Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Alhumdulli'Allah Passports dispatched . InshaAllah will get it in a day or two .

jamils2

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

aj_10 said:
Hello everyone:

Alhamdolillah our case has finally reached its end. We successfully landed on 18th June at Peace Bridge. Thanks to everyone here for giving their inputs and feedback which helped us a lot through the entire process. In order to reciprocate, I'd like to focus on two points here so that anyone who faces these issues in future can refer to this because I did not find a straight answer to these anywhere on the forum:

1. Status on ECAS changed from IP to DM and then back to IP
I would say in some cases (like mine) the ECAS system may not give an accurate picture. My sponsorship status never got updated while the PR application status changed to DM. I had DM for almost 3 months and still didnt hear from CIC regarding PPR. While everyone else in the same timeline were getting their PPRs. On sending a CSE, i never got a response back but it shook things up in LVO for sure. After one week my status changed back to IP and then soon I was requested a remedical because my first one expired. And then it was process as usual and took around the same time as other cases who got a remedical request.

2. Changing VO for passport submission after getting PPR
As per PPR, I had to submit passport to Isl VO. But since my wife was with me in Canada on visitor visa, I did not want her to go back to Pakistan for passport submission. The PPR had instructions regarding informing LVO about any changes in circumstances. Considering this to be within the same domain, I sent an urgent email to LVO regarding my situation and within 3 days I got an updated PPR which instructed me to submit passport to Ottawa. This i believe could have been avoided had i updated my wife's Pakistani address on ECAS to my Canadian address. But I'm not sure about that. Something future candidates in my situation may want to consider.

I'm putting in my detailed timeline below for everyone's reference. If admins of the spreadsheet can please update my entry? Thanks.

Hope this helps:

8-Sep-15 : Application Receieved
17-Nov-15 : Sponsor Approval
25-Nov-15 : In Process on ECAS
12-Jan-16 : Decision Made on ECAS
25-Jan-16 : Additional Docs Requested (Passport Photocopy)
2-Feb-16 : AOR of additional docs
15-Apr-16 : CSE sent
26-Apr-16 : Again In Process on ECAS
3-May-16 : Remedical Requested
12-May-16 : Medical Scheduled
19-May-16 : Medical Sent by Clinic
27-May-16 : PPR
30-May-16 : Email sent to LVO to change VO to Ottawa
2-Jun-16 : PPR from Ottawa
6-Jun-16 : Passport received in Ottawa
15-Jun-16 : Passport received with visa (COPR)
18-Jun-16 : Landed

MASHALLAH CONGRATS .

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

HRK said:
I guess they are clearing 2k14 and early 2k15 applicants.. That's what i have seen and observed from the spreedsheet..
That is the backlog dear.. (Not us for them)
There was a very nice momentum until September applicants. For October, it was hit and miss. Now with November, there's no pattern or format.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

HRK said:
I guess they are clearing 2k14 and early 2k15 applicants.. That's what i have seen and observed from the spreedsheet..
That is the backlog dear.. (Not us for them)
not really.

"Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster."

if there is a cutoff date, then it's june 13th. they are obviously not going to leave older apps from 2014 and early 2015 in the dust, because that would be unfair. at the same time, they are not going to forget about late 2015 apps either.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Landing_PR said:
There was a very nice momentum until September applicants. For October, it was hit and miss. Now with November, there's no pattern or format.
yeah, they had a steady pace up until the 3rd week of May, but they've been quiet ever since. my guess is that the reason they went quiet is because they were implementing changes to get ready for this "backlog reduction effort", which in theory should mean that they're aiming to to finalize 25% more applications for this year. they do seem quite serious about this because i'm seeing notices all over the CIC site, but the question now is how much longer until we start seeing results.

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

flx2015 said:
not really.

"Reducing the backlog means complete and straightforward spousal sponsorship applications will be finalized faster."

if there is a cutoff date, then it's june 13th. they are obviously not going to leave older apps from 2014 and early 2015 in the dust, because that would be unfair. at the same time, they are not going to forget about late 2015 apps either.
I wish your words are true rather than mine..
I am desperate to see more dms' now

AsadA

Sep 3, 2015

Canada OutBound spouse visa Applications for applicants from all over the world are submitted to Mississauga for the sponsorship approval. It is well clear that we need to put Pakistan for "Where are you applying from? ".

HRK said:
My husband also applied from in canada.
But i guess it means that were ur spouse is from ie pakistan
Okay talk to ur lawyer and share the insights please
As same is in my case

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Shazif said:
Question for FLX2015

When you check application process times it ask for three questions.

What are you applying for? (required)
Who are you sponsoring? (required)
Where are you applying from? (required)

First two questions are clear. Third question has some issues which i need to have a look by all senior member

How would you reply as to this

In my case i say Canada as i am in Canada and PR Holder and applied for my wife case time period comes 17 months
The moment you change to Pakistan time period come to 26 or 27 months which way to look at .

Kindly all senior member give your insight
if you applied outland then you'll put in "pakistan" for the last question.

i'm not sure why you're looking at the average processing time on their site. london VO rarely takes that long to process an application.

Amna Hayat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2016

flx2015 said:
put your postal code into that link i posted and it will give you two phone numbers and addresses for your mp. you must contact his office using the one labelled "constituency".

it just means that's his local office close to your home.

Hi flx2015 i did call my local mp and she asked me to fill in the consent form and sent it back to her with a piece of a government id, so my question is when do they get back to us..??

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Amna Hayat said:
Hi flx2015 i did call my local mp and she asked me to fill in the consent form and sent it back to her with a piece of a government id, so my question is when do they get back to us..??
it usually only takes them 1-2 days because it's just a simple phone call to the visa office, but sometimes it could take them up to a week if your MP's office is really busy with something else. if you don't hear back from your MP by wednesday, call them back just to remind them.

just a word of warning though: don't be shocked/upset if you hear they haven't begun processing your file yet. none of the november applicants have received any doc requests yet, so my guess would be that you may have to wait until july or august before hearing anything from them (maybe sooner insha allah depending on how well LVO is dealing with their backlog).

Shah006

Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-15
Doc's Request.
11-11-15
AOR Received.
08-06-15
File Transfer...
08-06-15
Med's Request
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting

Guys,

Alhamdulillah I received PPR Yesterday (20th June 2016)
Decision made on same day!!!

Please someone update the spreadsheet

Good luck everyone!!!!

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16

Shah006 said:
Guys,

Good luck everyone!!!!
Masha'Allah congratulations!

Happy to see that the early 2015 applicants getting DM finally :)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Shah006 said:
Guys,

Good luck everyone!!!!
mashallah. i have updated the spreadsheet.

i see three DMs in the past 6 days... good to see LVO gaining momentum again. let's pray they don't lose it again. ;)

i know there's people in october and november 2015 still waiting, but they'll get around to you soon. it would be unfair to the earlier applicants if LVO had just left them in the dust.

ebad12

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/09/2014
Doc's Request.
Additional docs on 05/06/2015
AOR Received.
30/10/2014
File Transfer...
06/11/2014
Med's Request
28/01/2016
Med's Done....
05/02/2016
Interview........
17/03/2016
Passport Req..
06/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/06/2016
LANDED..........
Soon

Gerrys VFS karachi has the most pathetic service they can ever have.

After receivong my passport on 10th June i received a call on 15th June to collect my package. I asked them what is the package about and they said its the application and documents you submitted. I was surprised because those documents are normally returned back to the sponsor address in Canada.

Anyway i went there yesterday and it turned out they mistakenly called me because they didnt removed from there system that ihad collected my passport earlier and they mistakenly called me to collect my passport.

I was so pissed that in roza all the way in heat i had to reach there considering its my documents.

Still pissed.

maryamuman

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015

flx2015 said:
mashallah. i have updated the spreadsheet.

i see three DMs in the past 6 days... good to see LVO gaining momentum again. let's pray they don't lose it again. ;)

i know there's people in october and november 2015 still waiting, but they'll get around to you soon. it would be unfair to the earlier applicants if LVO had just left them in the dust.
Im actually so happy that they are clearing out applicants from early 2015 and even before ...this is giving me hope, the oct, nov and dec applicants are going to hear good news as well inshAllah just pray and be positive guys !!!