FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
FairyRaichu said:
I am wondering, I have not received anything about an interview, but if I am from the United States and am currently with my husband in Scarborough, ON where would they probably send me? I can't find it on cic for interview places, and I can't seem to find it now
Well if you are from USA and have submitted your application complying with CIC guidelines, it is most unlikely that you will be called for an interview.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
married_ind said:
I was hoping someone can help me out. My wife has a interview at NDVO (new delhi) in a few weeks.

What kind of questions can she expect? And what does she need to take with her when she goes? What proofs will be useful to prove our case at the interview.
Hi,

Typical interview questions have been posted in the old pages of this thread. You can browse through old pages to have some ideas on expected questions.

In the interview letter they have specifically advised to bring certain documents. Apart from those documents, she can bring any other relationship proofs including recent photos with you, vouchers against payments received from you, recent communication chat logs etc.

The answers must match with what you have submitted to them. Both of you should be on the same page in regard to any questions asked.

Are you attending with her? Did you guys properly address red flags, if any, for which the interview scheduled?

Ask your wife to stay calm, positive and well prepared!

Good luck!

Hasan

TYPICAL QUESTIONNAIRES FROM PAST PAGES:

Quote from: SL_chica on October 25, 2016, 11:57:53 am
Hello everyone,
My husband had his interview yesterday and to help everyone I am posting the interview questions to help anyone facing interviews:
As soon as the interview finished he sent me all the questions so I can post them for you.

What countries have you traveled and where?
where did you go last and why?
since when do you know your sponsor?
where did you first meet?
Did anyone introduce you?
How do you know each other and your families know each other?
For how long does your sponsor live in Canada
How did the sponsor go there? immigrated or born there?
is this the first marriage?
did your sponsor have other relationships prior to you?
How old were you when you first met the sponsor
What type of work does the sponsor do? (
Where does your sponsor live?
How old are you?
How old is your sponsor?
What is your sponsor's name?
What did your parent's say about your sponsor? What was their re-action for marrying a foreigner?
Why didn't your parents do an arranged marriage as per tradition?
Have you had other relationships besides your sponsor?
How do you say your relationship is genuine?
What type of work do you do?
Did your sponsor have to travel for the wedding to your country?
did anyone accompany your sponsor for that?
explain your first ever meeting with your sponsor
where does your sponsor's family live?
what do they do?
who does your sponsor live with?
does the sponsor own or rent?

SAMPLE QUESTIONNAIRES:

(Reply #2784 on: December 08, 2016
my interview ques in high commission of canada on 8th dec, Dhaka)

1. all the updated forms IMM 008, IMM 5406, IMM 5669, pictures recent
2. what do u do ? u still in medical school?
3. why u r unemplyoyed now?
4. what type of exam r u preparing for?
5. where r u living now?
6. what ur husband do now?
7. why u and ur husband went to shanghai?
8. why u went to newyork?
9. why u didnt apply for canada tourist visa? as u traveled shanghai and usa?
10. what is ur age? what is ur husband age?
11. who r present in marriage ceremony?
12. u hav small ceremony marriage why ur parents didnt came?
13. why didnt ur husband married before?
14. is he married before?
15. why he married u ? is it because u r a doctor?
16. what ur husband degrees? from where he did his PHD?
17. which university he is working now?
18. is he a full professor?
19. what specialization ur husband has?
20. in which u r specialize in?
21. if u do usa license exam ll u come to canada?
22. how was shanghai? which places u went there? (officer was in shanghai and he said he never visited shanghai important places)
23. when did u meet?
24. how ur relation developed?
25. where does ur husband lives now?

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AND WHAT TO EXPECT:

Re: Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations
« Reply #794 on: May 09, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

Hello Guys
My wife just had an interview yesterday May 9th 2016. Her interview was from 2 Pm. She had an intense interview. It lasted more than 1.5 hours. After she went in, the officer started asking the questions below. Meanwhile she did a cross reference with her Aunt and her Work place. Both went well. **** This is something completely new****. The officer asked my wife to see her phone. She took her outside to get the phones. She went with her. My wife had 2 phones. The officer went through each and every single pictures in the phone, Text messaged, Viber messages, call records. She also went to her Face book on both phones. My wife has my face book in another phone. She asked why do you have his face book. She had over 3000 pictures and went through all of them and also the hard copy pictures which were like 250 of them. She made the interpreter read the text message and confirm that those are husband wife type text message. She also checked her email inbox and everything. She also said there are not enough messages. My wife said we mostly talk over the viber and I have the bills and proofs. She didn’t want to see. The interpreter confirmed to her that all the messages are ok and they are like couple type messages. Some 6th sense worked in my wife and she deleted all the text that I wrote about the preparation of the interview. She also took my cell number. My uncle was sitting outside. She brought my wife outside and my wife introduced her to my uncle. She only said hi and how are you. My wife asked how my interview was. She said we will verify some more and let you know. She took her police certificate and 3 updated forms. I am assuming she will call me to verify everything. The whole time she was actually looking at my emails I sent them and asking question from there because my wife saw it. In this whole forum I have never seen any officer go through these Face books and pictures in the phone. This was really wired. My wife had good interview. She answered all the questions and cross reference all matched. Only thing now I have to wait to get a call from them or I am hoping to get medical request soon. Please pray for me and good luck to rest of you guys.

************ Advice to everyone. Please make sure you don’t have any text or email which says about preparation of your interview or anything stupid. ******************

1. Sponsor’s Name
2. Your name
3. Why is your husband divorce?
4. Who paid for the wedding and how much
5. Do you have a kid
6. Does your husband have a kid from previous marriage
7. Does your husband still have contact with his Ex
8. Is his ex married again
9. Do you work, where do you work
10. Who went to Maldives ( honeymoon)
11. Where is your mother and younger brother
12. Where do they live
13. Is your older brother married?
14. What does your younger brother does
15. Why does your husband have his ex picture in his Facebook?
16. Where does his ex live
17. Why did you marry him
18. Is his mom alive?
19. How did she die?
20. When is the last time he visited you
21. How long did he stay

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Hi,

Typical interview questions have been posted in the old pages of this thread. You can browse through old pages to have some ideas on expected questions.

In the interview letter they have specifically advised to bring certain documents. Apart from those documents, she can bring any other relationship proofs including recent photos with you, vouchers against payments received from you, recent communication chat logs etc.

The answers must match with what you have submitted to them. Both of you should be on the same page in regard to any questions asked.

Are you attending with her? Did you guys properly address red flags, if any, for which the interview scheduled?

Ask your wife to stay calm, positive and well prepared!

Good luck!

Hasan

TYPICAL QUESTIONNAIRES FROM PAST PAGES:

Quote from: SL_chica on October 25, 2016, 11:57:53 am
Hello everyone,
My husband had his interview yesterday and to help everyone I am posting the interview questions to help anyone facing interviews:
As soon as the interview finished he sent me all the questions so I can post them for you.

What countries have you traveled and where?
where did you go last and why?
since when do you know your sponsor?
where did you first meet?
Did anyone introduce you?
How do you know each other and your families know each other?
For how long does your sponsor live in Canada
How did the sponsor go there? immigrated or born there?
is this the first marriage?
did your sponsor have other relationships prior to you?
How old were you when you first met the sponsor
What type of work does the sponsor do? (
Where does your sponsor live?
How old are you?
How old is your sponsor?
What is your sponsor's name?
What did your parent's say about your sponsor? What was their re-action for marrying a foreigner?
Why didn't your parents do an arranged marriage as per tradition?
Have you had other relationships besides your sponsor?
How do you say your relationship is genuine?
What type of work do you do?
Did your sponsor have to travel for the wedding to your country?
did anyone accompany your sponsor for that?
explain your first ever meeting with your sponsor
where does your sponsor's family live?
what do they do?
who does your sponsor live with?
does the sponsor own or rent?

SAMPLE QUESTIONNAIRES:

(Reply #2784 on: December 08, 2016
my interview ques in high commission of canada on 8th dec, Dhaka)

1. all the updated forms IMM 008, IMM 5406, IMM 5669, pictures recent
2. what do u do ? u still in medical school?
3. why u r unemplyoyed now?
4. what type of exam r u preparing for?
5. where r u living now?
6. what ur husband do now?
7. why u and ur husband went to shanghai?
8. why u went to newyork?
9. why u didnt apply for canada tourist visa? as u traveled shanghai and usa?
10. what is ur age? what is ur husband age?
11. who r present in marriage ceremony?
12. u hav small ceremony marriage why ur parents didnt came?
13. why didnt ur husband married before?
14. is he married before?
15. why he married u ? is it because u r a doctor?
16. what ur husband degrees? from where he did his PHD?
17. which university he is working now?
18. is he a full professor?
19. what specialization ur husband has?
20. in which u r specialize in?
21. if u do usa license exam ll u come to canada?
22. how was shanghai? which places u went there? (officer was in shanghai and he said he never visited shanghai important places)
23. when did u meet?
24. how ur relation developed?
25. where does ur husband lives now?

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AND WHAT TO EXPECT:

Re: Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations
« Reply #794 on: May 09, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »

Hello Guys
My wife just had an interview yesterday May 9th 2016. Her interview was from 2 Pm. She had an intense interview. It lasted more than 1.5 hours. After she went in, the officer started asking the questions below. Meanwhile she did a cross reference with her Aunt and her Work place. Both went well. **** This is something completely new****. The officer asked my wife to see her phone. She took her outside to get the phones. She went with her. My wife had 2 phones. The officer went through each and every single pictures in the phone, Text messaged, Viber messages, call records. She also went to her Face book on both phones. My wife has my face book in another phone. She asked why do you have his face book. She had over 3000 pictures and went through all of them and also the hard copy pictures which were like 250 of them. She made the interpreter read the text message and confirm that those are husband wife type text message. She also checked her email inbox and everything. She also said there are not enough messages. My wife said we mostly talk over the viber and I have the bills and proofs. She didn’t want to see. The interpreter confirmed to her that all the messages are ok and they are like couple type messages. Some 6th sense worked in my wife and she deleted all the text that I wrote about the preparation of the interview. She also took my cell number. My uncle was sitting outside. She brought my wife outside and my wife introduced her to my uncle. She only said hi and how are you. My wife asked how my interview was. She said we will verify some more and let you know. She took her police certificate and 3 updated forms. I am assuming she will call me to verify everything. The whole time she was actually looking at my emails I sent them and asking question from there because my wife saw it. In this whole forum I have never seen any officer go through these Face books and pictures in the phone. This was really wired. My wife had good interview. She answered all the questions and cross reference all matched. Only thing now I have to wait to get a call from them or I am hoping to get medical request soon. Please pray for me and good luck to rest of you guys.

************ Advice to everyone. Please make sure you don’t have any text or email which says about preparation of your interview or anything stupid. ******************

1. Sponsor’s Name
2. Your name
3. Why is your husband divorce?
4. Who paid for the wedding and how much
5. Do you have a kid
6. Does your husband have a kid from previous marriage
7. Does your husband still have contact with his Ex
8. Is his ex married again
9. Do you work, where do you work
10. Who went to Maldives ( honeymoon)
11. Where is your mother and younger brother
12. Where do they live
13. Is your older brother married?
14. What does your younger brother does
15. Why does your husband have his ex picture in his Facebook?
16. Where does his ex live
17. Why did you marry him
18. Is his mom alive?
19. How did she die?
20. When is the last time he visited you
21. How long did he stay
Thanks for the reply hasan. Actually I am not sure at all why we got an interview. We don't really have any red flags in our case but I think it may be because we didn't stay together for too long after the wedding.

That story about them going through her phone and facebook is really crazy!!

Reactions: Hasan9999

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
THANK YOU HASSAN VAI.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
OhCanada77 said:
I guess the facebook thing makes sense really as everyone conducts so much of their life on it!
Indeed! The interviewees sometimes get very personal questions too...!

Hasan

Suman 2017

May 5, 2017
jupiter16 said:
HI Hassan vai i already got my health card. is there ny other card ?

Can u plz tell me when u gave ur interview...did they cross check ur ans with ur family member or with ur husband...did they call anyone of ur family???when u enter Dhaka Canada high commission ,,did they gave u any form to fill up?
Thank u

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Suman 2017 said:
Can u plz tell me when u gave ur interview...did they cross check ur ans with ur family member or with ur husband...did they call anyone of ur family???when u enter Dhaka Canada high commission ,,did they gave u any form to fill up?
Thank u
Here is a link of valuable information you may like to grasp..! Thanks to Farhana for compiling a couple of actual interview experiences....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.0.html;msg5791659#msg5791659

Hasan

PreetiStephen

Jul 26, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16th september'16
Doc's Request.
Nop
AOR Received.
SA: 21 October'16
File Transfer...
AOR2 3rd November'16
Med's Done....
22nd June'16
Interview........
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
20th June 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am curious to know about interview email. I think every one get same generic interview email and requested documents are same for everyone.

I think it is same for everyone but need seniors thought in it.

Thank you

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
PreetiStephen said:
Hello Everyone,

I am curious to know about interview email. I think every one get same generic interview email and requested documents are same for everyone.

I think it is same for everyone but need seniors thought in it.

Thank you
In majority cases, yes.

However, they might ask to provide any additional documents deemed necessary to proof the relationship with the sponsor.

Hasan

PreetiStephen

Jul 26, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
16th september'16
Doc's Request.
Nop
AOR Received.
SA: 21 October'16
File Transfer...
AOR2 3rd November'16
Med's Done....
22nd June'16
Interview........
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
20th June 2017
Thank you Hassan,

This is what CIC requested to us which looks generic email -

Required Documentation

You must bring the following documents to the interview for each person included in your
application:

· Original individual passports for each family member included in the application, regardless
of age;

· You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each
person included in your application together with certified translations into English or French:

· Birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case, if not already
submitted;

· Documentary evidence that establishes your relationship to your sponsor and each of your
dependants' relationship to you (e.g., original birth certificates, school documents with
parents' names, ration card);

· In the case of dependent students older than 19, all diplomas, mark sheets and other
documents demonstrating continuous full-time studies since the age of 19;

· If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring your
engagement and wedding photographs and wedding invitation cards, if available. Also bring
all evidence of communication with your sponsor, e.g. cards / letters, telephone bills. This
evidence must be in hard copy. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable proof. For such
cards you must provide the record issued by the telephone company of calls made with
those cards;

· Power of attorney or guardianship documents for any person on the application who has
been adopted as well as all evidence of contact from the adoptive parent(s), e.g., cards /
letters, photographs, telephone bills.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
PreetiStephen said:
Thank you Hassan,

This is what CIC requested to us which looks generic email -

Required Documentation

You must bring the following documents to the interview for each person included in your
application:

· Original individual passports for each family member included in the application, regardless
of age;

· You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each
person included in your application together with certified translations into English or French:

· Birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case, if not already
submitted;

· Documentary evidence that establishes your relationship to your sponsor and each of your
dependants' relationship to you (e.g., original birth certificates, school documents with
parents' names, ration card);

· In the case of dependent students older than 19, all diplomas, mark sheets and other
documents demonstrating continuous full-time studies since the age of 19;

· If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring your
engagement and wedding photographs and wedding invitation cards, if available. Also bring
all evidence of communication with your sponsor, e.g. cards / letters, telephone bills. This
evidence must be in hard copy. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable proof. For such
cards you must provide the record issued by the telephone company of calls made with
those cards;

· Power of attorney or guardianship documents for any person on the application who has
been adopted as well as all evidence of contact from the adoptive parent(s), e.g., cards /
letters, photographs, telephone bills.
Hello Preeti,

Looks like it is a generic letter.

Good luck!

Hasan

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Hasan9999 said:
Hello Preeti,

Looks like it is a generic letter.

Good luck!

Hasan
Hi Hasan,

My wife got almost the same e-mail. I was wondering, I am the sponsor, does she need to take my birth certificate as well?

And another thing, the e-mail that my wife got has a line at the bottom that says "The natural parent(s) or guardian must come with applicant for interview". Does this mean my wife's parents have to go with her? I find this very wierd, hope someone can clarify things for me.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
married_ind said:
Hi Hasan,

My wife got almost the same e-mail. I was wondering, I am the sponsor, does she need to take my birth certificate as well?

And another thing, the e-mail that my wife got has a line at the bottom that says "The natural parent(s) or guardian must come with applicant for interview". Does this mean my wife's parents have to go with her? I find this very wierd, hope someone can clarify things for me.
Hello ,

"The natural parent(s) or guardian must come with applicant for interview". Does this mean my wife's parents have to go with her?

This is applicable only if you have any children and he or she is under 18 in this situation parents must go for the interview with their children.

This is not applicable for your wife. She can go her interview without her parents.

Hope it will help you.

Regards
Farhana

Reactions: Hasan9999