Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hello,

I'm submitting a Spouse Sponsorship Application for my wife and I also need to request an Open Work Permit for her.
The PR Application forms ask to physically mail the OWP Application documents however the website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html seems to suggest that you should be applying by paper only in cases of disability or because there is a problem with the online application.

I'm wondering if the PR documents might be outdated? Should I be applying by mail for the OWP or can I apply online?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
You can't apply online for the OWP. You need to send it in te same package as the PR stuff. So what you do is you click on the box that says you have a disability or the box that says there is a problem with the online form. You will be redirected toward another page where you can download the forms, fill them out and print them.

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
You can't apply online for the OWP. You need to send it in te same package as the PR stuff. So what you do is you click on the box that says you have a disability or the box that says there is a problem with the online form. You will be redirected toward another page where you can download the forms, fill them out and print them.
Thank you!
I already paid online for the fees associated with getting a new OWP + Biometrics.
I'm now paying the fees for the PR Application and there's a
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
I also see that they also request biometrics for this. Does this mean I need to pay for two biometrics?

On the other hand, the PR Checklists asks for a single receipt but I could not get a single receipt for both an OWP and an Spousal PR Sponsorship. Will it be ok to submit two receipts, one for the PR and one for the OWP?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Thank you!
I already paid online for the fees associated with getting a new OWP + Biometrics.
I'm now paying the fees for the PR Application and there's a
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
I also see that they also request biometrics for this. Does this mean I need to pay for two biometrics?

On the other hand, the PR Checklists asks for a single receipt but I could not get a single receipt for both an OWP and an Spousal PR Sponsorship. Will it be ok to submit two receipts, one for the PR and one for the OWP?
You pay the biometrics only once. You're supposed to have two receipts at the end, the OWP and the PR.

Reactions: nmuntz

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
One more question - for the OWP should I enter my own UCI or enter my Wife's UCI?