+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
I see. What reasons did they give you pn your notes? Anything more specific? They transferred it tp Vancouver first and then it was sent to Edmonton, there's no notes from Vancouver at al, other than recieved certain date and transferred.
My file was transferred for further assessment to establish bonafides of relationship, that is their concerns and so l am waiting for them

Reactions: david_gat88

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Were do you live? You need to call CIC and push them to give you the landing letter..
I called cic today. They told me that my application was finalized last December 2018. All I’m waiting for is the Vancouver branch to contact me for schedule of landing interview which usually takes within 3months. Agent told me I still have mid March to wait to be contacted.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I contacted MP office and got reply today . Immigration haven't received my husband's PCC certificate . Lawyer is saying she submitted already , I had scanned copy and just submitted using webform .Not sure whats next . As per notes file is being transferred to local office month ago for further review . Security assessments have not being started yet. Please share your views!

Last edited:
Reactions: david_gat88

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello.
I applied on feb 07 2018 and i have not receige SA or AIP so far. It has been almost 13 months. No extra documents has been requested. When i called cic on january 28 and they told me that my background check has been completed and they are checking my sponsers eligibility. It has been almost 5 weeks after that and they are saying the same thing when i called them last week.

I know most of you here got the aprroval and some of you here waited longer than usual time. I am worried ans stressed out. Is this normal? Anyone can let me know in which stage i am.

Thank you

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hello.
I applied on feb 07 2018 and i have not receige SA or AIP so far. It has been almost 13 months. No extra documents has been requested. When i called cic on january 28 and they told me that my background check has been completed and they are checking my sponsers eligibility. It has been almost 5 weeks after that and they are saying the same thing when i called them last week.

I know most of you here got the aprroval and some of you here waited longer than usual time. I am worried ans stressed out. Is this normal? Anyone can let me know in which stage i am.

Thank you
Hi. It is very normal that they take longer than 12 months and that you don't get AIP and SA as soon as you expected, be patience, you're background check is done, and is usually the longest step in this process. Give it some time, 13 months is no reason to be stressed. As soon as your spouse is approved it'll go quicker, assuming that your medicals are done as well.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi. It is very normal that they take longer than 12 months and that you don't get AIP and SA as soon as you expected, be patience, you're background check is done, and is usually the longest step in this process. Give it some time, 13 months is no reason to be stressed. As soon as your spouse is approved it'll go quicker, assuming that your medicals are done as well.
Thank you very much for the reply and i have seen some of them waiting in this forum and also in 2018 one. I am just waiting for the sponsers approval. The other thing my work permit expired on 25th feb. I applied for the extension on 31st jan but i have not received the AOR and it has been almost 5 weeks.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Thank you very much for the reply and i have seen some of them waiting in this forum and also in 2018 one. I am just waiting for the sponsers approval. The other thing my work permit expired on 25th feb. I applied for the extension on 31st jan but i have not received the AOR and it has been almost 5 weeks.
From 6th March 2019 you can check your progress online with details progress. They just sent emails for improvement in tracking application online