Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Hi,
I got recently married in India and planning to apply for spousal sponsorship for my wife. Due to COVID, we are thinking of cancelling our honeymoon. Wanted to ask if there will be any issue? Do we need to write a letter or something to explain why we didn't go on Honeymoon?

Thanks for the help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I got recently married in India and planning to apply for spousal sponsorship for my wife. Due to COVID, we are thinking of cancelling our honeymoon. Wanted to ask if there will be any issue? Do we need to write a letter or something to explain why we didn't go on Honeymoon?

Thanks for the help.
Was this an an arranged marriage? Did you have a ceremony that would be standard for your cultural/religious beliefs? How much time have you spent together in person living as husband and wife?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Was this an an arranged marriage? Did you have a ceremony that would be standard for your cultural/religious beliefs? How much time have you spent together in person living as husband and wife?
Yes it was an arranged marriage. Our parents introduced us by shortlisting our profiles on a matrimonial website. Then we talked with each other for around an year online.
Yes we have the marriage and engagement ceremonies. I’m in India currently, so it’s close to 2 months that we are living together but soon I will fly to Canada because I need to resume my job. So because of COVID and time limitation I was wondering if it is okay for us if we don’t go on a honeymoon trip? If no, any explanation required?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it was an arranged marriage. Our parents introduced us by shortlisting our profiles on a matrimonial website. Then we talked with each other for around an year online.
Yes we have the marriage and engagement ceremonies. I’m in India currently, so it’s close to 2 months that we are living together but soon I will fly to Canada because I need to resume my job. So because of COVID and time limitation I was wondering if it is okay for us if we don’t go on a honeymoon trip? If no, any explanation required?
If you have lived together for 2 months that is probably ok. Did you meet on 2 separate trips or was this done all at once?

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
If you have lived together for 2 months that is probably ok. Did you meet on 2 separate trips or was this done all at once?
Same trip. Between engagement and wedding there was a gap of 1 day.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
There is a good chance you may need an interview. If restrictions are lifted I would encourage you to visit your spouse again so you have at least 2 visits.
Okay thanks should I wait till that time to file the application?