+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

Feb 6, 2018
Dear All, I did interview last month 7Jun. My husband could not manage to join the interview with me. The interview was for approx 15mins, in english, the interpreter was there just in case. All the questions were simple, and about the information has been provided in the application. At the end, the officer collected updated forms including police certificate and told me that they would send instruction for RPRF payment, and other guidances including passport request (I hope I heard correctly). Then I got invitation to pre-arrival services on 11Jun, request to pay RPRF 2 weeks after that and we made it.

Another thing could someone help to consult me, my child was studying in canada, in case we got approved, how we could validate his PR status? He does not have US visa would we able to do flagpolling at US-Canada land border, or he should flight back and return via international aiport in canada?
Thank you very much

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Hi guys! Just wanted to share our experience. We are an Outland common-law application that was transferred to Los Angeles VO and asked to attend an interview April 18th. The interview was long and difficult, but it went well and the officer approved us on the spot and gave my boyfriend his COPR so he can land as a PR. Very relieved everything is over.
Can you share your experience in detail? Me and my husband have an interview next week , I would also like to know if they ask any particular documents? In there letter they have asked to bring recent Police Clearance. unfortunately police clearance that i have submitted is expired and new one has 12-14 week processing time and my interview is next month. Did they ask you to submit original police clearance?

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
INTERVIEW FOR OUTLAND APPLICANT IN LA:

Hi guys, I had interview yesterday and I got approved. It was a short one and we were out in 25 minutes although we had to wait for about 1.30 hr from our schedule time. And yes she interviewed both me and my wife together in 25 minutes. There were only two interviews including ours. VO interviewed the other couple for over 90 minutes and refused them. Do not expect this LA office to be very big like buffalo there were only 4 people in there including security guy and visa officer.

Anyhow guys thanks everyone for helping my queries you guys are amazing and I love this forum. This forum helped me way way more than my lawyer, honestly.

Few more questioned she said she is sending medical and fingerprint request to me on lawyers email, hopefully I will get it today. Question is how long will it take now after I done with both? She said medical is taking 4 months now but I doubt it.

Second question, she said your status is expiring in month and half and its your responsibility to remain in status until you land. She suggest me to apply for TRV as visitor and she said you have 90 days after your status expires.........

I was interviewed(sponsored by my wife) and the main reason was my education. They wanted to know in detail where I took education and when I completed my programs. They wanted to see my transcripts. Although education documents are not in the checklist of spousal application but I highly recommend to include it, otherwise it can waste your precious time like it wasted my one whole year especially if you are living in canada with your spouse.
Did they ask to show or submit any documents? I have interview in LA next month

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
I am also required to attend an interview on August 5, however mine will be in LA. I have received basically the same letter as you have, which I deem to be a form letter certain portions of which do not apply to all applicants. As my medical has been extended until February 2015 ,I don't think it's necessary to redo it. Also I did not obtain another FBI clearance either as time would not permit it. I have been residing in Canada since March 2012 on extended visitor visas so I will bring the originals to the interview as proof of my legal status in Canada. My sponsor will be attending the interview with me and will provide his Canadian passport as proof of his citizenship although we have already submitted a photocopy with the original application.
It seems to me that for US applicants, these interviews are for the purpose of finalizing their decision on permanent residence eligibility as regards to the genuineness of the relationship,and all other aspects of processing has been completed as regards to medical, police clearances etc.
Good luck with your interview.
Hi I have relationship interview next month in LA. Can you please share your detail experience? I have a same question about Police Clearance. I do not have enough time to get US police clearance before interview

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Thank you immensely for your response, it's very reassuring to hear from such a similar situation. Ours is actually in LA, as well! We'll be a day apart. I'll try not to worry in regards to the police clearance and simply work on getting any photos printed that were taken between our application and now, amongst other things...

We wish you the absolute best on yours, as well!
Hi, I have relationship interview next month in LA, can you please share your detail experience? I have a same issue with Police clearance. I could not get Us police clearance before interview due to long processing time

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Hey folks,

First of all, congratulations @Hasan9999 for putting all this information together, you're a hero!

So, I was trying to find a similar case to mine but, I couldn't.
Here is my case:

I'm living in Winnipeg, MB since June 2016, have gone through all, student visa, PGWP visa, and now, finally requesting our PR through Express Entry (my wife, my son, and I). They already asked for my criminal check, done and sent last week.

So, IRCC Winnipeg requested an interview today (8/2/2018) on 8/14/2018 at 9AM, telling that I should be prepared to wait 2.5 hours since they are going to call in order of arrival.

Nothing else was said other than we should bring:
Ø A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other documents establishing your identity;

Ø Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please see the photo specifications below and show to the photographer.

Ø All Temporary Resident document(s) issued by IRCC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record) if applicable.

Ø Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Refugees are exempt from fees.

So, it seems awkward to me to request this kind of interview and as for our photos.
I was thinking on what they could want but, our application is really a simple one:
• living with my spouse since 2010,
• never married to anyone else,
• married since 2014,
• had our 1st child in 2013,
• had our 2nd here in Canada this year,
• never traveled to anywhere else,
• I did a bachelors back in home country
• and a college in Winnipeg related to my area,
• always worked with IT starting as a developer (since 2007)
• and, now as a systems analyst (since 2015)

Did anyone pass through this kind of interview?

Thanks!

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Hey Guys,

I am a permanent resident of Canada since July 2018. My wife name was added as a non-accompanying member during my PR application process. Thus, she has UCI number. Currently, I have sponsored for her PR by sending the application to CIC ( July 25, 2018). To date, I did not receive any acknowledgment. Is it normal? how many days does it take to get an initial response? Please share your experience in this regard.

Thank you.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Does interviewer take into consideration if sponsor and applicant have a child out of their relationship for approving permanent resident status and grant papers because they can't split apart a family?

May 14, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
i did my interview today, VO asked me so many qus about my wife 2 kids, an,,more about her, 1 h 30 m, i said everything truth, at last she said,,
***ok i belive your marriage is genuine***

#but why your wife's kids are not attend your wedding party, ( there are in canada)
# how your parents take your wife easly when she is older then you and dhe have 2 kids,. (i said my wife very sweet and lovely so she convinced then and now my parents are so happy to my wife)
#how u did sex before marriage?
# as you said you 1st met by fb but you said u don't have mutule friends, the how? ( i told her - i wrote poem and then one of my friend share that, then my wife like that post when i seen her i send her frnd req and that was in 2013,. i can remember the poem,)

i will send u email about 4to 5 weeks,

what I am successful?? can anybody help please?? I am so much worried,.

abexcosec

Jan 16, 2018
Good day all,
Please i need your help urgently. My wife(Principal Applicant) received this email today. She emailed cic(idnimmigration@international.gc.ca) yesterday requesting for the status of our application since it's been over 6months. She got a mail from them today saying ''
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Please note that the officer in charge of your case has decided that an interview is warranted.
You will be contact in due time to be convoked for an interview at our office in Accra. Note that your online application has been transferred to their office to interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in awaiting the interview convocation with the Accra office.
Sincerely,
VCM
Program Assistant | Assistante de programme
Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres''

Meanwhile, we reside in Nigeria. Can our file be transferred to there Lagos office since we reside in Nigeria upon request?
What will you advice we do.

Thanks in anticipation.

Reactions: maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Good day all,
Please i need your help urgently. My wife(Principal Applicant) received this email today. She emailed cic(idnimmigration@international.gc.ca) yesterday requesting for the status of our application since it's been over 6months. She got a mail from them today saying ''
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Please note that the officer in charge of your case has decided that an interview is warranted.
You will be contact in due time to be convoked for an interview at our office in Accra. Note that your online application has been transferred to their office to interview.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in awaiting the interview convocation with the Accra office.
Sincerely,
VCM
Program Assistant | Assistante de programme
Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres''

Meanwhile, we reside in Nigeria. Can our file be transferred to there Lagos office since we reside in Nigeria upon request?
What will you advice we do.

Thanks in anticipation.
The interview will be conducted in Accra because they deal with spousal sponsorship matters. I know people who had to fly from Nigeria to Accra for interview and they will send instructions and interview time. The Canadian High Commission in Nigeria does not deal with many of the immigration streams. They are all handled by Accra.

abexcosec

Jan 16, 2018
The interview will be conducted in Accra because they deal with spousal sponsorship matters. I know people who had to fly from Nigeria to Accra for interview and they will send instructions and interview time. The Canadian High Commission in Nigeria does not deal with many of the immigration streams. They are all handled by Accra.
Ok. Thank you.

Please from your experience, how can we best prepare for the interview. We shall be travelling to Accra together for the interview.
We plan to email AVO stating that LVO emailed us that our file has been transferred to them and we will like them to initiate the interview as soon as possible because my wife is 4+ month pregnant and many airlines don't allow 6+ months pregnant women on plane OR you think we should just wait without informing them about anything.

* I think seeing my wife pregnant should be presumably be part of evidence that the marriage is genuine*

Lodry

Oct 19, 2018
Hi

I had an interview last Monday and everything was going well until the VO accused me of committing document fraud with my life insurance. He asked me if I got my friend to make it up for me. I even gave him the original, but he still kept going on. He told me he would need 2 days to verify it is not fake and he would email me back. He said he promised to do it fast as he could as my medical is running out in November and if he was going to pass me he wanted to do it before I had to redo my medical.

I never heard from him - do you think I should I email the embassy and tell them what happened and ask what is going on? The life insurance is 100% legit so I am not worried about that - but he has my original life insurance and I would kind of like it back. They never give their names so I don't know who he is - but if I give the date and my file number they should be able to figure it out.

I see some people have had to wait almost a month after their interview to hear something, but he did tell me he would contact me in 2 days and it will have been a week on Monday. Just looking for advice.

Thanks

Marilyn13

Jul 8, 2018
Hi

I had an interview last Monday and everything was going well until the VO accused me of committing document fraud with my life insurance. He asked me if I got my friend to make it up for me. I even gave him the original, but he still kept going on. He told me he would need 2 days to verify it is not fake and he would email me back. He said he promised to do it fast as he could as my medical is running out in November and if he was going to pass me he wanted to do it before I had to redo my medical.

I never heard from him - do you think I should I email the embassy and tell them what happened and ask what is going on? The life insurance is 100% legit so I am not worried about that - but he has my original life insurance and I would kind of like it back. They never give their names so I don't know who he is - but if I give the date and my file number they should be able to figure it out.

I see some people have had to wait almost a month after their interview to hear something, but he did tell me he would contact me in 2 days and it will have been a week on Monday. Just looking for advice.

Thanks
If I were you I would try to contact the embassy on Monday if you don't hear from them. If the embassy ignores you, as they have been known to do, I would contact your MP. The VO did tell you he would contact you in 2 days and he did not, you have a right to inquire as to what is going on with your application.