Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
flx2015 said:
congrats! really happy to hear you're almost done with the process. :)
Thanks bro,

I see you got PPR in October.. your wife recieve te COPR yet?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
ImABule said:
Thanks bro,

I see you got PPR in October.. your wife recieve te COPR yet?
yeah, she received it within 10 days of dropping her passport off at the VAC.

btw, i just realized that you got through quicker than i did despite getting caught up in the interview queue! SVO is pretty nutty, but they're quicker than LVO :). it took LVO nearly 9.5 months just to get around to doing their initial review on my file, and before that it was just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. they asked for an updated police cert and new meds which delayed us by about 30 days, but that's fine, we're just grateful it's over.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:
It means they doubt the genuineness of the marriage, which means you need to send a boatload of new proofs and probably go visit again.
Agreed!

Hasan

duMaurier

Apr 19, 2015
My experience is if you or your spouse really loves each-other they should be able to answer the questions. my ex-wife failed her interview, I appealed and when she arrived she left me within a month. Although we did talk, anything I told her about myself she forgot or didnt care.. that is the characteristic of a narcissistic sociopath. Sociopaths only worry about themselves and usually have their own hidden agenda. If someone truly cares and loves the other they should be able to answer the questions being asked.

So if they reject your application after the interview you should look at the questions that were asked and decide if your spouse is using you. Please don't go through what I'm about to go through.

Shery678

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 April 2016
Doc's Request.
non
AOR Received.
13 May 2016
File Transfer...
15 June 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
hey
Yeah. i have collected proofs and just waiting to hear back from my MP and then i will send them all.

farhana766 said:
Hello shery678,

In the interview day, the officer will ask you about your sponsor related question and your application story what you mentioned in your application. In the interview, there is nothing personal, the officer will ask you any type of question and may be want to see your personal message. Visa office put you in the interview because you got second marriage. I see most of the time second marriage applicant get interview letter. But if you have enough marriage proof it will easy your interview or 40% chance to waived your interview if you send additional marriage proof to the visa office.

Regards
Farhana

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Dear Members,

I received this email from CIC today. Is it applicable for me? Any answer will be much appreciated.

Please note that I was a previous PR but lost status couple of years back owing to non fulfilment of residany obligation. My wife sponsored me again and got my PR visa recently.

I'm not from visa exempt country.

Hasan

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

La version française suit le texte anglais.

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).
Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada | Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Bonjour,

Selon nos dossiers, vous êtes un résident permanent ou une résidente permanente (RP) du Canada. Nous vous écrivons pour vous rappeler que vous devez présenter votre carte de résident permanent (carte RP) ou titre de voyage pour résident permanent (TVRP) valide au moment de prendre un vol à destination du Canada

Les résidents permanents du Canada qui ne présentent pas une carte de résident permanent (RP) ou un titre de voyage pour résident permanent (TVRP) valide se verraient refuser l’embarquement à bord de leur avion à destination du Canada du fait qu’ils n’ont pas en leur possession les titres de voyage appropriés.

Il vous incombe de vous assurer que votre carte RP est toujours valide au moment de votre retour au Canada après un voyage à l’étranger. La date d’expiration est indiquée sur la carte. Si votre carte RP est expirée ou expirera d’ici six mois, vous devriez demander dès maintenant le renouvellement de votre carte.

Si vous êtes au Canada et que vous n’avez pas actuellement de carte de résident permanent ou votre carte est expirée, consultez la marche à suivre pour demander une carte de résident permanent.
Si vous êtes à l’extérieur du Canada et que vous n’avez pas de carte RP ou votre carte est expirée, consultez la marche à suivre pour demander un titre de voyage pour résident permanent (TVRP).
Préparez-vous d’avance et vérifiez les délais de traitement afin d’obtenir une carte RP ou un TVRP valide avant votre prochain voyage à l’étranger.

Prenez note que si vous croyez ne plus répondre aux critères d’admissibilité à la résidence permanente du Canada, votre situation quant à votre statut de résident permanent doit être résolue avant que vous puissiez présenter une demande d’autorisation de voyage électronique (AVE) ou de visa de visiteur. Par exemple, si vous choisissez de renoncer à votre statut de résident permanent, vous pouvez alors faire une demande d’AVE ou de visa. Renseignez-vous davantage sur les exigences relatives à votre statut de résident permanent et sur les possibilités qui s’offrent à vous à titre de résident permanent du Canada.

Nous vous encourageons à diffuser cette information auprès de vos amis et de votre famille, car nous souhaitons éviter aux résidents permanents de voir leurs plans de voyage retardés parce qu’ils n’auraient pas les titres de voyage requis pour monter à bord d’un vol à destination du Canada.

Merci,

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Hasan9999 said:
Dear Members,

I received this email from CIC today. Is it applicable for me? Any answer will be much appreciated.

Please note that I was a previous PR but lost status couple of years back owing to non fulfilment of residany obligation. My wife sponsored me again and got my PR visa recently.

I'm not from visa exempt country.

Hasan

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

La version française suit le texte anglais.

Hello,

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).
Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada | Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Bonjour,

Selon nos dossiers, vous êtes un résident permanent ou une résidente permanente (RP) du Canada. Nous vous écrivons pour vous rappeler que vous devez présenter votre carte de résident permanent (carte RP) ou titre de voyage pour résident permanent (TVRP) valide au moment de prendre un vol à destination du Canada

Les résidents permanents du Canada qui ne présentent pas une carte de résident permanent (RP) ou un titre de voyage pour résident permanent (TVRP) valide se verraient refuser l’embarquement à bord de leur avion à destination du Canada du fait qu’ils n’ont pas en leur possession les titres de voyage appropriés.

Il vous incombe de vous assurer que votre carte RP est toujours valide au moment de votre retour au Canada après un voyage à l’étranger. La date d’expiration est indiquée sur la carte. Si votre carte RP est expirée ou expirera d’ici six mois, vous devriez demander dès maintenant le renouvellement de votre carte.

Si vous êtes au Canada et que vous n’avez pas actuellement de carte de résident permanent ou votre carte est expirée, consultez la marche à suivre pour demander une carte de résident permanent.
Si vous êtes à l’extérieur du Canada et que vous n’avez pas de carte RP ou votre carte est expirée, consultez la marche à suivre pour demander un titre de voyage pour résident permanent (TVRP).
Préparez-vous d’avance et vérifiez les délais de traitement afin d’obtenir une carte RP ou un TVRP valide avant votre prochain voyage à l’étranger.

Prenez note que si vous croyez ne plus répondre aux critères d’admissibilité à la résidence permanente du Canada, votre situation quant à votre statut de résident permanent doit être résolue avant que vous puissiez présenter une demande d’autorisation de voyage électronique (AVE) ou de visa de visiteur. Par exemple, si vous choisissez de renoncer à votre statut de résident permanent, vous pouvez alors faire une demande d’AVE ou de visa. Renseignez-vous davantage sur les exigences relatives à votre statut de résident permanent et sur les possibilités qui s’offrent à vous à titre de résident permanent du Canada.

Nous vous encourageons à diffuser cette information auprès de vos amis et de votre famille, car nous souhaitons éviter aux résidents permanents de voir leurs plans de voyage retardés parce qu’ils n’auraient pas les titres de voyage requis pour monter à bord d’un vol à destination du Canada.

Merci,

Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Hello Hasan Vai,

I think you should come Canada as early as possible. This email is not applicable for you but may be in the Canada airport the immigration officer will ask you –“why you will come late?”

If anything, wrong happen you can explain in your situation that you was previously PR holder but now you have new visa.

Regards
Farhana

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello Hasan Vai,

I think you should come Canada as early as possible. This email is not applicable for you but may be in the Canada airport the immigration officer will ask you –“why you will come late?”

If anything, wrong happen you can explain in your situation that you was previously PR holder but now you have new visa.

Regards
Farhana
Thank you Farhana for your answer. Yes I think CIC has my email address in their database and that email was a general email sent to people holding PR, assumed to be residing overseas.

I already booked my flight in December.

Hasan

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hasan9999 said:
Thank you Farhana for your answer. Yes I think CIC has my email address in their database and that email was a general email sent to people holding PR, assumed to be residing overseas.

I already booked my flight in December.

Hasan
Can someone tell me when next batch of interviews will be conducted in pakistan by LONdon visa office. And as the interview is a nightmare so i dnt want to wait for all this process alone here without my husband. So if my husband come back to pakistan for say a year, will it be a problem for our application? I see people submitted application in 2013 finalized their application in 2016 which is matter of years :-\

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
barkatain said:
Can someone tell me when next batch of interviews will be conducted in pakistan by LONdon visa office. And as the interview is a nightmare so i dnt want to wait for all this process alone here without my husband. So if my husband come back to pakistan for say a year, will it be a problem for our application? I see people submitted application in 2013 finalized their application in 2016 which is matter of years :-\
Hi,

Did they inform you that they will schedule an interview for you?

Yes it is a good idea if your husband can come and live with you for a couple of months. Once your husband is with you, please send all evidences in support of your living together. That will be a plus point.

Goodluck!

Hasan

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
barkatain said:
Definitely not a problem and, like Hasan said, it is a good thing!! It is further evidence of your relationship which I would submit.

I was lucky enough to moved to Vietnam in September 2015 to be with my wife during this process. Did not eliminate the need for an interview but it made things much easier.

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
htquach said:
Definitely not a problem and, like Hasan said, it is a good thing!! It is further evidence of your relationship which I would submit.

I was lucky enough to moved to Vietnam in September 2015 to be with my wife during this process. Did not eliminate the need for an interview but it made things much easier.
Bt i read somewhere that sponsor cannot leave canada if PR application is in process
Bt i read somewhere that sponsor cannot leave canada if PR application is in process

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Just to clarify:

Canadian citizens are allowed to sponsor from outside Canada, as long as they prove their intent to return to Canada. PRs must reside in Canada throughout the process.

Lovely _ one

Nov 20, 2016
Hi all, I have a letter that informs me of having an interview later. However it doesn't state the date just yet.
Any idea how long it takes after this letter
Thank you in advance

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Lovely _ one said:
Hi all, I have a letter that informs me of having an interview later. However it doesn't state the date just yet.
Any idea how long it takes after this letter
Thank you in advance
The following is a prior post:

Hello Dlink514,

Everything is depend on visa office. Now a day the interview takes time at least 17 month or less. I suggest you send the visa office your marriage proof it will easy your interview.

I know in your interview query letter the visa office mentioned that they will not accept any kind of documents but if you will not send any documents then how visa office knows your update of your relation. Not you I will suggest all applicant to send marriage proof to the visa office. Marriage proof means---

1. Communication proof ( viber, skype screen shot, watsapp, hangsout, email)
2. Money transfer receipt
3. Update photo
4. Joint bank account
5. Insurance nominee letter

Regards
Farhana