+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Main Applicant is under with conditional discharge

Jan 29, 2024
Calgary Alberta
Hello!

Can someone please give me an insights here. I am currently under Open Work Permit and my wife is a permanent resident in Canada and we're planning to have a spousal sponsorship. There unfortunate circumstances that I have been obtain a conditional discharge last July 2023 with 18 months of probation.

If we are going to submit an application thru spousal sponsorship stream, do you think it will interfere our application?

Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello!

Can someone please give me an insights here. I am currently under Open Work Permit and my wife is a permanent resident in Canada and we're planning to have a spousal sponsorship. There unfortunate circumstances that I have been obtain a conditional discharge last July 2023 with 18 months of probation.

If we are going to submit an application thru spousal sponsorship stream, do you think it will interfere our application?

Thank you.
See a lawyer.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

Thank you.
Agree with @Armoured95

Since you still have 18 months before your sentence is completed, you most certainly need real legal advice.

Was your OWP obtained before or after the charge and conviction? Since you could very well be deemed to be inadmissible to Canada right now, your OWP could be in jeopardy, but...talk to a lawyer ASAP.

Reactions: YVR123