+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

Canada_17

May 30, 2017
The interview looked like a good one. You may contact your local federal MP if your husband doesn't get response in 6-8 weeks after interview. Also collect his GCMS notes.

Good luck!

Hasan
Thank you for the response. We are very worried thinking why the interviewer said that it seems like my husband knows little limited about me and my city. Also, I just emailed them my air ticket that I booked today to visit my husband. do u think this can add any value. thank you

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Thank you for the response. We are very worried thinking why the interviewer said that it seems like my husband knows little limited about me and my city. Also, I just emailed them my air ticket that I booked today to visit my husband. do u think this can add any value. thank you
Yes that's a good evidence. Send them some intimate photographs once you are there. Also if you take a pleasure trips send those pictures as well. Before you leave, go to your MP office and try to get some feedback.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi Hasan, my MP confirmed that we have satisfied the officer at our interview and he has no doubts about our marriage. We have also passed the security. The background has started and will take few months. Do you have a rough idea of how long normally the BGC take?
Glad to know your positive result. It was my hunch as well. BGC can take long time if the applicant has a multiple travel history in different countries. Usually you will get response within 6-8 weeks.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi , we just got a request for proof of cohabitation , can anyone please share a sample of the letter they got their friends /family to write for them for the same.
I think they are more interested to see proofs of continuous cohabitation for at least one year in case you're not a married couple. Joint lease agreement for accommodation, joint ownership of property, joint Bank account, tax returns showing same address, utility bills in same address, letter received in same address etc. etc. Letter from your Landlord, neighbor, friends and families may also be submitted. There is no format for the letter as each letter will be unique.

Hasan

Canada_17

May 30, 2017
Yes that's a good evidence. Send them some intimate photographs once you are there. Also if you take a pleasure trips send those pictures as well. Before you leave, go to your MP office and try to get some feedback.

Good luck!

Hasan
I will do that for sure. thanks a lot for the advice. Sorry, I don't have any idea about contacting the MP. Can you please tell me a little more about how to contact the Local MP? do we just go there and ask them about my file? or how does this work?

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
The interview looked like a good one. You may contact your local federal MP if your husband doesn't get response in 6-8 weeks after interview. Also collect his GCMS notes.

Good luck!

Hasan
THanks Hasan. Everything went well! Thanks a lot for all the help!

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Some people send them additional proofs before interview. People even get interview waiver by sending additional relationship proofs.
hI VAIA .. CAN U TELL ME WHAT IS THE ADDRESS FOR SVO TO SEND ADDITIONAL DOCS THEY ASK FOR INTERVIEW ? .. OR IS IT THROUGH THE IRCC WEBFORM .. I THINK I WILL TRY DOING THAT .. AS UM IN CANADA AND UM A STUDENT ..SO LETS GIVE THEM THE DOCS AND ASK FOR A WAIVE .. I CAN DO THAT RIGHT ?

RickyRicky

May 31, 2017
Hi everyone, new user here.
I hope you guys can help me out.

I am in Canada right now. I came with my husband just to submit my OVERSEA's spousal application and study permit.

At the airport, the Border Officer never asked me for the reason behind my visit.
All I was asked was how long I plan to be in Canada.

Recently, my study permit was refused due to credibility.
Immigration Officer said I was not truthful when I came to Canada.
They said I should have told Border Services I planned to study in Canada.

However, I didn't know I had to tell the Border Officer every detail about my stay in Canada.
I honestly thought I had to answer their questions and nothing more.

Was I supposed to tell the Border Officer that I planned to apply for a study permit and spousal sponsorship?

Canada_17

May 30, 2017

Good luck!

Hasan
Thank You. Can you please tell me how can we contact the MP. Do we go in person or email them? Thank You

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi hasan9999
Its been 2.5 months after interview and no reponse from CIC, however yesterday i got my original documents back. What does this mean? Status shows background checks in progress. Am i close to decision???

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
I will do that for sure. thanks a lot for the advice. Sorry, I don't have any idea about contacting the MP. Can you please tell me a little more about how to contact the Local MP? do we just go there and ask them about my file? or how does this work?
Yes just google your local area federal MP and visit/contact with UCI/ file number to request a current status from CIC. Family reunion is a priority policy of Justin Government and they will expedite getting a quick response.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi hasan9999
Its been 2.5 months after interview and no reponse from CIC, however yesterday i got my original documents back. What does this mean? Status shows background checks in progress. Am i close to decision???
That's a good sign as you received back your original documents!

Expect most likely a positive decision soon!

Good luck!

Hasan

Blerton

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Hi, my wife has an interview on june 13th.
We are a november applicant.
They asked her to bring passport, on going communications and proof that i have visited her.
Which we got that all ready. And more.
But I've noticed some small mistakes on the applications like dates. When i started work and such.
Can someone give me some tips.
I have been reading this thread a lot and its been helpful.
Thanks

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Hi, my wife has an interview on june 13th.
We are a november applicant.
They asked her to bring passport, on going communications and proof that i have visited her.
Which we got that all ready. And more.
But I've noticed some small mistakes on the applications like dates. When i started work and such.
Can someone give me some tips.
I have been reading this thread a lot and its been helpful.
Thanks
hi blerton .. would u mind sharing ur timeline .. i just want to have an idea when i will expect my interview ..coz its in queue .. from this forum i read it taked 16-18 monthe to get an interview dates .. i hope they have reduced that time now and doing it early ..

Blerton

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
hi blerton .. would u mind sharing ur timeline .. i just want to have an idea when i will expect my interview ..coz its in queue .. from this forum i read it taked 16-18 monthe to get an interview dates .. i hope they have reduced that time now and doing it early ..
Time line.
Applied in November.
December 13th transfered to VO vienna.
June 1st got an email for interview.
June 13th is the interview.