+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Interview Questionaires, Experience, Preparations

Qifulife2

Dec 19, 2017
Hi , guys , I’ve been on this thread for a while since I know we would be expecting an interview ever since we submitted, because of our age gap(he’s 26 years older) .so finally I’m here to make my first post , I’m having an interview next month and I am aware of all our red flags. We have been together for 4 years and living together for 2.5 years , just a legal registration , no ceremony because of financial issue also it wasn’t that important to me , I plan to bring our correspondence since 2013 until now , emails , iMessages, travel visa stamps , flights tickets , money transactions , and more photos . We have joint lease contract but it’s just for a year , the place we are staying doesn’t do very formal contract so I doubt they would take it seriously . Anyways , could you please give me more inputs ? Anything is appreciated! Thanks in advance !

mandhir89

Aug 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27 MARCH 2017
AOR Received.
29 MARCH 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
11 APRIL 2017
Med's Done....
21 APRIL 2017
Interview........
DECEMBER 6 2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2018
LANDED..........
feb 2018
i done my interview on 6 December 2017 ,i m march applicant ,only got pre arrival next day and then background check started last friday & nothing still waiting ,officer told me they wil reply in jan 2018 first week or 2nd week

Qifulife2

Dec 19, 2017
i done my interview on 6 December 2017 ,i m march applicant ,only got pre arrival next day and then background check started last friday & nothing still waiting ,officer told me they wil reply in jan 2018 first week or 2nd week
Congrats! How did the interview go exactly? Do you mind sharing your experience a bit ?

mandhir89

Aug 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27 MARCH 2017
AOR Received.
29 MARCH 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
11 APRIL 2017
Med's Done....
21 APRIL 2017
Interview........
DECEMBER 6 2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2018
LANDED..........
feb 2018
Congrats! How did the interview go exactly? Do you mind sharing your experience a bit ?
yes sure it was good and i wil post here all question they ask me ,,

Question asked by interviewer to me
Firs of all she was indian base immigration officer

First question
(1) How you guys met ?
2)What do you know about her ?
3) her education and job
4} her siblings and details
Address of her job place or office whatever
5) where they lives ?
Her parents
6) my siblings and details
7) whats ur plan ahead
8) marriage date 2 times
9) was there any marriage reception?
10) reception hotel bill
11) how long stayed together after marriage?
12) did she visited again
And how many days
And asked after marriage photos
Why my education isn’t enough as my wife done her education? Wasn’t any problem if it ?
They checked new photos
And then she said thats all I wanted to ask
We wil inform you by email or mail

Qifulife2

Dec 19, 2017
yes sure it was good and i wil post here all question they ask me ,,

Question asked by interviewer to me
Firs of all she was indian base immigration officer

First question
(1) How you guys met ?
2)What do you know about her ?
3) her education and job
4} her siblings and details
Address of her job place or office whatever
5) where they lives ?
Her parents
6) my siblings and details
7) whats ur plan ahead
8) marriage date 2 times
9) was there any marriage reception?
10) reception hotel bill
11) how long stayed together after marriage?
12) did she visited again
And how many days
And asked after marriage photos
Why my education isn’t enough as my wife done her education? Wasn’t any problem if it ?
They checked new photos
And then she said thats all I wanted to ask
We wil inform you by email or mail
Thanks for sharing ! It’s nice to see how many detailed questions there are . Just another question , how did you answer what do you know about her ? I find it hard to answer this kind of general question , just say her name and birthday , where she’s born and raised , details like this or talk about her personality?

Sorry for all the questions, I’m just very nervous about my interview ...

mandhir89

Aug 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27 MARCH 2017
AOR Received.
29 MARCH 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
11 APRIL 2017
Med's Done....
21 APRIL 2017
Interview........
DECEMBER 6 2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2018
LANDED..........
feb 2018
Thanks for sharing ! It’s nice to see how many detailed questions there are . Just another question , how did you answer what do you know about her ? I find it hard to answer this kind of general question , just say her name and birthday , where she’s born and raised , details like this or talk about her personality?

can u message in pm

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
when the visa officer at interview asks "Tell me what do you know about your wife"
What should be the good replay ?

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
my case is very complicated and messed up i got refused 2 times in my interviews....my story....my wife applied for me in 2013 june and in end of 2014 i got interview in delhi since no one told me anything about interview i went without preparing as a result i got refused than she re applied in 2016 and at jan 2017 again i got interview in delhi in this interview i did some how good compared to fisrt one but still i couldnt answer some of vo questions as a result again got refused then my wife filed an appeal in feb 2017 and in dec 2017 we were selected for ADR and at ADR the minister council told my wife that from your side we are satisfied and we know you are honest but we are not sure about your husband he may leave you after he land in canada like your ex husband (btw its her second marrige)
And the minister at ADR told my wife that we are giving your husband last chance and you can reapply and vo will interview him..

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018

They asked me the same question which i failed to answer as result got refused

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
I think you can PM Mandhir89 to get his answer . Sorry for your experience, it must feel awful .
She asked me to tell me about your wife and i said ask me anything about her i will answer she said no tell me about her and i had no idea what she exactly wanted to hear from me

Ludabrown26

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
She asked me to tell me about your wife and i said ask me anything about her i will answer she said no tell me about her and i had no idea what she exactly wanted to hear from me
The interviewer was giving you a open ended question; at that point you can say anything; your wife’s name; age; what she does for a living; where she lives in Canada; does she like the snow/cold; how many brothers and sister she has; pets; her personality; her eyes; smile; where she wants to travel; how many kids you guys want; the kind of car she drives; the list goes on and on. The interviewer wanted to see what YOU know about your wife.

It’s a standard job interview question in Canada; tell me about yourself? This way the interviewer gets a glimpse of you and your relationship with your wife and can direct other questions accordingly. Remember they are looking at body language too and the way you talk about your wife.

Reactions: mandhir89

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
The interviewer was giving you a open ended question; at that point you can say anything; your wife’s name; age; what she does for a living; where she lives in Canada; does she like the snow/cold; how many brothers and sister she has; pets; her personality; her eyes; smile; where she wants to travel; how many kids you guys want; the kind of car she drives; the list goes on and on. The interviewer wanted to see what YOU know about your wife.

It’s a standard job interview question in Canada; tell me about yourself? This way the interviewer gets a glimpse of you and your relationship with your wife and can direct other questions accordingly. Remember they are looking at body language too and the way you talk about your wife.
Yes that's a common question and your explanation is perfect. All they want to make sure is that marriage of convenience is not taking place in order to obtain Canadian PR.

Thank you.

Hasan

Reactions: Ludabrown26