+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

K87

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi Hussan,
Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. I'm praying to god to get positive decision. I will update once I hear anything from them thanks.
Thanks
K

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Hope NOT :(
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
my interview was completed on jan 16 - security intiated jan 18 - still security in process - hubby is from afghanistan n travelled to china for studies - why is it taking this long for visa my app was sent nov 2015

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Hope NOT :(
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
btw i hve ordered gcm notes n mp - just saying security in process

Dlink514

Sep 8, 2016
Some say 8 weeks but my wife was taking over 10 so I proactively kept in contact with the office. Ended up they were missing something I had already sent them. Once it was cleared up. Passport was requested within 2 days. Good luck

How much time do they take time after interview in both good and bad scenarios ?

Dlink514

Sep 8, 2016
Write them an email and tell them you made an error on the date. Attach supporting documents to show the correct information. I had spelt my wife's name wrong on the application (not as it appeared on her passport). They corrected it for me. Good luck.

It is an honest mistake. Things happened in the end of April and in May but we didnt have exact dates of when these things happened as its hard to put a exact date on when certain things happened.

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Write them an email and tell them you made an error on the date. Attach supporting documents to show the correct information. I had spelt my wife's name wrong on the application (not as it appeared on her passport). They corrected it for me. Good luck.
Hey thanks a lot for the reply! It didn't really matter, I doubt they even noticed. Everything went great and she will soon receive her PP with her visa!:)

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
my interview was completed on jan 16 - security intiated jan 18 - still security in process - hubby is from afghanistan n travelled to china for studies - why is it taking this long for visa my app was sent nov 2015
Sometimes it takes quite a long time as each case is unique!

If your interview was good, just wait patiently for PPR!

Good luck!

Hasan

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
3 months gone after interview n still no ans. Any suggestion what to do now?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi,

Did you obtain latest GCMS notes? If not, please order notes.

Secondly the sponsor should immediately contact local federal MP to get latest status.

Good luck.

Hasan

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi, my wife has an interview on june 13th.
We are a november applicant.
They asked her to bring passport, on going communications and proof that i have visited her.
Which we got that all ready. And more.
But I've noticed some small mistakes on the applications like dates. When i started work and such.
Can someone give me some tips.
I have been reading this thread a lot and its been helpful.
Thanks
Hello Blerton,
Did they keep the passport of your wife at the Visa Office when she finished the interview ?? Because I am in the same situation and I want to know if they will keep the passport with them for stamping the visa or they will keep it with me and requesting the passport another time.

Ruhan

May 5, 2016
Hi ,

If everything goes fine, my wife is going to Canada on coming August (innshaAllah) with study permit. Now, i would like to know,

1. as i have not applied for and TRV or OWP, which one will be a better option for me considering the positive response and processing time?

2. When is the best time to apply for the TRF/ OWP ?

3. When is the best time for my wife to apply for PR at Canada ? Her study period is around 20 Months.

Will be grateful to receive response on this.

Blerton

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Hello Blerton,
Did they keep the passport of your wife at the Visa Office when she finished the interview ?? Because I am in the same situation and I want to know if they will keep the passport with them for stamping the visa or they will keep it with me and requesting the passport another time.
No they did not keep her passport. After the interview they told her we will send you an email with details when we ask for passport request.