Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hassan vai, yes i am busy with exams and courses ,got my licence to practice medicine in usa. now i am in trouble!! lol. i am also applying for canada licence , i am not working though. everything is fine here.
If you could do it in USA, it won't be too tough for you in Canada provided you concentrate fully. It will be a lifetime achievement specially being a medical practitioner in Canada.

All the best.

Hasan

Westendlib

May 17, 2016
My husband's interview experience with the Cairo visa office:

We applied in March. My husband had his interview on Oct 1st. He'd requested French in the initial application but as they didn't have anyone in the embassy who spoke French, they did the interview in Arabic (he could have done it in English as well, but he was given the choice and Arabic was obvs better for him). They spoke for about an hour and a half. The interviewer was pleasant -- direct but not aggressive or confrontational. I could hear them laughing occasionally through the door. She did not ask any 'weird' questions that I've heard others being asked (how many cavities does your wife have, etc) and no one asked to look at his phone (in Cairo you must check your electronics and lighters with security upon entering the embassy).

My husband is very calm and confident and I knew he wouldn't have a problem with the interview. I had a panic attack a few days before the interview and decided to fly out to Cairo and attend it as well. I don't know if this helped sway the interviewer, but having me there definitely gave both my husband and I the strength and confidence to keep going (it's been a long year!)

So after she spoke with my husband, she asked me to come into the room, said she didn't have any questions for me but I could say anything I wanted. So I spoke a little about how hard this year has been being apart, etc. She then asked my husband to leave the room and she asked me a few more questions, where were you born, what is your work, could you live in Egypt, what do you love about your husband? I was very nervous and blurted out, "he's so sexy!" and the interviewer laughed.

My husband got the impression that the interviewer had not read our application, so either someone else in the embassy read it and flagged him for an interview or they simply interview all applicants (our lawyer said that if they have the time and the staff, some offices will interview everyone regardless).

The interviewer did not look at the additional documents they requested we bring, but said she would look at them after the interview. We were asked to bring our marriage certificate, evidence of sponsor’s visits, proof of ongoing relationship between applicant and sponsor (pre and post marriage), wedding, honeymoon and engagement photos, and any photos of sponsor with applicant's family. We had an envelope 3" thick of photos and viber chats and receipts and boarding passes, and etc etc etc.

On Oct 5th, they emailed and asked for his passport, 2 photos, his height and eye colour on a separate sheet of paper, and a sworn affidavit from me about when I split with my ex (we were commonlaw)

My husband dropped those items off on Tuesday (Oct 10th) and today (Oct 12) we received an email that his visa has been issued and he should arrange to pick up his passport!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
My husband's interview experience with the Cairo visa office:

We applied in March. My husband had his interview on Oct 1st. He'd requested French in the initial application but as they didn't have anyone in the embassy who spoke French, they did the interview in Arabic (he could have done it in English as well, but he was given the choice and Arabic was obvs better for him). They spoke for about an hour and a half. The interviewer was pleasant -- direct but not aggressive or confrontational. I could hear them laughing occasionally through the door. She did not ask any 'weird' questions that I've heard others being asked (how many cavities does your wife have, etc) and no one asked to look at his phone (in Cairo you must check your electronics and lighters with security upon entering the embassy).

My husband is very calm and confident and I knew he wouldn't have a problem with the interview. I had a panic attack a few days before the interview and decided to fly out to Cairo and attend it as well. I don't know if this helped sway the interviewer, but having me there definitely gave both my husband and I the strength and confidence to keep going (it's been a long year!)

So after she spoke with my husband, she asked me to come into the room, said she didn't have any questions for me but I could say anything I wanted. So I spoke a little about how hard this year has been being apart, etc. She then asked my husband to leave the room and she asked me a few more questions, where were you born, what is your work, could you live in Egypt, what do you love about your husband? I was very nervous and blurted out, "he's so sexy!" and the interviewer laughed.

My husband got the impression that the interviewer had not read our application, so either someone else in the embassy read it and flagged him for an interview or they simply interview all applicants (our lawyer said that if they have the time and the staff, some offices will interview everyone regardless).

The interviewer did not look at the additional documents they requested we bring, but said she would look at them after the interview. We were asked to bring our marriage certificate, evidence of sponsor’s visits, proof of ongoing relationship between applicant and sponsor (pre and post marriage), wedding, honeymoon and engagement photos, and any photos of sponsor with applicant's family. We had an envelope 3" thick of photos and viber chats and receipts and boarding passes, and etc etc etc.

On Oct 5th, they emailed and asked for his passport, 2 photos, his height and eye colour on a separate sheet of paper, and a sworn affidavit from me about when I split with my ex (we were commonlaw)

My husband dropped those items off on Tuesday (Oct 10th) and today (Oct 12) we received an email that his visa has been issued and he should arrange to pick up his passport!
Thanks so much for sharing your husband's interview experience at Cairo Visa Office!

Congratulations for the successful interview!

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
my wife (sponsord person) got interview request today scheduled to october 24th in india ndvo office, my question is that she is 5th month pregnant now and she is in canada with me how to inform to ndvo visa officer this issue and is it possible to attend the interview to local office i.e in canada? or else what is the alternatives about interview in india to postpone
Hi,

Could you reschedule the interview?

Hasan

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
If you could do it in USA, it won't be too tough for you in Canada provided you concentrate fully. It will be a lifetime achievement specially being a medical practitioner in Canada.

All the best.

Hasan
Thank you Hassan vai, i ll try my best.

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@Hassan9999 plz suggest what to do. 7.5 months after interview n no response :(:(:(

Reactions: Landing_PR

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
@Hasan9999 It's been 5.5 months since the interview and still no response. Visa office: London/Islamabad

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
@Hassan9999 plz suggest what to do. 7.5 months after interview n no response :(:(:(
I think you will get a positive decision soon. Such a long delay may eventually bring you good news provided background checking is done successfully.

You may send a well drafted email to your respective visa office stating that you haven't heard anything from them after the interview, so many months have already elapsed and such a long separation from your spouse made your life miserable. Please do mention your UCI number and file number. Letter should be soft and precise.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
@Hasan9999 It's been 5.5 months since the interview and still no response. Visa office: London/Islamabad
Wait two more weeks and then write a letter to your respective VO as suggested above to Barkatain, another forum member who is in a similar situation. The sponsor can however contact his respective local federal MP and request a feedback from CIC on your file. I heard that many federal MP offices in Canada can get expeditious feedback on immigration file.

Hasan

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Wait two more weeks and then write a letter to your respective VO as suggested above to Barkatain, another forum member who is in a similar situation. The sponsor can however contact his respective local federal MP and request a feedback from CIC on your file. I heard that many federal MP offices in Canada can get expeditious feedback on immigration file.

Hasan
Thank you @Hasan9999 however, I had contacted my MP in September who told me to wait it out until November for an update. She said that they are conducting Security checks but it's been 5.5 months. I don't understand why it's taking so long!!

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
Hello. Been reading this forum for some time now and decided to post.
I have my spousal interview on Thursday 26th @ 8 am.
Excited to see that something is happening after waiting for a year to hear back from Visa office but also nervous.
Will be sharing my experience.
Also medical has expired. Visa office has not stated medical redo. I'm sad because to do a medical I will have to travel to have to done and that's going to be very expensive. Not excited about that..

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hello. Been reading this forum for some time now and decided to post.
I have my spousal interview on Thursday 26th @ 8 am.
Excited to see that something is happening after waiting for a year to hear back from Visa office but also nervous.
Will be sharing my experience.
Also medical has expired. Visa office has not stated medical redo. I'm sad because to do a medical I will have to travel to have to done and that's going to be very expensive. Not excited about that..
If you're following this thread you are well prepared and confident to face your interview.

Hope you will succeed in today's interview!

Good luck!

Hasan

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
Hi,

Could you reschedule the interview?

Hasan
I was asked to reschedule or transfer to inside canada visa office , once i sent all supporting dicuments just i received mail that they received my documents n forwarded to correspobdent visa office yesterday i seen gc key changed to my interview starus changed tht i have complited interview dobt know that means

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
I was asked to reschedule or transfer to inside canada visa office , once i sent all supporting dicuments just i received mail that they received my documents n forwarded to correspobdent visa office yesterday i seen gc key changed to my interview starus changed tht i have complited interview dobt know that means
Thanks for update.

After review of your documents, the VO may reschedule interview or waive. If their reply isn't clear about the next step, you may send them email to request what to expect next with expected time line.

Good luck.

Hasan

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
Thanks for update.

After review of your documents, the VO may reschedule interview or waive. If their reply isn't clear about the next step, you may send them email to request what to expect next with expected time line.

Good luck.

Hasan
If medicals expired will they ask or v hav to go for ourself