+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hello.

It depends, if you are on Ecas and you see DM on sponsorship, that means Sponsor has been approved (SA) if you see DM on Permanent Residence that means your process is done and you're just waiting for a landing letter, that's basically what every thread here has mentioned, seems to be truthful.
Yes, I got DM on both side last week, since then no update at all.

Feb 4 2019- AIP & SA
Feb 5 2019- DM on both side.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
I know someone who got decision made as PA 2nd day after interview and landing was also done shortly .
Honestly I don’t think MP or ordering notes help speed up the process. I guess it’s just a matter of coincidence that mp or notes asked but the landing is already on the way. Did MP and orDered notes several times still no result.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
You're all done, just be patience and wait for your landing letter. May I know your timeline?

Congratulations!
My timeline as below:)

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
April 22 2018 -
Application sent.(Police check certificated and Schedule A submitted upfront)
April 24 2018 - Application delivered to Processing Centre.
May 25 2018 - AOR received, application linked
May 30 2018 - OWP application linked to online account
July 31 2018 - OWP approved
Aug 8 2018 - OWP received in the mail
Aug 20 2018 - Medical passed
We started processing ur app Dec 19 2018
Jan 25 2019-
Background check changed to processing
Feb 4 2019- AIP & SA
Feb 5 2019- DM on both side.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Did you call CIC? If so what they said? Also did you send an email throng the Web Form? Here the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

And I agreed with you, I don’t think MP would help speed up the process.
I did call CIC last month. They told me to call them again after a month. I’m calling them again today coz it’s been close or a month already since. Thanks. I’ll email them.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I did call CIC last month. They told me to call them again after a month. I’m calling them again today coz it’s been close or a month already since. Thanks. I’ll email them.
Give them a call and also contact them by Web Form too. Here they told us to do so:)

Spouse or common-law partner living inside Canada

Submitted on or after December 7, 2016

Processing time is 12 months

We are committed to processing most complete applications within the above time.

Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.

If it’s been longer than the time shown above since you applied, check your application status. If you don’t see an update, contact us using the Web form.

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018
Oct 2017 applicant. Had DM since December 2018 and until now no appointment for landing. So frustrated.
Really? I am September 2017. If you have had DM on you're application they should give you landing schedule. When you done you're medical and officer interview for you and you're spouse?

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
Hi guys, I am just wondering if any of you have some input for my situation here.

I am planning to invite my sister to come to Canada for a visit. I just got my PR through spouse sponsorship. Two questions:
1) Can I invite her?
2) Her last name is a different format. it is not like mine. mine is "AHMED KHAN" and her is "AHMEDKHAN" in her passport she does not have space while mine have space. Do you think this will be an issue as prove of our relationship?
Thank you all.

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018
Hi guys, I am just wondering if any of you have some input for my situation here.

I am planning to invite my sister to come to Canada for a visit. I just got my PR through spouse sponsorship. Two questions:
1) Can I invite her?
2) Her last name is a different format. it is not like mine. mine is "AHMED KHAN" and her is "AHMEDKHAN" in her passport she does not have space while mine have space. Do you think this will be an issue as prove of our relationship?
Thank you all.
You know what in my own opinion , it for st matter because you can sponsor relative too . They will requesting information from you if they needed to change it .

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018

1) Can I invite her?
Thank you all.
The Family Class Sponsorship Program reunites families by enabling adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative for immigration to Canada. To be eligible, the person seeking sponsorship must be a:

• Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • Dependent child
  • Parent
  • Grandparent
  • Sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild under 18 years who is unmarried and whose parents are deceased
The person sponsored must live outside Canada, unless they are residing legally in Canada temporarily, for example with a work or study permit.

Depending on your circumstances, there are two options for who you can sponsor.

Option 1: orphaned close relatives
You can sponsor close relatives onlyif they meet all conditions. This means they must be:

• orphaned
  • under 18
  • without a:
    • spouse
    • conjugal partner
    • common-law partner
  • related to you by blood or adoption, such as:
    • brothers or sisters
    • nephews or nieces
    • grandchildren
Option 2: other relative
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the conditions, including:

• you don't have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
    • spouse
    • common-law partner
    • conjugal partner
    • son or daughter
    • parent
    • grandparent
    • brother or sister
    • uncle or aunt
    • nephew or niece
  • you don’t have any of the above-named relatives who is:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • registered Indian under the Indian Act
If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

Other options: Express Entry
If your relative doesn’t qualify for sponsorship they may still be able to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant through Express Entry. This program:

• manages applications for certain economic immigration programs
  • selects applicants for their:
    • skills
    • experience
    • ability to contribute to Canada’s economy
  • awards points to some candidates who have family living in Canada
I hope these help ...

achohan91

Feb 14, 2019
Inland Application Received:
AOR: May 28, 2018
OWP Received: September 2018
Medical notification: October 23, 2018
Police Background Check: October 23, 2018
Police and Medical Test Check done: November 20, 2018
Eligibility passed:February 14, 2019
Decision Made: Hoping to be Feb 15, 2019 as per other people.

I am in Vancouver, When do you think I will get notified for Landing Interview. We are travelling to Australia (My wife is australian) for about two weeks from March 7 -24, 2019 and worried that they might schedule us for landing interview during our travel dates. Please advise.

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018
Inland Application Received:
AOR: May 28, 2018
OWP Received: September 2018
Medical notification: October 23, 2018
Police Background Check: October 23, 2018
Police and Medical Test Check done: November 20, 2018
Eligibility passed:February 14, 2019
Decision Made: Hoping to be Feb 15, 2019 as per other people.

I am in Vancouver, When do you think I will get notified for Landing Interview. We are travelling to Australia (My wife is australian) for two weeks from March 7 -24, 2019 and worried that they might schedule us for landing interview during our travel dates. Please advise.
I known someone who has her interview landing schedule after a month. She has interview nov.11 with her spouse and they’ve got schedule for their landing interview with her son on dec11.
It depends on VO handling you’re application, but give atleast a month . It says on their website 45days is the maximum , who knows it may be expedite to you’re situations or a month .