Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
my wife (sponsord person) got interview request today scheduled to october 24th in india ndvo office, my question is that she is 5th month pregnant now and she is in canada with me how to inform to ndvo visa officer this issue and is it possible to attend the interview to local office i.e in canada? or else what is the alternatives about interview in india to postpone
Rescheduling interview will definitely delay the entire process quite significantly. You can communicate with NDVO by email to explore the possibilities of arranging interview for your wife in Canada (which is most unlikely unfortunately). But you never know they might give you a good alternative. Also you may consider going to your respective (local) federal MP, explain the actual situation and seek help.

If their answer comes out negative, it will be better for you guys to move back to India for the interview (provided she can bear the stress of long journey).

Good luck!

Hasan

Reactions: Happy007

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi everyone,

My am Canadian sponsoring my husband from Ghana. We are an interracial couple. I lived in Ghana for almost 4 years. I met my husband through work after over a year of living there. My husband and I have been together for four years and married for almost two. We have been apart our whole marriage except for visits, in which I've made 4 and I'm going back next month. Our families have met on multiple occasions. I work and school in Canada now. We are similar age, educated, and are both working steady jobs. My husband has a ten year old son, who is non accompanying and has always lived with his mother. My husband and the mother were never married nor lived together and haven't been together for 8 years. We applied august 2016, and were very open about this situation ensuring his ex knew of our intentions and she signed affidavits about the child and their past relationship. We got an interview request Friday sept 15, 2017 for this coming Thursday Sept 21st and asked to bring only passport photos for the son and a copy of signed ID from the mother. We have a lawyer and she has been helping us prepare. We are confident but also terrified. Any advice?

Last edited:

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
please someone tell me what can I do? its been 6 months after interview

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Does anyone in this group know that if VO doesn't ask for additional documents to support relationship, one cannot be asked to go for an interview?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Does anyone in this group know that if VO doesn't ask for additional documents to support relationship, one cannot be asked to go for an interview?
We didn't get asked for additional docs and we got called for an interview. We were not even asked for relationship stuff to bring for the interview.

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
We didn't get asked for additional docs and we got called for an interview. We were not even asked for relationship stuff to bring for the interview.
Thanks !!

Suman 2017

May 5, 2017
After successful interview I got DNA test request for my newborn baby.VO said she satisfied with my interview but Singapore send DNA test for baby.my husband gave his sample in June but stil they didn't call me for collecting my sample.can anyone know how many time need for DNA appointment

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hi I'm sponsoring my wife from Bangladesh.
she got a letter stating she has to do an interview.
she got the letter in Aug, the letter says the interview wait time is 24 months. is that correct?
is the wait time longer than 24 months?

I got our ATIP notes, one officer left notes stating:
he is satisfied with previous analysis on identity,
2017-07-06
interview waived
compatible age religion/language. first marriage for both- Low risk. no concerns evident ASSESSMENT OF IDENTITY:
ELIGIBILITY: passed ADMISSIBILITY ASSESSMENT
the applicant's low-risk profile, I've made my assessment, based on applicants declaration that there was no past or pending criminality in making my determination. CRIMINALITY PASSED.

. 2017-07-13
officer amendment
referred for an interview.

idk why they would say interview waived then request an interview

Last edited:

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi I'm sponsoring my wife from Bangladesh.
she got a letter stating she has to do an interview.
she got the letter in Aug, the letter says the interview wait time is 24 months. is that correct?
is the wait time longer than 24 months?

I got our ATIP notes, one officer left notes stating:
he is satisfied with previous analysis on identity,
2017-07-06
interview waived
compatible age religion/language. first marriage for both- Low risk. no concerns evident ASSESSMENT OF IDENTITY:
ELIGIBILITY: passed ADMISSIBILITY ASSESSMENT
the applicant's low-risk profile, I've made my assessment, based on applicants declaration that there was no past or pending criminality in making my determination. CRIMINALITY PASSED.

. 2017-07-13
officer amendment
referred for an interview.

idk why they would say interview waived then request an interview
For some reason the officer recommended interview after review. So at this point you can try to identify questions and concerns to successfully address them by sending additional relationship proofs. They might change their mind by waiving interview.

Hasan

Reactions: ojofar

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
After successful interview I got DNA test request for my newborn baby.VO said she satisfied with my interview but Singapore send DNA test for baby.my husband gave his sample in June but stil they didn't call me for collecting my sample.can anyone know how many time need for DNA appointment
Hi,

You can contact them by email that you are yet to give sample for DNA test while your husband's sample has already been taken.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
They may ask for an interview without asking any additional proofs or documents. Please collect your GCMS notes and try to find out what prompted them to recommend an interview.

Hasan

Reactions: Mari_8

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
please someone tell me what can I do? its been 6 months after interview
Sorry to hear this that you're experiencing such a long delay.

It's very unusual! You must contact your local federal MP once again and ask them to contact CIC asap to get the current status. MP office will definitely assist you positively to get the feedback. You can email Visa Office as well. The sponsor can call CIC 'call centre' in Canada also.

Get your GCMS notes to see what causes such long delay!

Hasan

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
For some reason the officer recommended interview after review. So at this point you can try to identify questions and concerns to successfully address them by sending additional relationship proofs. They might change their mind by waiving interview.

Hasan
i just back back from bangladesh, spend 2 weeks with my wife & her family. got pictures, plane ticket , stamp in&out of bangladesh, boarding pass, hotel reservations, honeymoon pictures
Do i send the proof that i went to bangladesh again though webform to singapore visa office?

should we write anything on the back of each pictuers (20) we send through webform singapore visa office?

Last edited:

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
i just back back from bangladesh, spend 2 weeks with my wife & her family. got pictures, plane ticket , stamp in&out of bangladesh, boarding pass, hotel reservations, honeymoon pictures
Do i send the proof that i went to bangladesh again though webform to singapore visa office?

should we write anything on the back of each pictuers (20) we send through webform singapore visa office?
Yes you should inform them you have spent vacation with your spouse recently. Email them all proofs and photos. Don't send too many similar pictures. Only good ones with both of you.

Hasan

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi everyone,

My am Canadian sponsoring my husband from Ghana. We are an interracial couple. I lived in Ghana for almost 4 years. I met my husband through work after over a year of living there. My husband and I have been together for four years and married for almost two. We have been apart our whole marriage except for visits, in which I've made 4 and I'm going back next month. Our families have met on multiple occasions. I work and school in Canada now. We are similar age, educated, and are both working steady jobs. My husband has a ten year old son, who is non accompanying and has always lived with his mother. My husband and the mother were never married nor lived together and haven't been together for 8 years. We applied august 2016, and were very open about this situation ensuring his ex knew of our intentions and she signed affidavits about the child and their past relationship. We got an interview request Friday sept 15, 2017 for this coming Thursday Sept 21st and asked to bring only passport photos for the son and a copy of signed ID from the mother. We have a lawyer and she has been helping us prepare. We are confident but also terrified. Any advice?
Hi,

Thanks for sharing. How was your interview?

Hasan