Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi Hasan...I guess he hasn't had a lot of applications that go to interview. Usually just ask direct for medical and passport. No red flags that I can see..we had a small wedding just my parents him and I..he has no parents that are alive. And there is a nine Year age difference between us but lawyer says we are age appropriate. I guess we just take all our info and hope for the best. I can't see anything else in the app that would be cause for alarm from an immigration perspective....any thing you can suggest from the past??
Just take with you all ongoing relationship proofs and documents. Prepare well. You will succeed.

Good luck!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hey Hasan,

Thanks for replying! I was wondering if you would know some possible examples of 'evidence of cohabitation'?

Also how do i differentiate between a landing interview and the Spousal Interview requests?

Thanks again!
Cohabitation proofs include joint ownership or rental agreement with your spouse, joint Bank account showing same residential address, joint insurance policy in the same address ...any proofs or anything that shows you two have been living together.

Landing interview is just a formality to grant PR positively by CIC on a decided case (for inland application).

Hasan

Reactions: wp14

wp14

Jun 25, 2012
Cohabitation proofs include joint ownership or rental agreement with your spouse, joint Bank account showing same residential address, joint insurance policy in the same address ...any proofs or anything that shows you two have been living together.

Landing interview is just a formality to grant PR positively by CIC on a decided case (for inland application).

Hasan

Thanks Hasan

Faheempk

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi Hassan

I had my interview done on Dec 7th. I tried my best to clarify all the concerns VO had. Most of my wife's answers matched with mine except one about which game I play. One question was If we reject your file what you would do? My wife (PA) said I would call my husband to live with me in Pakistan but I said we will reapply.
In the end VO said she still has some concerns and will review and will let us know within one month. She kept all our docs like communication proof, police certificate, passport photocopies and pics.
My brother had his interview right after mine. Our story is almost identical. It was an arranged marriage and we didn't visit our spouse for almost 3 years. On top of that we submitted our applications late. My sister also got married that time. It was joint functions of me my brother n sister. but she sponsored her husband early plus visited Pak within one year. Now her husband is in Canada for last two years and they have a baby girl.
There is an update on CIC it say medical has been received.
Please let me know what to do at this point. Does this seem positive or negative?

Safsay

Nov 2, 2017
i just completed the interview on 7th nov .. and Alhamdulillah it was so easy and smooth ..the visa oficer was a canadian guy and very friendly ..though in the beggining he tried to make to confused..but as i kept answering confidently then he became friendly .. he didn't ask me any question about how well i know my husband .. he only asked ho our relation grew and why we got maried at a certain point ..thats all .. and he said he will approve :D
Hi
After getting your interview request how long it took you to face for the interview and are you from Bangladesh

Bakhlava

Jul 29, 2017
Hi guys,
I just recently applied for my husband to come to Canada. I live in Canada and he lives in Iran, we obviously dont have property together or bills in both are names as we live in two separate countries.

I have two questions if i got divorce in September and then got married two weeks after to my long time friend, does this creat doubt? My ex and I have been legally separated since 2015 but our divorce proceedings took a while. Will this cause concern for i CIC?

If they request an interview do they want both parties or just the main applicant.

Thanks for your help in advance

Last edited:

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi Hassan

I had my interview done on Dec 7th. I tried my best to clarify all the concerns VO had. Most of my wife's answers matched with mine except one about which game I play. One question was If we reject your file what you would do? My wife (PA) said I would call my husband to live with me in Pakistan but I said we will reapply.
In the end VO said she still has some concerns and will review and will let us know within one month. She kept all our docs like communication proof, police certificate, passport photocopies and pics.
My brother had his interview right after mine. Our story is almost identical. It was an arranged marriage and we didn't visit our spouse for almost 3 years. On top of that we submitted our applications late. My sister also got married that time. It was joint functions of me my brother n sister. but she sponsored her husband early plus visited Pak within one year. Now her husband is in Canada for last two years and they have a baby girl.
Please let me know what to do at this point. Does this seem positive or negative?
As the interviewer took all documents at the end of the interview, I assume the result will be more likely positive.

Good luck!

Hasan

Reactions: Faheempk

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi guys,
I just recently applied for my husband to come to Canada. I live in Canada and he lives in Iran, we obviously dont have property together or bills in both are names as we live in two separate countries.

I have two questions if i got divorce in September and then got married two weeks after to my long time friend, does this creat doubt? My ex and I have been legally separated since 2015 but our divorce proceedings took a while. Will this cause concern for i CIC?

If they request an interview do they want both parties or just the main applicant.

Thanks for your help in advance

Quick marriage just after divorce is usually considered red flag by the CIC unless you have a solid explanation substantiated by evidences.

Interview is for the principal applicant.

Hasan

Last edited:

Bakhlava

Jul 29, 2017
Quick marriage just after divorce is usually considered red flag by the CIC unless you have a solid explanation substantiated by evidences.

Interview is for the principal applicant.

Hasan
You mean evidence of genuiness, as we have many documents since 2013 showing our friendship and our relationship since 2015, such as pictures, trips, money trasnfer to his account.

Also one reason my divorce was postponed was the fact I had a major heart surgery and I was in intense care unit for a whole month, also I was advised by physyicians to avoid stress, all of these docuemnts have been already sent as evidence.

Can you elaborte of what more that could have been sent, ot type of questions that may arise in your opinion.

Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
You mean evidence of genuiness, as we have many documents since 2013 showing our friendship and our relationship since 2015, such as pictures, trips, money trasnfer to his account.

Also one reason my divorce was postponed was the fact I had a major heart surgery and I was in intense care unit for a whole month, also I was advised by physyicians to avoid stress, all of these docuemnts have been already sent as evidence.

Can you elaborte of what more that could have been sent, ot type of questions that may arise in your opinion.

Thanks
Yes proving beyond doubt genuineness of your relationship and marriage is the crucial factor. You have to submit all proofs (including ongoing communication) in support of your relationship starting from day one till date. What prompted you to marry quickly just after divorce must be explained in details.

Hasan

Safsay

Nov 2, 2017
i just completed the interview on 7th nov .. and Alhamdulillah it was so easy and smooth ..the visa oficer was a canadian guy and very friendly ..though in the beggining he tried to make to confused..but as i kept answering confidently then he became friendly .. he didn't ask me any question about how well i know my husband .. he only asked ho our relation grew and why we got maried at a certain point ..thats all .. and he said he will approve :D
Hi tajnuba
How long did you wait for them to send you interview date . As Im waiting for interview date it's been 1.5months they just send me letter that I need interview and the next connect will lettimg me know the date and place .

Safsay

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Hassan

How long did you wait for interview date . And which vo

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
Hi tajnuba
How long did you wait for them to send you interview date . As Im waiting for interview date it's been 1.5months they just send me letter that I need interview and the next connect will lettimg me know the date and place .
I got to know about my interview in may and then i got the interview scheduled letter on october 4th . So from the date of my file was transferred it took 6 month all together to get a date . They will always send you the interview date letter 1 month before the interview