+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship (INLAND) 2018

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
Hi there
Just sent my in land application with OPW two days ago and it was recv in alberta..my question is this, my visitor visa will expire this feb 17, i am thinking of renewing the extension of my visitor visa. Wuld that be okay?

I heard of the implied status once u include OWP application but my concern what if there are error in the form and they will return it and ur visa was expired already. Am i still entitled for the implied status?

Please help..
Thanks and regards

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
Hi there
Just sent my in land application with OPW two days ago and it was recv in mississuaga..my question is this, my visitor visa will expire this feb 17, i am thinking of renewing the extension of my visitor visa. Wuld that be okay?

I heard of the implied status once u include OWP application but my concern what if there are error in the form and they will return it and ur visa was expired already. Am i still entitled for the implied status?

Please help..
Thanks and regards

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Received my AoR via email yesterday, 16 Feb. Spousal PR Application was received by CPC Mississauga on Jan 10th.

I am unable to link it online to my CIC account tho. Help!!

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Sent ours in. It was delivered March 9

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Those of you that are submitting inland / have submitted inland. Could you tell me a little about the process of you or your spouse getting into the country? I am getting married in March in Canada and then applying inland shortly after. My flight into Canada is on January the 19th and I'm a little concerned about the questions I will face at immigration. I have a multiple entry tourist visa that I used to enter Canada in November 2016.
We are also from South Africa, in the same boat. Canada does not have a fiance visa, so they have inland applications and open work permits in place; but to get into the country it seems as though you have to be untruthful at the border. I do not understand the logic behind it, as it makes it stressful for applicants that want to move to Canada to do the inland process.

If you want to, feel free to stay in contact! Would be nice to know another person that went through the same process...

Reactions: LauraLam

jawedi

Apr 25, 2018
Hey guys,

I am very confused and wondering if someone can please some feedback.

I applied for my husband's inland sponsorship in mid-March 2018 along with OWP, the application started processing on Apr 18th. We haven't linked our UCI with the case (did not create online profile yet) as our lawyer told us not to.

Its been more than 2 months since my initial submission and we are still waiting for OWP to arrive. I am just wondering is there anyone here in this group that also applied during similar times and have received their OWP? Also what is the processing time for OWP? On their website it states 5 weeks.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hey guys,

I am very confused and wondering if someone can please some feedback.

I applied for my husband's inland sponsorship in mid-March 2018 along with OWP, the application started processing on Apr 18th. We haven't linked our UCI with the case (did not create online profile yet) as our lawyer told us not to.

Its been more than 2 months since my initial submission and we are still waiting for OWP to arrive. I am just wondering is there anyone here in this group that also applied during similar times and have received their OWP? Also what is the processing time for OWP? On their website it states 5 weeks.

The 5-week timeline does not apply to OWP under sponsorship. It usually takes about 2-3 months.

Did your lawyer explain why you should not link your profile online?

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
HI, I recently got married. I have a coupleof querstions if you could answer .

1:- Do i need to add my spouse's name on my passport?
2:- Des she need to add my name on her passport?
3:- Does she need to change her name on the passport too?
4:- I have only few days in india, how long does it take to get the tatkal passport?

LauraLam

Aug 11, 2018
England
We are also from South Africa, in the same boat. Canada does not have a fiance visa, so they have inland applications and open work permits in place; but to get into the country it seems as though you have to be untruthful at the border. I do not understand the logic behind it, as it makes it stressful for applicants that want to move to Canada to do the inland process.

If you want to, feel free to stay in contact! Would be nice to know another person that went through the same process...
This is exactly how I feel! /: