Interview........
DECEMBER 6 2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2018
LANDED..........
feb 2018
hi guys can anyone tell ,what important documents should be taken to interview ?
my interview is just after 1 week from today ?

Samina jahan

Oct 26, 2017
Hey there,
I am June applicant,have received PPR on 30th nov,and submitted on the same day.Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get passport back with visa?My VO is Singapore and I am from Bangladesh.Thanks in Advance :)

mandhir89

Aug 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27 MARCH 2017
AOR Received.
29 MARCH 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
11 APRIL 2017
Med's Done....
21 APRIL 2017
Interview........
DECEMBER 6 2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2018
LANDED..........
feb 2018
hi please help anyone who gone through interview

i have interview on 6 December 2017

now the problem is on forms when filled application my representative ticked yes for interpreter but i don't need it becuse i can speak English,,do i have to engage interpreter for my interview still as on email interview if you not speak English or french u must engage interpreter ,,please any answer me,,many thanks

if so i need to engage i wil do it tomorrow on any cost i got no choice now

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hey there,
I am June applicant,have received PPR on 30th nov,and submitted on the same day.Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get passport back with visa?My VO is Singapore and I am from Bangladesh.Thanks in Advance :)
4 weeks...

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
hi please help anyone who gone through interview

i have interview on 6 December 2017

now the problem is on forms when filled application my representative ticked yes for interpreter but i don't need it becuse i can speak English,,do i have to engage interpreter for my interview still as on email interview if you not speak English or french u must engage interpreter ,,please any answer me,,many thanks

if so i need to engage i wil do it tomorrow on any cost i got no choice now
It varies from VO to VO. For your specific VO, please check the respective thread.

But if you don't need interpreter, you can inform your interviewer before interview. In Dhaka, a local Canadian HC employee acts as interpreter at the interview even if there is no requirement by the applicant.

Hasan

Reactions: mandhir89

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
hi guys can anyone tell ,what important documents should be taken to interview ?
my interview is just after 1 week from today ?
In your interview letter they specifically informed you to bring certain documents and proof of relationship. So act accordingly.

You may bring copies of your application and whatever documents you have submitted to them in an organized manner. Bring current and old passports. Copies of marriage certificate, police clearance certificate, your bank statement, asset statement, current employment papers, educational certificates etc.

Please make sure that you know details about your sponsor in terms of employment, residential address, habits etc. etc.

Good luck!

Hasan

Reactions: mandhir89

MARCH_19YSH

Sep 16, 2017
karachi
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
19-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
05-12-2017
hi hassan can you please check your pm i have messaged you

Reese1028

Dec 5, 2017
Hi..new to this forum. We applied in April 2017 Outland application. My husband is Jamaican I am Canadian. We worked and met while working on cruise ships and have been together 3 years at Time of application. we passed first phase but are now being called for an interview. My lawyers sounds worried and is suspicious and of course we are both upset...advice please? He works and lives on u.s. Government base and I only get to see him every 4 months ir so...so in love and just want to finally Be able to be together and start a family. What to expect in this interview in Jamaica? Anyone had one done in Kingston before? Supposedly one of the hardest visa posts? Thanks in advance

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Hello all,

I applied for In-Canada Spousal/Family Class to sponsor my wife. My wife lives with me and has an open work-permit. She was recently invited for an interview with the following requirements -

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

[DATE/TIME/LOCATION]

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class
  • Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

Has anyone in the same boat? What should we expect here?

Here is some background -

I met my wife through a online matrimony website, and the marriage was arranged. But we had 9 months to get to know each other over skype/whatsapp/facebook. I traveled to Germany (she was pursuing her Phd) to meet her and we had a vacation together in Greece. I proposed to her in Germany (after we came back) and we decided to get married in November when she visits me here. We then decided to file for a in-land spousal/family class PR.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hello all,

I applied for In-Canada Spousal/Family Class to sponsor my wife. My wife lives with me and has an open work-permit. She was recently invited for an interview with the following requirements -

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:

[DATE/TIME/LOCATION]

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passports at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:

Ø All of your dependants in Canada if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Documents issued to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ø If you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal/Family Class
  • Your sponsor must be present
  • You must provide evidence of cohabitation

Ø Two (2) photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months – see specifications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Ø Proof you have paid the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee. This fee is not required for minors or Convention Refugees.

Has anyone in the same boat? What should we expect here?

Here is some background -

I met my wife through a online matrimony website, and the marriage was arranged. But we had 9 months to get to know each other over skype/whatsapp/facebook. I traveled to Germany (she was pursuing her Phd) to meet her and we had a vacation together in Greece. I proposed to her in Germany (after we came back) and we decided to get married in November when she visits me here. We then decided to file for a in-land spousal/family class PR.
It is more likely a landing interview. They will grant PR visa after seeing the documents they asked.

Good luck!

Hasan

Reactions: wp14

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi..new to this forum. We applied in April 2017 Outland application. My husband is Jamaican I am Canadian. We worked and met while working on cruise ships and have been together 3 years at Time of application. we passed first phase but are now being called for an interview. My lawyers sounds worried and is suspicious and of course we are both upset...advice please? He works and lives on u.s. Government base and I only get to see him every 4 months ir so...so in love and just want to finally Be able to be together and start a family. What to expect in this interview in Jamaica? Anyone had one done in Kingston before? Supposedly one of the hardest visa posts? Thanks in advance
Hi,

Thanks for posting.

Do you have any idea why your lawyer is worried? Do you see any visible red flags in the application?

Hasan

Reese1028

Dec 5, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for posting.

Do you have any idea why your lawyer is worried? Do you see any visible red flags in the application?

Hasan
Hi Hasan...I guess he hasn't had a lot of applications that go to interview. Usually just ask direct for medical and passport. No red flags that I can see..we had a small wedding just my parents him and I..he has no parents that are alive. And there is a nine Year age difference between us but lawyer says we are age appropriate. I guess we just take all our info and hope for the best. I can't see anything else in the app that would be cause for alarm from an immigration perspective....any thing you can suggest from the past??

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
It is more likely a landing interview. They will grant PR visa after seeing the documents they asked.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hey Hasan,

Thanks for replying! I was wondering if you would know some possible examples of 'evidence of cohabitation'?

Also how do i differentiate between a landing interview and the Spousal Interview requests?

Thanks again!