App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
punjabi1986 said:
Hi friends
M may 2015 applicant
I get interview email and its in sept last week
I applied for student visa in 2011 and got refusal that we are not satisfy with the purpose of ur visit
Then applied for pr to Winnipeg in 2012
Then I get refusal in June 2014that I not completed b.ed. because my job was computer teacher and there is no requirement of b. Ed for computer teacher in Punjab .
Then I get married in Dec 2014
Now I get interview email
Kindly suggest me
Hi there,

1. In what category you have applied for immigration visa? This thread is under spousal visa category.
2. When is your interview?
3. What are your specific questions? If they ask for the interview, you have got some red flags...so you have to prepare well for the interview to address all possible red flags.

Please go through the topics in this thread and hopefully you will learn many tips how to successfully face your interview.

Good luck!

Hasan

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Mrs.ImABule said:
Hi all. I and ImABule sadly just got interview letter 4days ago. I want to start preparing for everything. I know not much about what to prepare. Need advices and tips for what I need to prepare. Any help will be appreciated :)
Hello Mrs.ImABlue,

I know the interview letter is unexpected for you because your husband sends a lot of marriage proof to the visa office. In this situation what you should do and what you should not do before your interview. You got interview query letter few days ago and you have to wait for your interview for a long time. The waiting time may be 10 or 12 months. You have a long time to prepare for your interview and I know you can do it.

First I want to clear some matter you write, you are unemployed it mean you are a housewife. Many applicants are here unemployed. So it will not harm your application. If you are housewife in this case your husband sends you money from Canada. Money transfer receipt is very important in this immigration interview.

You write the immigration officer may think you only marry him for a better life and go for Canada. If you have enough marriage proof it mean you want to go Canada to build up your marriage relation and your only purpose to live with your husband and build up a family.

Your sponsor has a common law relation and he has a child from his common law relation. In this situation you need to know all about his common law relation like ---

1. Why relation break up ( you need to explain it not one word . the explain should be elaborate)

2. How long your sponsor in this relation

3. What you know about your sponsor child

4. Do you ever talk to his child or how many time you talk to his child

5. Why you marry him or he is older than you why you marry him

6. Now a day where is his ex-girlfriend d live

7. What is the name of his ex- girlfriend

8. Why your sponsor converted his religion?

9. Why you not convert your religion? Explain it?

10. Why you got quick marriage? Explain it?( this question is need well explanation)

11. What your sponsors know about Islam?

12. Do you force him to convert Islam religion?

13. Is it your second marriage? Do you hide your first marriage?

What should you do before interview:

The most important thing tries to remember your sponsor everything likes-----

1, Canadian home address

2. His cell phone number’

3. his job place all information like previous and present job place name, his job place telephone number, his collogue name, his monthly income, his yearly income. How he go for his job place by car or bus.

4. Your sponsor all education background like school, college and university name and graduation year.

5. Your husband all travel information.

6. you need to know about his Canada city where he live like shopping mall name, in which shopping mall he used to go for his shopping, in which restaurant he like to go and what is his favorite food .

7. What is his like and dislike about Canadian city. (you mention like and dislike where he currently live in)

8. What is the name of the masjid or where he go for his prayer

9. what is your sponsor mother and father name? Where they live in.

10. Parents related question like your sponsor parents age, job and income.

11. what you know aout his Canadian relatives?

12. Your sponsor brother and sister related all information

14. Your sponsor holiday and how he spend his holiday.

15. Your sponsor like and dislike

16. Why you think your sponsor love you?

17. Since your marriage how you develop your relationship?

18. Do you try for tourist visa? If not why?

19. Why your marriage is genuine?

20. If I refuse you what you will do?

You should know all this thing about your sponsor. If you all time think you could not face the interview it will harm your interview. Think positive and you will get positive answer. Remember one thing it is your interview and you know your life story better than immigration officer. The officer only knows what you submitted your application but you know about your life story and you will explain everything. The immigration officer is very good if you answer all the question answer properly.

The immigration officer just asks you some question and the officer try to find out what you represent in your application it is true or false. May be the officer want to make confuse you. If you know it is right and your answer is right in this situation the officer will not confuse you.

What should you not do before interview:

Before your interview does not try to hire a lawyer for your mock interview because the lawyer will wash your mind and it will harm your interview. You do not think all time that you cannot face it. Do not make yourself that you get negative result in your interview. Do not go to appeal thread in this forum it will make you scarier. Kick out all the fear about interview from your brain. Never ever feel you are insecure all time you will think you are secure because your sponsor support you all time. You have to face your interview only for your sponsor and it is your last chance to make your application successful.

Dear mrs ImABlue successful interview only come if you want and if you not fear anything. Because you know your relationship is genuine and your sponsor loves you a lot.

I remembered when I faced my interview I just think about my sponsor and I have to face it and won the heart of the immigration officer. I will answer all the question, I will not fear interview anymore.

Hope it will help you

Take care
Farhana

Mrs.ImABule

Aug 29, 2016
farhana766 said:
Dear Mrs ImABlue,

In this interview process immigration officer can ask you anything which is related to your sponsor life, his child, his common law partner and your application. If you answer your question answer proper way there is no chance to ask you this type of question. If you do not answer them confidently may be the officer will ask you this type of question. In this interview process the immigration officer does not understand the emotion of the applicant. You have to very well prepare about your interview. In this process there is no option to convince the immigration officer, they will ask you question answer and in some point the officer want explanation. When you explain your question answer that moment you get a chance to prove your relationship .I want to share something which I learn from interview video and it is very helpful---------------

One lawyer talking about interview and he said his interview video ------“Many couple live together 20 years very happily but they do not know each other information very well. But their relation is genuine and happy. But in this spousal interview if you want to defeat your immigration officer you have to know all things about your sponsor. Every little information will save you from your refusal. So try to know your sponsor everything and make your interview successful”

Hope it will help you
Farhana

dear Farhana, thanks a lot for the big help! I'm doing my question lists based on your list now. I think I meed to work a lot on Questions that require explaination since I'm not really good in talking.

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
Mrs.ImABule said:
dear Farhana, thanks a lot for the big help! I'm doing my question lists based on your list now. I think I meed to work a lot on Questions that require explaination since I'm not really good in talking.
Dear Mrs.ImABlue,

I think in your interview day you should speak in your native language. The visa office provides you an interpreter. If you speak your own language you will explanation in a good way and it will make you comfortable.

Take care
Farhana

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
farhana766 said:
Dear Mrs.ImABlue,

I think in your interview day you should speak in your native language. The visa office provides you an interpreter. If you speak your own language you will explanation in a good way and it will make you comfortable.

Take care
Farhana
Hello Farhana,

My wife is very comfortable and speaks English almost fluently. I think it would be to our advantage if she displays this during the interview as I do not speak very much Bahasa Indonesia.

UA2014

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
None yet
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Interview........
28-09-2016
ImABule said:
Hello Farhana,

My wife is very comfortable and speaks English almost fluently. I think it would be to our advantage if she displays this during the interview as I do not speak very much Bahasa Indonesia.
My wife is also very proficient in English. She scored 7 out of 8 on IELTS Acedemic Level testing. Are you saying she should do her interview in Russian, her first language? I would be worried about mistakes in the translation.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
UA2014 said:
My wife is also very proficient in English. She scored 7 out of 8 on IELTS Acedemic Level testing. Are you saying she should do her interview in Russian, her first language? I would be worried about mistakes in the translation.
If she is fluent in English, I would prefer interview in English.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ImABule said:
Hello Farhana,

It depends on your wife's level of confidence as to which language she should select for the interview. If she can smoothly communicate in English, it will be easy for her to directly communicate with the interviewer independently. If she is not comfortable in speaking English, she can always opt for an interpreter. But she should be vigilant about accurate translation of her answers.

Hasan

UA2014

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
None yet
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-02-2016 Upfront
Interview........
28-09-2016
Hasan9999 said:
If she is fluent in English, I would prefer interview in English.

Hasan
Thank you Hasan for your advice.

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
hello guys my name is jay and am very new to this forum.i will like to ask how long does it take to know if you will be called in for interview since my visa office in accra,Ghana and my application has been transfered and currently,it show on my time line that,my medicals have been recieved and that my application is in process and its 3months now since i appled.

i also want to know,how willi know if i will be called in for interview or not,this way i can prepare for it.

thanks

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 11, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
jay9132 said:
hello guys my name is jay and am very new to this forum.i will like to ask how long does it take to know if you will be called in for interview since my visa office in accra,Ghana and my application has been transfered and currently,it show on my time line that,my medicals have been recieved and that my application is in process and its 3months now since i appled.

i also want to know,how willi know if i will be called in for interview or not,this way i can prepare for it.

thanks

Hello Jay,

The visa office usually avoids interview unless the file has some anomalies, questions and concerns which we refer as red flags. If your application is straight forward, you are expected interview waiver or recommend passed in your eligibility criteria.

The time line, however, is difficult to predict as to whether they will schedule an interview. People get first information from the GCMS notes, which the sponsor can get online (by spending CAD 5/-) within 30 days. A consent form has to be signed by the applicant and forwarded to the sponsor while ordering GCMS notes.

Hasan

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
ImABule said:
Hello Farhana,

Hello ImABlue,

Good to know that your wife can speak English fluently. But if she feel shy to speak English in front of immigration officer it will create difficult situation in the interview. In my case I can write and also speak English but my expression is not good in English. I feel shy because I am not used to speak English regularly. I practice all my question answer in English but the problem is that when I answer in English it seem I memories all the question answer. But when I speak in Bangla it seem my express is very good.

If you think interpreter translate wrong English in this situation applicant can defeat interpreter. In one question my interpreter translate wrong English in this situation I told my immigration officer ----------“ I don’t say like this and then repeat my answer in one word”. Before my interview my husband consult one lady she is very good adviser. She told my husband your wife should do her interview in her native language and if interpreter mistakenly translate wrong English, in this situation you wife can defeat. I thank this lady she gave me good advice and I follow her.

If you do not know your wife native language it doesn’t matter and it will not create any problem. If your wife is very confident about speak English in front of the immigration officer she can do her interview in English.

First my husband told me to do my interview in English because I did my master degrees in English. But I follow as the lady told my husband. I speak Bangla in my whole interview and I am very happy because my body language and expression are good in Bangla.

Now it’s up to you. What your wife want to do. It totally depends on her mind.

Take care
Farhana

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
jay9132 said:

thanks

Hello jay,

The visa office send interview query letter if they have any doubt to the applicant. If applicant has any “red flag” they put the applicant in the interview,

The immigration officer has some doubt about applicant marriage and the doubt popular name is “Red Flag”. “RED FLAG” has seemed much wired but in immigration process the marriage doubt other name is “RED FLAG”.

“RED FLAG”

1. When any applicant get divorce and after then quick marriage it called “RED FLAG”

2. If any applicant could not present their application properly it is called “RED FLAG”

3. If any applicant could not present their enough marriage proof it is called “RED FLAG”

4. If any applicant first marriage and sponsor second marriage it is called “RED FLAG”

5. If applicant and sponsor belongs different religion it is called “RED FLAG”

6. Most important thing if immigration officer has a little doubt that is also called “RED FLAG”

Please order GCMS note. You will know about your application condition from GCMS note.

Take care

Farhana

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
thanks for the quick response but tell me,how long does it normally take to receive query letter and whats the best time to order for the notes since my application has just been 3months.do you think the first visa officer in Canada will make a comment if interview will be needed and also on my status,it says application IN PROCESS and when i click on the inprocesss line,it shows medical received which was in the section of DECISION MADE.

i was wondering why it jumped from interview may be required to medical received. does it mean the lead office may have recommended a pass on my application?

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
jay9132 said:
thanks for the quick response but tell me,how long does it normally take to receive query letter and whats the best time to order for the notes since my application has just been 3months.do you think the first visa officer in Canada will make a comment if interview will be needed and also on my status,it says application IN PROCESS and when i click on the inprocesss line,it shows medical received which was in the section of DECISION MADE.

i was wondering why it jumped from interview may be required to medical received. does it mean the lead office may have recommended a pass on my application?
Hello jay,

What is your ECAS show? Is it “In process” or” Decision Made”? If you click in “Decision Made” or “ In process” what will see? Please share

Take care
Farhana