+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

canadavisa19

Dec 12, 2019
Hi,
Happy New Year,
The Interview will be held on Canadian High Commission, Dhaka, Bangladesh. They will send you Interview letter 4 weeks before the interview.
My wife had a interview on 10th of December 2019.
Most of the interview question will be based on relationship. Your wife should have to know all about you from the relationship start to your current status. She should have to bring all the supporting document favoring your relationship.

I hope this helps if its a genuine marriage interview

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html

Here are a list of questions that I got from a nice person on this site :

Communication

1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
3. Who made the first contact?
4. How often did you have contact before your first meeting in Person? How? Where is your proof?
5. How often did you talk on the phone when your spouse was you were in England?
6. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?

Travel

1. Where did you first Land in Canada? What date? (Which airport)
2. How many times have you been to Canada? How long each time?
3. Has you ever stayed in Canada out of Status?
4. Why were you out of status?
5. What did you do to rectify the situation?
6. When did you leave Canada? How long for?
7. Have you been admitted back into Canada with a legal status since?
8. Have you been issued any kind of document that authorizes you to live in Canada since you were out of status? If yes what type and when is the expiry date?
9. Has your spouse been to England? When?
10. How many times?
11. Where did your spouse land in England? (Which Airport)
12. Did your spouse go to England prior to your relationship?
13. Did you go to Canada prior to your relationship with your spouse?

Personal

1. What is your Husband's name?
2. What do you call him?
3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?
4. What colour are his eyes and hair?
5. Does your spouse colour his hair?
6. Does your spouse wear glasses or contact lenses?
7. Does your spouse have any distinguishable features (birth marks, scars, disfigurements of the body)?
8. Where was your spouse born? Which country & City?
9. Does your spouse have any allergies?
10. What is your religion?
11. What is the religion of your spouse?
12. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?
13. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.
14. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.
15. What type of music do you enjoy?
16. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?
17. What kind of movies do you enjoy?
18. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?
19. What kind of books do you read?
20. What kind of books does your spouse read?
21. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain
22. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.
23. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?
24. Does your spouse support you financially?
25. If I refuse this application what will you do?

Education

1. Where did your spouse go to school? (Elementary and high school)
2. How many years of school did your spouse Complete?
3. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
4. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?

Employment

1. Where did you work in England before coming to Canada?
2. What is the name of the company? What position did you hold? How long did you work there?
3. What did the job entail?
4. Did you like your job?
5. What was the salary?
6. What do you intend to do when you come to Canada?
7. What degrees or formal training do you have?
8. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?
8. Where does your spouse work? What's the name of the company? How does he get there?
9. How long has your spouse worked there?
10. What does the job entail?
11. does your spouse like his or her job?
12. What is the salary?

Accommodation

1. Where does your spouse live?
2. Whom does your spouse live with?
3. Does anyone else live in your household other than your spouse and children?
4. At what addresses have you lived at with your spouse?
5. Did you own any Property with your spouse?
6. What type of accommodation do you live in? House, condo or apartment?
7. Is it rental or do you own it? If rented How long is your lease? Are you both on the lease?
8. How much is the rent?
9. who makes sure the bills are paid? How much do you pay for Cable/phone/hydro etc?

Marriage

1. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?
2. Was your marriage arranged?
3. When did you get married?
4. Where did you get married?
5. Who was at the wedding?
6. How many people were at the ceremony?
7. What day was the ceremony held on?
8. Who performed the ceremony?
9. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?
10. Who was at the ceremony from your side?
11. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?
10. Were any friends present?
12. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
13. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?
14. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?
15. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?
16. Who was present at the reception?
17. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.
18. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?
19. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and reception?
20. Have you or your spouse been married before?
21. Why was that relationship dissolved?
22. Who initiated the divorce?
23. What were the reasons for the divorce?
24. What was the date the marriage was dissolved?
25. Why did you marry your spouse?
26. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?
27. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine
28. Why were you so rushed to be married? How do you explain that?

Family members

1. Do you have any children form a previous relationship? If so what is their relationship like with your spouse?
2. What are their names and date of birth?
3. Who has Custody of these children?
4. Do you have visitation rights/spend time with them at your home or there's?
5. How often do you see your children?
6. Does your Current spouse have any children from a previous relationship? If yes
A. What are their names and date of birth?
B. Who has Custody of these children?
C. Does your spouse have visitation rights/spend time with them?
D. How often does your spouse see their children?

7. Do you have any children from your current marriage?
8. How many children?
9. What are the names and birth dates?
10. Where are the children now?
11. Who looks after the children?
12. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?
13. What relatives does your spouse have in Canada?
14. What relatives do you have in Canada?
15. What are their names and where do they live?
16. What relatives does your spouse have outside of Canada?
17. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?
18. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?
19. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?

Misc

1. Did you get married to get to Canada?
2. Did your spouse pay you to go to Canada?
3. Did anyone pay you to go to Canada?
4. Did you pay your spouse to sponsor you?
5. If yes, How much?
Thank you for sharing the information. Can you please mention why did they call the interview? I'm just trying to understand the point so that I can prepare the application based on that. Can you please mention about your marriage, how did you meet and when all the events are happened?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello brother i have received the interview call also therefore i am not a resident yet and i sponsor my wife in my application ... what should i bring to the embassy and there is one query i used to send money to my wife for gifts and the receipts i have them is it good if i put this as a proof also..??
Everything helps so I would bring the proof/receipts with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a question. My outland application is currently being processed in my home country. I intend to fly to Canada to my husband soon as I have a valid multiple entry TRV and just wait out the remainder of the process while in Canada as a visitor. If I get called for an interview will I have to go home to my home country and have the interview at the same visa office (meaning I have to go back to my home country)?
Yes the interview would be in your home country. Getting a TRV may be very difficult.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for sharing the information. Can you please mention why did they call the interview? I'm just trying to understand the point so that I can prepare the application based on that. Can you please mention about your marriage, how did you meet and when all the events are happened?
They usually call an interview in cases where marriage has been arranged because there has not been a lot of time together to prove that it is a genuine relationship. Unfortunately CIC is aware that some marriages are just for immigration and there are certain countries where that is more common. CIC will look out for unusual circumstances like spouses having very different economic or educational background. In cases where there has been a longer relationship interviews are more common where there is a big benefit from immigrating to Canada. If there are big differences in age, differences in religion, attempts to move to Canada before, etc.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Everything helps so I would bring the proof/receipts with you.
Thanks a lot for you reply but i have read one of the link for the spousal interview where a guy posted a comment saying that his visa got refuse and it was written in the letter saying that relationship is not genuine and there is $2000 Transaction between spouse and main applicant..
So i am a bit curious to know as i did send money to my spouse who i am sponsoring before marriage even..
So should i go ahead and submit this proof..??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for you reply but i have read one of the link for the spousal interview where a guy posted a comment saying that his visa got refuse and it was written in the letter saying that relationship is not genuine and there is $2000 Transaction between spouse and main applicant..
So i am a bit curious to know as i did send money to my spouse who i am sponsoring before marriage even..
So should i go ahead and submit this proof..??
The $2000 transaction may have been the only transaction and before the wedding. There would have been other proof that lead the officer to believe that this was payment for marriage to secure immigration. As long as the transfer of fu do between spouses makes sense it is not a problem and is more proof of a genuine relationship. How much money are you showing and what was the reason for the transfer of the money. Is the amount unusual based on your current savings and what would be considered a normal amount by friends and family?

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
The $2000 transaction may have been the only transaction and before the wedding. There would have been other proof that lead the officer to believe that this was payment for marriage to secure immigration. As long as the transfer of fu do between spouses makes sense it is not a problem and is more proof of a genuine relationship. How much money are you showing and what was the reason for the transfer of the money. Is the amount unusual based on your current savings and what would be considered a normal amount by friends and family?
Ill put some more light on my case as i am the principal applicant and i used to sent her money overseas for buying gifts as i wont able to gift her overseas the transactions are from my side being a principal applicant.. so i just want to know whether i need to show these receipts ..??
As i never received money from her..

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hello !
I got an interview appointment for hongkong in the beginning of march . So me and my husband we are planning to attend it together , because we were planning to go to thailand for a vacation and the appointment date was right at the end of the trip . So we decided to pass by hongkong and attend it togeter . At first i was not worried about it . Because for a fact our marriage is legible and we just got married too soon , that might be the reason of their doubt . My husband is so chill he is just happy things are going smooth . But after reading too much on the internet . Also me being very forgetting person (sometimes i even forget my own birthday lol) Plus i am 3 months pregnant i am scared . Usually i am very emotional and with the pregnancy and hormones its not helping at all lol . i am afraid i might freak out and cry if they ask something mean . For the time being and i am going through difficult pregnancy alone away from my husband is so frustrating . So my main question is would me being pregnant is gonna help the process ? We were not plannig to get pregnant yet . But here we are !

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hello !
I got an interview appointment for hongkong in the beginning of march . So me and my husband we are planning to attend it together , because we were planning to go to thailand for a vacation and the appointment date was right at the end of the trip . So we decided to pass by hongkong and attend it togeter . At first i was not worried about it . Because for a fact our marriage is legible and we just got married too soon , that might be the reason of their doubt . My husband is so chill he is just happy things are going smooth . But after reading too much on the internet . Also me being very forgetting person (sometimes i even forget my own birthday lol) Plus i am 3 months pregnant i am scared . Usually i am very emotional and with the pregnancy and hormones its not helping at all lol . i am afraid i might freak out and cry if they ask something mean . For the time being and i am going through difficult pregnancy alone away from my husband is so frustrating . So my main question is would me being pregnant is gonna help the process ? We were not plannig to get pregnant yet . But here we are !
Hello dashka,

If your relationship is genuine, nothing to worry. Gather all information in orderly manner, give attention to any minor details. Some information in this particular thread will definitely help you to better understand.

Do mock video interview with all sorts of questions and see how you respond. Improve your answers as you do more and more mock video interviews. Yes pregnancy would help to some extent, but having delivered baby would carry more weight to the application. So your preparation will be basically based on what proofs you have from day one until the day of interview! Keep posting photos and videos on your Facebook page with your husband while you are spending time together or with family and friends. Sometimes they check social media pages too!

Best wishes for you!

Hasan

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Dear friends,
After inquiring about my PR application, SGVO says my application is in queue for interview. They will inform the interview schedule 1 month before.
My Timeline:
SINP nominee
Applicant: Bangladeshi
Application submitted: jan2019
Transfer to Singapore Visa office: Aug2019
Medical request and done: yet to requested
I was not prepared for such interview. it is new to me and im a bit confused and tensed. The interview questions published here were very helpful to get an idea. Thanks author for writing and to let us know. I wd like to know,
a)how long the queue is as i am waiting since aug2019?
b) Is there any instance of any negative decision after interview.

Thanks

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hello everyone , can anyone help me ??
Im an in queue for interview , they email me about a month ago but dont put me a date , i dont know how many time should i wait .. had anyone passed this before? Im november 2017 applicant , i have passed 12 months ... now im waiting , is there a chance to be inteviewed before christmas?
Hello, im also same situation like you. Can you pls tell me about your interview waiting period?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Dear friends,
After inquiring about my PR application, SGVO says my application is in queue for interview. They will inform the interview schedule 1 month before.
My Timeline:
SINP nominee
Applicant: Bangladeshi
Application submitted: jan2019
Transfer to Singapore Visa office: Aug2019
Medical request and done: yet to requested
I was not prepared for such interview. it is new to me and im a bit confused and tensed. The interview questions published here were very helpful to get an idea. Thanks author for writing and to let us know. I wd like to know,
a)how long the queue is as i am waiting since aug2019?
b) Is there any instance of any negative decision after interview.

Thanks
Interview date is really unpredictable but you must check your email and online status frequently including your junk mail. Also check your respective thread in this forum to see how others are experiencing with their time line for the interviews. This thread is focussing on spousal sponsorship interview but you will find here some common questionnaire too.

All the best.

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Interview date is really unpredictable but you must check your email and online status frequently including your junk mail. Also check your respective thread in this forum to see how others are experiencing with their time line for the interviews. This thread is focussing on spousal sponsorship interview but you will find here some common questionnaire too.

All the best.
Thanks for reply. Should i order a gcms notes to get a better idea on my application?

Ismail111

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29 April 2019
File Transfer...
23 oct 2019
Med's Request
29 June 2019
Med's Done....
09 Aug 2019
Interview........
28 Jan 2020
I had interview in delhi on 28 jan it went smooth and got per arrival letter the next day so any idea when they send PPR ?