that if they hadn't rushed the october applicants out of the way, we might have faced an even bigger delay.
I know what you mean. Hang in there. Being on this forum makes you realize that you're not alone in this journey.

True but with doc requests for November recently gave me hope that CIC is *finally* working in full gear to make up for the lost time. This quiet week makes me think otherwise. :-X