+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018
you mean it DOES NOT matter?
Yeah because you can sponsor relatives too. If there is difference between the birth certificate and the passport i think that’s the issue . Unless the Cic would like you to clarify it ,but I think should be okay .

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Inland Application Received:
AOR: May 28, 2018
OWP Received: September 2018
Medical notification: October 23, 2018
Police Background Check: October 23, 2018
Police and Medical Test Check done: November 20, 2018
Eligibility passed:February 14, 2019
Decision Made: Hoping to be Feb 15, 2019 as per other people.

I am in Vancouver, When do you think I will get notified for Landing Interview. We are travelling to Australia (My wife is australian) for about two weeks from March 7 -24, 2019 and worried that they might schedule us for landing interview during our travel dates. Please advise.
Just to give you a perspective as everyone is different, I got my DM on October 1st last year, had my landing interview on November 23rd in Vancouver. But there were people who got their DM same timeline and had their landing interview in 3 weeks and later. Now the three of us I am referring to all had picture issues, they told us in Vancouver the pictures were fine, however all three of us got a request for new photos in December or early January and as of today, on February 14th, we are STILL waiting for our PR cards. So you have no guarantee in anything, really. What I am wondering about is how will you return without a PR card? I have not dared to leave Canada during this whole process as I have been told it's not wise. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can chime in about that, but I would call immigration and ask them that question for sure. Wishing you good luck with your process...

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys, I am just wondering if any of you have some input for my situation here.

I am planning to invite my sister to come to Canada for a visit. I just got my PR through spouse sponsorship. Two questions:
1) Can I invite her?
2) Her last name is a different format. it is not like mine. mine is "AHMED KHAN" and her is "AHMEDKHAN" in her passport she does not have space while mine have space. Do you think this will be an issue as prove of our relationship?
Thank you all.

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Are you just inviting her for a visit? Just send her/ an invitation letter, that's all you need to do. If you want google an example of an invitation letter .. and the requirements

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
Just to give you a perspective as everyone is different, I got my DM on October 1st last year, had my landing interview on November 23rd in Vancouver. But there were people who got their DM same timeline and had their landing interview in 3 weeks and later. Now the three of us I am referring to all had picture issues, they told us in Vancouver the pictures were fine, however all three of us got a request for new photos in December or early January and as of today, on February 14th, we are STILL waiting for our PR cards. So you have no guarantee in anything, really. What I am wondering about is how will you return without a PR card? I have not dared to leave Canada during this whole process as I have been told it's not wise. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can chime in about that, but I would call immigration and ask them that question for sure. Wishing you good luck with your process...
My wife has open work permit valid till 2020 and is australian (does not visa to enter the country - ETA is still valid from last time). So I dont think there should be any issues entering the country. I have also heard that you can have landing interview by doing flagpole or entering the country via plane from another country. In this case, we are going australia, dont you think we will be able to do landing interview at airport?

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

Last edited:

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
Decision Made: February 15, 2019
SA Approved: February 15, 2019
Prearrival services in Canada Email was also received - Not sure what this means.

Also, Do they always schedule landing interview for every PR application? Inland or Outland?

Last edited:

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Decision Made: February 15, 2019
Prearrival services in Canada Email was also received - Not sure what this means.

Also, Do they always schedule landing interview for every PR application? Inland or Outland?
I believe that is the process for every applicant, inland or outland. I am a US citizen who has the work permit also till 2020 as that was part of the process here when I applied and I don't believe that allows me to go in and out even though I have a valid US passport. I was told not to travel outside the country till I get my PR card in my hand. Again, perhaps someone else more knowledgable can chime in, but that is my knowledge. I was hoping to travel this winter as I hoped to get my PR card in time, but this picture issue messed that up. If I were you, to be sure, I would call immigration. A work permit is not a PR card.

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
I believe that is the process for every applicant, inland or outland. I am a US citizen who has the work permit also till 2020 as that was part of the process here when I applied and I don't believe that allows me to go in and out even though I have a valid US passport. I was told not to travel outside the country till I get my PR card in my hand. Again, perhaps someone else more knowledgable can chime in, but that is my knowledge. I was hoping to travel this winter as I hoped to get my PR card in time, but this picture issue messed that up. If I were you, to be sure, I would call immigration. A work permit is not a PR card.
This is weird.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

I dont know how can they deny your entry into the country with valid open work permit and ETA, It is very clearly stated in the above link.

My wife has made two trips outside the country in October to Iceland and USA and came back without any questions or concerns. I will still call the Immigration department on Monday to confirm this.

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
This is weird.

I dont know how can they deny your entry into the country with valid open work permit and ETA, It is very clearly stated in the above link.

My wife has made two trips outside the country in October to Iceland and USA and came back without any questions or concerns. I will still call the Immigration department on Monday to confirm this.
Well, that is a good point. I have been told not to and I could see why you would wonder why I have been told, specially after reading what you linked here. At this point, I stay put till I get my PR card, but if you call, would you mind posting what you found out? And that's awesome that your wife was able to travel without questions at return.

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
Well, that is a good point. I have been told not to and I could see why you would wonder why I have been told, specially after reading what you linked here. At this point, I stay put till I get my PR card, but if you call, would you mind posting what you found out? And that's awesome that your wife was able to travel without questions at return.
Yeah, we travelled out of country and came back without any questions or concerns.

Yes, I will post back after I speak to them on Monday.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
This is weird.

Once you become a PR, all your temporary permits are invalid. That's why they ask you to bring them during the landing interview.

For inland applications, you cannot flagpole at the border to activate your PR. It's only through the interview at the immigration office closest to you. I would suggest rescheduling your landing interview once you get the letter.

Reactions: evafromca

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hey @jeet07 Just wanted to tell you, wish you all the luck on your interview on Thursday, be positive, it's ok to be nervous but be confident on your answers, I hope you guys' process could be done in no time after. :)

Reactions: Fowl and Pgtk

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Once you become a PR, all your temporary permits are invalid. That's why they ask you to bring them during the landing interview.

For inland applications, you cannot flagpole at the border to activate your PR. It's only through the interview at the immigration office closest to you. I would suggest rescheduling your landing interview once you get the letter.
Correct!