App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello sjgolfer,

Sorry for late reply. I don’t think it is wise to send additional documents right now to the visa office because your interview is very close. You should bring all the documents in the interview day. Please see below how you prepare your documents in the interview day---------------

This is my interview letter required documents part. I would like to share which documents an applicant should bring in his/her interview day. The documents are below-------------------

1.The from:

• Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)

• Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)

• Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)

2. Police clearance

3. Civil Documents:

a)Marriage/ Divorce

b) Birth certificate

c) National Identity Card

d) Household Registry or Family Book (we have no household registry or family book. So no need to bring it)

4. Proof of contact with your sponsor:

a) • You and your sponsor's telephone bills for the past 12 months ( I would like to suggest past 24 month or whatever you have)

b) Photos of you and your sponsor taken together at various times during your relationship ( I would like to advice photo of both family members with applicant and sponsor, some photo of sponsor Canada)

c) Wedding party photos and Engagement party photos ( please bring small photo album because big photo album make problem. . There is a glass between applicant and immigration officer and the place is very small where you give your any documents to the immigration officer)

d) Original letters with envelopes from various times during your relationship, starting with your oldest correspondence ( If you have any letter which is post from Canada an applicant can bring it in the interview day)

e) Original money transfer receipts from your sponsor ( It is very important document for interview)

f) Old family photos showing you and/or your child(ren) with your sponsor ( if applicant or sponsor has a children)

g) Proof of your sponsor's visit(s) (airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, pages from your sponsor's passport showing entry and exit stamps, copy of visa(s) used for entry/exit, etc.) ( You should bring it in your interview day because without it you cannot proof it that your sponsor meet you)

5. If you are or you have dependant(s) over 22 years of age:

An applicant should bring his/her ( S.S.C, H.S.C, Honours and Master Degree Certificate with marks sheet)

6. Other:

a)Passport or Travel Document (if available) for all persons intending to go to Canada (validity should be at least one year from the date of interview) ( An applicant passport must be valid at least one year)

b)Copy of your sponsor's immigrant visa ( your sponsor PR copy)

An applicant can bring extra documents as a proof of marriage like-------------

1. Bank join account solvency letter
2. Bank DPS Nominee letter
3. Insurance beneficiary letter
4. Gift receipt

Bring a comfortable bag for your documents in the interview day.

Take care

Farhana
Thanks Frahana for your kind help , i will prepare as per you advise , now i have to get police clearance certificate
here in bangkok , hope fully i will get before my interview

Thanks and regard
SJGolfer

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
farhana766 said:
Hello love(ao),

I know you are worried about your interview result and it is also very painful to wait for this result. To me your interview went well and hopefully you get positive result very soon. Enjoy your time with your wife and keep busy yourself with your lovely wife. If you all the time thinks about your interview result it will be more frustration for you. Juwelsingh got his remedical after a long time. Hopefully the visa office gives you remedial by email.

Take care
Farhana
Thank you apu. :)

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
DEAR ALL, when im sending docs to SVO , where should i mention my application no or UCI?

thnx

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
In exactly 2 days it will be a year since we applied and still no news, someone told me that if they would need an interview I would hear from them earlier (at 7-8 months after we applied).
I ordered notes almost 2 months ago and they just came yesterday , no news...the only think I was happy to see that they included all the additional proof I sent after we applied (we sent 2 time online, and one time a big package of proof via courier). So we have to wait and see what is going to happened since the processing time for our VO is 13 months and we almost achieve it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
Hi Hasan

Thanks for responding to my wife :)

Not sure what you mean by 6 month residency requirement ?

I'm canadian born and raised. From my understand I can stay outside Canada through out the process but will be asked to show intent to settle in Canada when visa is issued.
The CRA might question you if you include a foreign national on your income tax return.

When I filed 2015's return, and included my change of relationship status and included my wife as a dependant. I included when we married. 2015 was filed by an accountant. They held the return for pre-processing review. It took them about 3 months to request proof of marriage, proof of residency, etc.

Once I got the letter, I was able to call them to talk to the reviewer directly. It was a pretty easy experience after that point -- just write a letter explaining the conversation, include a marriage certificate, passport page with a Canadian visa + entry stamp, and for good measure we included her SIN confirmation print out from Service Canada. They released the return for processing in mid August.

So, they can question it. But it's reasonably easy to overcome the obstacle once you get a letter with a contact on it. Explain your story and they can help you through what proofs they would be satisfied with.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
The CRA might question you if you include a foreign national on your income tax return.

When I filed 2015's return, and included my change of relationship status and included my wife as a dependant. I included when we married. 2015 was filed by an accountant. They held the return for pre-processing review. It took them about 3 months to request proof of marriage, proof of residency, etc.

Once I got the letter, I was able to call them to talk to the reviewer directly. It was a pretty easy experience after that point -- just write a letter explaining the conversation, include a marriage certificate, passport page with a Canadian visa + entry stamp, and for good measure we included her SIN confirmation print out from Service Canada. They released the return for processing in mid August.

So, they can question it. But it's reasonably easy to overcome the obstacle once you get a letter with a contact on it. Explain your story and they can help you through what proofs they would be satisfied with.
I simply changed my marital status with CRA and showed the screenshot of my wife's name on my account.

When filing my taxes I didn't claim her as a dependent. I filed as married and wrote "non resident"

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
I simply changed my marital status with CRA and showed the screenshot of my wife's name on my account.

When filing my taxes I didn't claim her as a dependent. I filed as married and wrote "non resident"
There is several good reasons to include her as a dependant. From the pre-processing review, I have learned that they will accept a foreign national as dependant if you have proofs of support (sending money, paying remote bills on their behalf, etc). And when she eventually lands, you will likely want to include her as a dependant. When you do, they might also hold that return for review.

Including her as a dependant, that is another proof you can show the CIC I think?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
There is several good reasons to include her as a dependant. From the pre-processing review, I have learned that they will accept a foreign national as dependant if you have proofs of support (sending money, paying remote bills on their behalf, etc). And when she eventually lands, you will likely want to include her as a dependant. When you do, they might also hold that return for review.

Including her as a dependant, that is another proof you can show the CIC I think?
We married in Dec 2015 so it would have been pretty far fetched to claim dependent on last year's return. This year I will claim her

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ImABule said:
We married in Dec 2015 so it would have been pretty far fetched to claim dependent on last year's return. This year I will claim her
Sure .. I can only share from my experience, right? Regardless, I wish you the best luck on your interview!

OdinaryPP

Jul 18, 2016
farhana766 said:
Hello crazyD,

Thank you for sharing your story. I find 2 major “RED FLAG” in your application. One is age gap and other is you both from different religion. I think the visa office will put you in the interview and its possibility 95%. If visa office put you in the interview it will very difficult to waived your interview. In this situation you have to face the formal interview. So you have to very well prepare for your interview if visa office put you in the interview.

I read you have a sweet photo together. But if the photo is only you and your sponsor together it is not enough you need to photo with your parents, family with your sponsor. Do you have any photo which your parents are together with your sponsor? If you have this kind of photo submits it. It will help you to proof your marriage.

You have message like skype screen shot, viber, whatsapp, line, hangsout, emo submits all communication papers at least past 12 or 24 or whatever you have. Money transfer receipt and supportive letter from you and your sponsor friend and family members. If your husband post you anything from Canada submit it with envelops.

If visa office put you in the interview in the interview day the immigration may ask you---
1. What your intention to marry him?
2. Do you want to change your religion? If not why?
3. What you want to do in Canada?

If visa office put you in the interview the visa office email you for interview. You have to face the interview; if you want you can accompany with your sponsor but if you do not want to accompany it is ok. The visa office only email you to face the interview but the visa office will not email your sponsor to face the interview but sometime the immigration officer call sponsor for cross check the question answer.

If your sponsor does not remember the date in this situation you can help him to remember to all the date and special moments in your life. You talk to your sponsor long time every day and you can ask him every day the date and special date of your life. It is good practice for both of you. When I got my interview date, that time I every day I tried to remember my all special date and day in my life. Every day I also practice my sponsor education year, our marriage, divorce date and his all Canadian life because I was very nervous those days. Some time I write all the date, his phone number, his Canadian home address and many other things. I watch 150 interview video to learn how I present myself in front of immigration officer and it really help me.

From my experience I learn if you practice very well you can face all things and passed.

Hope it will help you

Farhana

Dear Farhana,

Would you mind letting me know where can I find the 150 interview videos that you were referring to ?
I appreciate your help.
Thank you,
OdinaryPP

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
Sure .. I can only share from my experience, right? Regardless, I wish you the best luck on your interview!
Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:
Hi Hasan

Thanks for responding to my wife :)

Not sure what you mean by 6 month residency requirement ?

I'm canadian born and raised. From my understand I can stay outside Canada through out the process but will be asked to show intent to settle in Canada when visa is issued.
Hi ImABule,

As Canadian citizen you can stay outside Canada as long as you wish but CRA will consider your outside stay as non resident for tax purposes. My Canadian citizen wife was with me over one year and CRA gave her a tough time on that issue by claiming huge amount.

Hasan

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
Hello.

Where can I find the most comprehensive list of potential interview questions? Are the questions in the spreadsheet good enough?

Many thanks!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t220698.0.html;msg5194224#msg5194224

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
htquach said:
Hello.

Where can I find the most comprehensive list of potential interview questions? Are the questions in the spreadsheet good enough?

Many thanks!
Hello htquach,

Click the below link. You will find my all interview questions which I practice before my interview.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.465.html

Hope it will help you

Take care
farhana